“Owners that care”
Review of The Beachmere Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
The Beachmere Inn
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
GreenLeadersGold level
MA
“Owners that care”
Reviewed 8 July 2010

This place is fantastic. Not sure if I've rated another place with all fives but I really think these people try very hard to make very one feel welcome, comfortable and relaxed.

The hotel is very nice and updated. I've stayed on both wings now and I feel the older wing has the better view hands down but the newer wing is very nice as well. You also get a private feeling on each balconey which I think is very important (both wings).

The prices are great for us because we stay on the shoulder seasons and enjoy the value.

This place is perfect for families especially with young kids. I always get a room with a seperate bedroom so we can put them to bed at a reasonable hour but still enjoy the view!

I am already planning another trip to the Beachmere.

1 Thank alwaysontheroad2008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 5 July 2010

We've been going to Ogunquit every few years for over 35 years and been staying at different hotels/motels in the area (King's Court, The Aspinquid, Seacastles Resort Inn and Suites, Pink Blossoms, all were very nice) . Every time we took a walk on Marginal Way we admired this beautiful place especially The Colonial building and wanted to rent at this place. This year we decided that it was the year. The only regret was, we should have reserved earlier but the budget wasn't there. From our room (room 26 In The colonial) the view was great (even lying in bed). The room spacious and clean. The bathroom was tiny but we don't go on vacation to spend lots of time in the bathroom. We will be definitely rent again at this place

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JAHMT1947
BeachmereSarah, Owner at The Beachmere Inn, responded to this review, 6 July 2010
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and after all this time coming to Ogunquit. # 26 is one of my favorite rooms in the Victorian, the perfect accommodation to view the sunrise over the ocean's horizon.... while sitting in bed. We look forward to your next visit! Thank You. Sarah Diment
United States
Reviewed 4 July 2010

My family and I have frequented Ogunquit for more than 10 years. When we’ve had the chance, we have tried to experience the Maine coast on more than one occasion per year. The last few years we have enjoyed our stay at the Beachmere Inn as our previous property has fallen into some disrepair. While we have always been more than satisfied, this summer we did experience a side of the Beachmere Inn we did not know existed.
This summer, due to our own lack of preparation, we had to change rooms during our visit. While we have always enjoyed Beachmere West, we had to change to Beachmere South for the end portion of our visit.
Beachmere West has always been “4 star” or better in my opinion and our expectations, needless to say, upon entering our room in Beachmere South were pretty high. Wow, what a difference. We went from a “4 star” accommodation to “2 star” in a very short walk. Everything, including the bed linens, towels, dishes, etc., were not anywhere close to the quality and comfort we had experienced the previous nights in Beachmere West. The room in Beachmere South was antiquated and in need of updating during the Bush administration. The worst part of all this….it was only about $25 less per night!
I would still recommend and stay at the Beachmere Inn for future visits….it just won’t be in Beachmere South. Beachmere Inn….please fix this…your reputation is based on all your rooms.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Dear TMCinDC

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. It's important to us to know how our guest feel about our inn, our service and accommodations. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our new West suites. These modern suites celebrated with their 2nd birthday this past June. Our campus comprises many different buildings, a 113 yr old Victorian building with 28 different rooms with various shapes, sizes and attributes. The South building has two sections with 6 end suites in the same design as the new Beachmere West suites. The rest of south has 16 rooms in a building existing since the 60's. Now we know that all of our accommodations can not meet the new luxury standard of the brand new suites, however we do feel that we keep all of our accommodations to the high level of standards our guests have come to expect. I apologize if you were not pleased with this room and what it offered your family. The south rooms use the same linen, dishware, mattresses, Corion kitchenettes and amenities but are decorated in a different style with different carpeting, bedding and towels. Each year all our rooms are reviewed for standards of guests comfort so that we can renovate bathrooms, update carpeting, add flat screen TV's and furniture. As I am not sure exactly what room you moved into in the south, I am unable to do a personal inspection to determine what issues need to be addressed.

I appreciate that you still would recommend the Beachmere's west suites and hope that those who choose rooms at our Inn look through our web site to see photos of every room on line, since so many of our rooms are different based on location and offering.

Sincerely, Sarah Diment
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 June 2010

As I'm trying to decide where to stay this year, I'm reflecting on our visit last year (2009). We didn't stay in the main hotel, but we stayed in one of the other houses - the Mayfair. So, I felt more like I was renting someone's apartment rather than staying at the hotel even though we could use all the amenities the Beachmere had to offer. The little apartment had a nice bathroom with large tub, a little kitchen, a living area with dining table and bedroom. Outside the apartment was a little garden with lots of foliage and flowers. So, it should have been pleasant.

What really turned me off was when the ceiling started leaking water. I freaked out because it was a steady stream of water in several spots. We put pots to catch the water and we changed those when they filled and we called the main office, but water still got on the couch and floor. Well, finally we hear back from the person at the front desk that the owner had been washing her dog and therefore it leaked. Now, would it have been too much for the owner to issue some sort of apology for the inconvenience and drama? Sorry for having to catch the dripping water and having a couch that is now wet in some spots? Thanks for catching the water and cleaning up the mess? Nada. We felt peed on.
So, yes, this hotel is rated very highly and from the main hotel the view is lovely, but we wouldn't stay here again. No way. Besides, the walk to the beach really isn't that close when you are schlepping all your beach gear along the same narrow path as everyone else.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
BeachmereSarah, Owner at The Beachmere Inn, responded to this review, 18 June 2010
Dear Guest -

Thank you for your comments on trip advisor. I'm pleased you enjoyed the location, gardens and amenities this unique location provided you. Many guests choose the garden suite as it has apartment features and is tucked away from the hustle of town.

As it has been over a year, I'm afraid I may not recall the exact details. However I clearly recall the situation that was occurring at this time last year. As you know, my mother and owner lives above the garden suite. She cares for her husband, Don, who has advanced Alzheimer's. She does not have a dog. Late last June we modified the bathroom to accommodate his decreasing mobility. Due to your room situation, we discovered a faulty installation that we did resolve, although it was more complicated that we would have liked. I know that the head housekeeper, my maintenance manager and the housekeeper all responded to this situation, as we felt awful that this had impacted your stay. That I did not respond to you personally, I apologize. Knowing my staff, I felt they would have attended to this situation and responded to you appropriately. Again, my apologies. We hope you find accommodations in Ogunquit that suit your vacation needs and that you enjoy our little village in the future. If you would like to speak to me further, please contact me at the Inn. Sarah Diment
New Hampshire
Reviewed 6 June 2010

The location is fantastic. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The employees were pleasant and helpful. Do yourself and your wife/husband a favor and book a vacation here. The local restaurants are great, tons of bars and beautiful scenery.
Can't wait to return

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
W Coxsackie
Reviewed 30 May 2010

My husband took me and my two sons - ages 11 & 15 - away for a long Mother's Day weekend. I have always wanted to stay here and my husband surprised me with a wonderful Mother's Day gift!! From the moment we arrived - I never wanted to leave. The view was spectacular - the suite was large - extremely clean and beautiful!! The location on the Marginal Way was perfect and you can walk to many, many shops and restaurants. I will never stay any place else in Ogunquit!! My dream of staying at this beautiful and very friendly Inn was perfect! The staff was the best!

Boston
Reviewed 16 May 2010

Currently ranked the top lodging choice in town according to TripAdvisor, it's hard to give praise that others haven't already done. But I have to just say -- WOW. This place has views to end all views. The majestic ocean is outside your door, with super easy access to get as close as you'd like.
For eco-travelers, it's a delightful find. Water- and energy-saving devices abound but not at the expense of luxury. Toiletries are all by the green/Natura brand. The biggest green coup was the Marginal Way -- a 1.5 mile path right in front of the property that takes you to Perkins Cove or the town center all without driving your car (and paying those outrageous parking fees in Perkins Cove).
During inclement weather, the Beachmere has a room that has both decent exercise equipment and a children's play area.
While it is not the most affordable option in town, it certainly is the most breathtaking. Enjoy!

2 Thank ExtraPickles