Recently had our first trip to the Dunes for our 25th Anniversary. While during the summer months it is probably not as quiet as it was 9/8 - 9/11 I wished I had known about it when my kids were little so I could experience that aspect also. However, for this trip, the Dunes was EXACTLY what we were hoping for. We rented a two bedroom cottage (though it was just my husaband and myself) so more than enough room. The four days we were there the weather ran from 45 at night to the last day at 85! Which made it the best of both worlds. We were able to take advantage of the fireplace at night, walk across the tidal river during low tide and take a rowboat over at high tide! The screened porch was perfect for the phenomenal lightning show the last night! We walked around the "compound" and sat at every available bench there was! Our cottage (#2) had a perfect view of the ocean and was only steps away from the dock to the rowboats. All the cabins are spaced far enough away from each other to ensure you have the privacy you need. The staff was excellent though to be honest, everything is taken care of so well, we never had any issues to handle and only had to see them to take out a rowboat! THOUGH, and this will be the clincher on how we felt about the Dunes and our stay, we were booked for Sunday to Wednesday, on Wednesday, (unknown to me) my husband stopped in at the office to see if our cottage was available that night and when they said yes he told them we were staying another night! Due to this, we took the rowboat out for another visit to the beach over the dunes and when we came back we had a bottle of champagne and special Dunes champagne glasses waiting for us in our cabin! Nice Touch Dunes Staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Picturesque Maine cottages, suites and guest rooms overlooking the Ogunquit Tidal River and Ogunquit Beach in southern Maine. Enjoy 12 scenic and private acres, dotted with Adirondack chairs, landscaped gardens, and an outdoor pool. Ogunquit's famous sandy beach is accessible by rowboat at high tide and on foot at low tide. Perfect for both families and romantic, relaxing getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Dunes on the Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dunes On The Waterfront Hotel Ogunquit
- The Dunes On Waterfront
- Dunes On The Waterfront Ogunquit
- The Dunes On The Waterfront Ogunquit, Maine