“very enjoyable”
Review of Captain's Quarters

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
Captain's Quarters
Ranked #29 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
Reviewed 21 July 2014

There were 4 of us, well 5 including the dog who stayed here at Captains Quarters. We were pleasantly surprised with our accommodations...Love the owners! Scott and Peter, are friendly, and hospitable! Love the location too. Just a small walk to town, and there are restaurants close by if you don't feel like trekking into town...the reason I gave it a 4 instead of a 5, was because it was a little cramped for all of us in 1 room...will definitely try for Suite 2 next time, as it's a little more spacious, and has a kitchen too, all for the same price! We would definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 July 2014

The accommodation is clean, comfortable, everything worked and the management are friendly. It is close to the road but even though there were road works causing traffic build up we were never aware of traffic noise indoors. The Lobster Pound across the road is great for dinner and the "Egg and "I cafe next door is good for breakfast if you don't want to cook. It's close to the beach although dogs are banned from the nearest beach in the summer months. There are other beaches within a short drive where dogs are allowed. There are good bars within walking distance although the town is about 20 min walk. Parking is limited in town too so walking is the best option.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank MontyPup
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Just spent the weekend in Ogunquit...was thrilled to find a room at the Captains Quarters as we were brining our dog and I didn't want to have to stay at the Econolodge. Everything was great -- we arrived a bit late due to traffic, but Scott was waiting for us. The room was clean, cozy and comfortable -- more modern and updated inside than I expected. Keurig and coffee in the room and tables & chairs outside made my morning coffee even better. About a 1/2 mile walk to town, which was perfect for us. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maureen322
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was the only pet friendly accommodation I could find in Ogunquit. The owners were very friendly and gave me lots of info about beaches I could take the dog. They also welcomed my feedback and responded quickly when we asked for anything.
It is a bit of a walk into town but The Lobster Pound restaurant is just across the road and there are a few restaurants within 1/2 a mile.

Room Tip: We had No 2 which had 2 bedrooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank MOWO
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Had the pleasure of staying at Captain's Quarters again this w/e. As usual the management went out of their way to accomadate us. When I informed the manager Peter that we were running late, he offered to check us in by phone and go to our room and leave the key waiting to speed us up. He even left a treat for our dog with the key!
As usual the room was immaculate and the beds and bedding superior. Comfortable tables have been set up outside for lounging and eating and the landscaping is meticulous. The Wifi which was spotty at our last visit is now dead on and perfect.
It should be noted that this is a pet friendly place that charges only $5 per night for your pet and contributes every penny to the Humane society. Compare that to the $75 fees at Hilton and Marriott properties and I doubt if any of those fees find their way out of corporate pockets.
Thanks again Peter for another great stay. We'll be back and now Rocky will be expecting his treat!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan B
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Nothing could have made this stay much better! Scott was outside to greet us upon our arrival before I was even out of the car, immediately making me feel the overwhelming sense of hospitality! Check in was quick & easy (at their other property just one minute down route 1) and then I was surprised to see that Peter showed us to our room! Within the first 5 minutes I felt like I was at home. The property is beautiful. We stayed in suite 5, which is a one bedroom suite with kitchen, living room, kitchen table & bedroom separate. I would imagine this would be even more perfect in the summer if you don't feel like going out after a long day at the beach, the kitchen is fully stocked with pots/pans/etc. Everything is spotless, you'd forget you're staying in a pet friendly hotel! We were able to take the trolley to Perkins Cove & enjoy a little cruise around since there is a trolley stop right behind the property. Also during our stay I had a massage at their other property (The Gazebo Inn, which I'm hoping to stay at soon!) which was amazing. Amber, my masseuse was so accommodating and made sure I was fully enjoying my massage. It was a relaxing weekend! Captain's Quarters is an awesome pet friendly place to stay, from the hospitality and extremely accommodating staff, to the updated modern rooms, to the convenient location. I can't wait to book another stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Abigail S
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Great place! We stayed in suite 2 which was two bedrooms with our two children. Beautifully decorated, very clean, incredibly friendly and the shower was amazing. About half a
Ike from the center of Ogunquit. Would definitely come back again.

Stayed: May 2014