“Wonderful Relaxing Stay”
Review of Sea Rose Suites

Sea Rose Suites
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I'm a food writer and I came to Ogunquit to attend a big restaurant event--I stayed the weekend at the Sea Rose Suites. I was so happy with the location, service, and the wonderful suite! The staff was very helpful and so friendly when I checked in. The location is perfect---I could walk to the center of town, Perkins Cove, and the beach easily---most of them just short walks, but there's a trolley as well. My suite was huge and immaculate and I loved the layout with a secluded bedroom upstairs and then downstairs the comfortable living and kitchen area, so bright and cheerful. It was one of the most restful nights of sleep I'd had in ages. Two flat screen TVs and a very comfortable space for working on my laptop, too. I just kept thinking, "I have to come back with more people and a longer stay because this place is perfect for a family vacation!" . Although there's something to be said for having the place to myself. ;-) I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RachelForresst
SeaRosesOGT, Owner at Sea Rose Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

We loved your wonderful, comprehensive review and want to thank you so much for taking the time to write it. We hope that you do return to stay with us again. Also, we have just purchased a beautiful seaside property just down the street and are in the process of bringing it up to the Sea Rose Suite standards. It is called the Marginal Way House on Wharf Lane and we think you will enjoy that as well as another stay at the Sea Rose. Thanks so much and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

So far this is our favorite family vacation place and we come to Sea Rose Suits at least once a year now. The place is very well maintained. Rooms, amenities and overall appearance are constantly updated so our experience has always been unique so far.

This year we went in October to enjoy the wonderful foliage. Conditions and service were excellent as usual and the staff was very accommodating.

We really love this place and are looking forward to coming back again.

Room Tip: Book directly. Staff is always accommodating.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

We thoroughly enjoyed your fabulous review and thank you so much for writing it for us. We look forward to your return visits and thank you again!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I arrived on Oct 29th to visit with my bff. I booked 2 suites for us as we like our own space. The front desk was super welcoming and very helpful. The suite was super clean and SO nice. The bed was very comfortable, slept like a baby. I had a flat screen in the living room and also in the bedroom, nice! Not a full kitchen in this suite but all I needed. Nice fridge, sink, microwave and a nice 2 burner hot plate. The utensils were high quality, not cheap stuff. The dishes and glassware were also nice quality and let me say again,,, very clean.
Since this was the end of season and many restaurants were closed or had limited hours the front desk guy who I assumed was one of the owners took plenty of time helping us on dinner choices. He was just as charming as could be.
All in all this is a great place and I will be back. My bff and I plan to book again in the spring.
Let me add that the location was also great. Kinda in the middle between Perkins Cove and the center of town. My only complaint is my ice cube tray was empty so my dinner cocktail was neat. LOL

Room Tip: Stayed in the Harbor House. Parking on site with check in on site and the indoor pool is on site...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank tucker0708
SeaRosesOGT, Owner at Sea Rose Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Wow, what a great review! Thank you SO much for taking the time to write such a glowing review for us. It sounds like you met James, our fabulous and amazing manager. He is sometimes on the desk at this time of year. He is the best and our guests all love him. :) We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Just for your future information, we do have a variety of suites with full kitchens, so if you do come back to see us (and we hope that you do) and you would like a full kitchen, be sure to mention it to our receptionist. We also have suites that are adjoining so that you and your friend could each enjoy your own space! Enjoy your winter and we hope that we see you again!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We had an upstairs 1 bdm at Harbor House, everything was immaculate & in good condition. Our friends had 1 bdm on lobby level, with area rugs & wood floors, very nicely decorated. Coffee in lobby was appreciated, the pools were open (but we didn't visit), parking was easy & location was PERFECT for walks into village or cove to stroll marginal way...reasonable rates off-season, highly recommended

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank linda l

We love the title of your review! "So Clean" is a huge compliment in the hotel business and we appreciate it when guests notice the hard work that goes into maintaining all of the rooms to that strict standard. Our head housekeeper, Debbie, is amazing and she and her staff are fully responsible for all of the accolades that we receive regarding the spotless condition of our suites! We encourage you to check out some of our other suites if your travels bring you back to Ogunquit. Enjoy your winter and thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

My family and I tried the Sea Rose Suites for the 1st time this past weekend. We have 2 teenagers so I wanted a place with a bit more space. I looked online and found Sea Rose Suites. We stayed in the River Terrace Townhouses. The pictures online were very accurate. 3 level townhouse with a large basement space with 2 queen beds, main level having small living/dining area, and a small kitchenette and full bath. Upstairs there is a loft area with a king bed and 1/2 bath. It was the perfect size for a family with teens. There was a patio area off of the main level and a deck off of the upstairs bedroom. The only thing with the deck and patio is that its not private at all. Both are very close to the rooms just across from each other, but if you don't mind that, it was nice to sit on the patio outside and enjoy a glass of wine before heading out to dinner. As far as location goes, it was perfect. Just a short walk to the center area with all the shops and several restaurants and in the other direction, just a short walk to perkins cove , which is a very scenic spot with more shops . There are no onsite restaurants, but Robertos is right next door and it was very good. I would stay at here again, no complaints, great place!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mittens10

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive, nice review of your stay at the Sea Rose Suites. We think that the River Terrace House was a great choice for your family with teenagers. It allows for the children to be somewhat autonomous and also gives the parents their own space. We do have suites with private balconies though and we encourage you to check them out if your travels bring you back to beautiful Ogunquit. Enjoy your winter and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We have been going to Ogunquit the past five years for our anniversary. Our first two years we stayed elsewhere, our third year we stayed at Sea Rose Suites and have been coming back ever since. The staff is always friendly, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the location is absolutely perfect. I love being able to walk to Perkins Cove, shop along Shore Rd and even the beach is within walking distance. If we don't feel like walking there is always the Trolley to ride around. Getting up in the morning and being able to make and enjoy breakfast in our room is a definite plus for us. Thank you Sea Rose for another wonderful anniversary weekend. We will see you next year!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

We are pretty honored that you continue to come to the Sea Rose Suites to celebrate your anniversary! We loved your review and thank you so much for taking the time to write it. Since you have been coming here for several years you probably already know that we have a large variety of suite layouts, and many guests have a favorite. We hope that your stay at the Sea Rose Suites made your anniversary just a little more special and we forward to your return! Enjoy the winter!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Well located, just a 10 minute walk to the downtown area. The accommodation was clean and spacious and was useful having a kitchen and dining area. We made use of the indoor pool also. Would recommend.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Sea Rose Suites. We are happy that you got to enjoy the indoor pool. It is a favorite of our guests at this time of year when the weather takes a turn toward cooler days and evenings. We hope that if your travels bring you back to beautiful Ogunquit that you will join us again!