“Comfortable Stay”

Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
Boston
“Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

My first time at Juniper but have spent many a summer in Ogunquit, For an Ogunquit hotel Juniper ranks right up there with some of the better ones. Junipers location is great, close to town, the beach, restaurants and shops. The grounds were very well kept along with the three pools and hot tubs. Juniper is an ideal place for the family especially having an indoor pool just in case the weather is cool or raining.

The staff seemed friendly, courteous and was helpful. Continental breakfast was included in the price of the room, just your average continental breakfast but good enough to hold you over if you’re not a big breakfast eater. Juniper has Free wi-fi and it worked very well in the rooms. You also have use of a computer in the lobby if you need one.

The rooms were spot less, had some modern features and some older features such as a tube TV in which means nothing at all to us. Everything worked just fine and the room was very comfortable.

My Grandkids spent some time at the indoor pool along with spending a few days on the beach, they always enjoy an indoor pool for a late night swim.

The overall stay was good, have no complaints, while some might like an ocean view you will not find it here but again it means nothing to us since we are in Ogunquit all summer long.

I would put Juniper on my list of highly recommended places to stay, I also found the price to be a bit better then average.

The only one draw back I found is NO senior citizen discount unless you belong to AARP, well if you knew me you would know I would never belong to this organization, that said, I feel they Highly Discriminate against Seniors.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the Main Building.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TheDiceMan

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
North Conway, NH
Reviewed 22 June 2012

My wife and I stayed here recently for a brief getaway.. The Inn is very close to town, just a 5 minute walk, and also close to several beaches. Across the street is a fine restaurant, Bintliffs, for breakfast, lunch or dinner, another restaurant and a new irish pub opening this month I believe. The staff was friendly and courtious and helpful. Continential breakfast was included in the very reasonable price and was very good. Free wifi and several newspapers provided. Rooms were clean and neat, well worth the money and close to everything. Pool was clean and well maintained. Has one indoor and one outdoor pool. Will go back again.

1 Thank boru77
Irmo, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 June 2012

The was a smell of urine(?) outside of the bathroom. It was like someone "went" on the floor. I asked the front desk to look into it. They told me that it was coming from the AC unit and that they had the maintenance man man clean it. It didn't seem to do any good. After that, the urine smell was still there and a cheap perfume smell was added to it. If there really was a problem with the AC unit, the maintenance done to it should have removed the smell. Next time, I won't be staying at the Juniper Hill Inn.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank modelcarguy55
JHIMgr, General Manager at Juniper Hill Inn, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Thank you for choosing the Juniper Hill Inn. Thank you as well for taking the time to share your thoughts on tripadvisor.com. We welcome all feedback as it helps us to monitor and improve our product and service.

I was disappointed to read that we fell short of your expectations. I apologize and assure you that the experience you described is not up to our standard. We take great pride in the cleanliness and maintenance of our rooms. We are investigating your feedback, and we will address any deficiencies we may find. Guest satisfaction is of the upmost importance to us. I hope this experience will not prevent you from staying with us in the future, and I encourage you to contact me directly to discuss any concerns you may have.

Thank you again for choosing the Juniper Hill Inn.
Boonton, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Really enjoyed our stay, have gone twice. Rooms are clean & comfortable. Nice indoor pool and jacuzzi for cooler weather, also outdoor pool & hot tub for warmer season. Loved the proximity to walk downtown to all the restaurants & shops. Liked the ease of coming and going, my husband prefers that over B&B's. Very nice walking paths to beach locations too. Will stay again, price was very fair. Staff very friendly. continental breakfast in clubhouse was nice and convenient for the day we left.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RobinK86
Toronto, ON
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This hotel has always been our "go to" place when visiting this part of Maine. The rooms are cozy, clean and have all of the amenities that we need to be comfortable, including a continental breakfast at a reasonable rate. It is ideally located within walking distance of downtown Ogunquit and near numerous restaurants and local shops. As we like to shop both in nearby Portland as well as the outlet mall in Kittery and nearby towns of Portsmouth & York, it's a central location for us to stay at. The staff is always warm and friendly and will provide helpful suggestions if needed. The only reason that we did not give them an "Excellent" rating is that the temperature of their pool is always too cold for our comfort and could be heated more. However, other than that, no complaints at all. We'll be back there for sure on our next visit to lower Maine.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are a little quieter.
2 Thank TimandCarol
Ludlow, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I can't think of a single bad thing to say about the Juniper Hill. We have stayed there numerous times and I still can't help but be floored by the beauty of the property. It's a short walk down the path to the beach, surrounded by outsatanding restaraunts, and just up the hill from the center of Oqunquit.
Prices are fair, rooms are always spotless, staff is very friendly, and we always meet the nicest people who are staying there.
If you get a chance to visit "Downeast" Maine, do yourself a favor and stay at the Juniper Hill. You won't be disappointed

2 Thank bt1sw2000
Skaneateles, NY
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I have visiting Ogunquit for over 45 years. We have stayed at dozens of different places over the years and this one ranks near the top. I love the location- short walk to downtown restaurants, and a pleasant walk to the beach (about a 10 minute walk). The property is well landscaped with lovely seating areas throughout. There are 3 pools (two outdoor and one indoor) and two hot tubs. Although the pools are old, they are well maintained. There is a decent work-out room and a small gameroom. Rooms are updated and super clean. Carpets and floor tile were new in our room in the motel section. We had a flat screened tv and newer furniture. There was a large counter and sink just outside the bathoom with a small refrigerator. The shower was very nice, love the showerhead. There are two chairs outside each room. Wish there was a table between them for drinks and snacks. They include a contintental breakfast each morning. Everything was very good quality, great donuts and New England coffee. Bagels are fruit were also good. My only complaint about the breakfast was that it was all carbs and no protein. Adding hard boiled eggs or lowfat yogurt would be perfect. Check-in and check-out was easy and friendly. All the staff say "hello" and seem to enjoy working here. I would definitely stay at Juniper Hill again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family