“Top-Notch Service,Relaxation, & Convenience at The Juniper Hill Inn.”
Review of Juniper Hill Inn

Juniper Hill Inn
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
boston
“Top-Notch Service,Relaxation, & Convenience at The Juniper Hill Inn.”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I myself work in the hotel hospitality business for a 5 Star-5 Diamond Hotel in Boston. We recently stayed for our first time in Ogunquit at The Juniper Hill Inn. Check In was professional and all smiles from their front desk staff. Complimentary coffee, juice, and fruit snacks easily available. Our room was a standard room located directly across from the two clean outdoor pools. Spacious rooms with flat screen tv, microwave, vanity sink and mirror, main bathroom spacious as well. Very Clean! We visited the indoor pool and relaxed on one of many top quality lounge chairs as our two teen's swam.Very Clean! Just the layout with additional outside hidden lounging area behind the indoor pool provides a quiet place to read or just relax in the Crispy clean Maine air. Each morning, we enjoyed the complimentary Extended Continental Breakfast. Friendly - all smiles staff replenished food and drink as needed. Oatmeal, fruit, breads, ect. Your room key is your "Pass-card" into any area within The Inn. Without it, you can't excess anywhere around the property. I like this knowing only Inn guest are within The JuniperHill Inn Property. Plenty of free parking directly in front of our room too. I do recommend you bring along a wagon or beach cart as you will walk 10 minutes toward the beach. Its a relaxing walk too. Don't forget an inflatable tire tube for the beach. As low-tide arrives, The inner beach river channel becomes a lazy river with Life Guards providing safety for all. Juniper Hill Inn is minutes from downtown Ogunquit shops & restaurants. Only 2 miles away fro a CVS or Hannifords Food Store. 6 miles away from York Beach, Maine. So much to do and so much to experience! We look forward to returning to The Juniper Hill Inn Soon !

Room Tip: Any room is good. Any room closest to the outdoor pool as the Beach path starts there.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Ogunquit beach fans need easy access to the beach, no one wants to pay $25 to park or walk with all your beach needs. Juniper Hill has a path to the beach and can be set up in about 20 minutes.

This hotel may not be in the middle of town (like say the Anchorage) but no problem walking to town.

Main building lacks a balcony but does tend to be quieter. We had room 222, corner room, no one on one side and no one above. We also stayed in the Perkins building, the a/c does tend to be a bit noisy and since the rooms adjoin I heard the TV in the neighboring room.

The staff was great, we wanted to stay one more night and we could but had to move rooms. We were notified by cell phone our new room was ready by 12:30pm.

Two outdoor heated pools and one indoor pool. I couldn't handle the breakfast unless I wanted a sugar laden meal. Cold cereal, sweetened oatmeal, muffins, etc.

This rates a five for location to beach, cleaniness, helpfulness of staff. I talked to one guest who has been staying here for 18 years, I could understand why.

Room Tip: Second floors are best.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank eonny
Cohoes, New York
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I have stayed here nearly every time I have visited Ogunquit. It's a great location in town and the rooms are clean and well kept. Have seen the same staff here for years. Close to town and easy walk to the beach. Have tried a few other places in Ogunquit but have always come back. Nice rooms for a family of four with 2 queen beds. Hint: ask for a room in the main building. The free breakfast is a bonus!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lhogan
saratoga springs, ny
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My husband and I spent a week at the Juniper Hill Inn at the end of June and had a wonderful time. The room was immaculate and it was within close walking distance to the beach and downtown. The staff was friendly and answered any questions we had. Breakfast (bagels/muffins,cereal) along with coffee was available in the morning. When we return, we will definitely stay there again. It was great!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank marra10jp
North Conway, NH
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Returned to this Inn again this summer for the July 4th week. Still a good deal and in a great location, only a 5 minute walk to town and about a 10 minute walk to the beach. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are good sized and well maintained, as is the entire property. They have two small outdoor pools and a whirlpool. They also have an indoor pool which is well kept. Includes a free continental breakfast consisting of cold cereals, bagels, toast, donuts, oatmeal, coffee and orange juice and several fruits. A good place to stay, reasonably priced, well maintained, close to all attractions, and a personable and efficient staff. I would recommend this Inn to friends for a good place to stay in Ogunquit.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building are very nice and quiet, ac units do not keep you up at night. have not...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank boru77
Berkley, MA
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We had a section of the hotel that was recently renovated - very nice! The Jacuzzi (outside) was very small but since no one else was interested on a cloudy day, it was perfect for me and my 2 girlfriends who were there for a girls' weekend. There were 2 outdoor pools, both heated though we did not go in. Continental breakfast was adequate, but a waffle bar would have been a nice addition. Not a lot of dining space inside so we ate out by the pool. Nice paved path behind the hotel through the woods leading to some side streets and eventually to the beach. The hotel is perfectly situated near the main street and shops. Was surprised trolly stopped at 8 p.m. so we walked up the street from Perkins Cove but it was a beautiful night. Marginal Way was so incredibly beautiful, an absolute MUST! Also very good is the rum punch at Barnacle Billy's.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank StonehillGirl
Newton, MA
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I use to come here when my son was a little guy. Now that he's all grown up I have rediscovered it again. I come up here every free weekend I can -- alone! And I love it because it is a perfect location. 10 minutes to the beach not even five minutes to town. I feel perfectly safe here and the staff are really nice people; very friendly and helpful.
I know there are many fancy places to choose from up here but I wouldn't swap any of those places for this gem. The price is right and it just feels right. I love it there and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: I like the second floor because it is quiet with no one overhead. Ask for renovated room -- doesn...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo