“My family is returning in 2 weeks!”
Review of Juniper Hill Inn

Juniper Hill Inn
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Enjoyed a 2 night stay with my daughter,son-in-law and grandson. We parked our car and walked everywhere for several days. We felt less guilty about all the wonderful seafood we consumed while there. My grandson had a ball in both the in and outdoor pools. The room was perfect for our needs. We were in the main building and never experienced any noise problems. After all the walking and the salt air we slept well. The continental breakfast they offer was perfect for our needs.My grandson declared the bagels the best he ever had.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We've been staying at Juniper Hill for over thirty years, and it always satisfies. This time we reserved late and had to stay on the second floor -- a little difficult for us old-timers, but they provided us with help for our bags. Rooms always spotless and comfortable. Grounds are just beautiful and so well kept. Several nice little peaceful patios to get away from the crazy summer crowds. We stayed in mid-August so breakfast room was a bit chaotic and busy but the decor is so beautiful -- great way to start the day. Love this place!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I began to worry before arriving that I'd selected a less than perfect hotel for our long weekend in Maine. But, for a girl's weekend away, it was perfect. We didn't spend much time there so we didn't need high luxury. I was very impressed. The staff were so friendly, the room was clean, beds were comfy. (I wouldn't mind if the pillows were a better quality next time)

Hotel was perfectly located for some good exercise for walking to and from the shops/restaurants. We hardly took the car anywhere in Ogunquit that we wanted to go! I would definitely stay again because the prices were reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

No, it's not a quaint b&b on the ocean. No, it's not a five star resort nor is it luxury. But I knew that when I booked it.

Its a family friendly higher class motel and, although people complain about the rates, I thought it was reasonable for mid August. Its only a short ten minute walk from the beach through a path and a street. Also very close to all the restaurants in the area (take a left). The staff was also extremely friendly and caring and I appreciated that.

Rooms are clean and quiet and lots of grasshoppers hanging about (outside). I am enjoying my last minute stay here. I am relaxed, sipping on a maine porter (yum) and just letting all my cares sail away. Sometimes its not all about being pampered. A clean room, friendly staff and great location is all you need. And really...last minute ya cant beat it. Enjoy.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Steven H
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Please don't think our experience was a bad one at the Juniper Hill Inn. The staff could not have been nicer, the rooms, although basic, were clean and comfortable and the location makes for an east walk downtown. I just thought it would be more of an Inn and less of a motel.

The Juniper offers a breakfast spread that is pretty much bagels, toast, juice and coffee. Eggs and bacon would have been nice. They did have some pastries I think - I ate elsewhere as I need protein in the morning.

Very good proximity to the beach, a 5-7 minute walk. I should not that most of the places in Ogunquit are within a 5 minute walk to the beach.

I know I mentioned the staff, they were all very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Ronald H
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Juniper Inn this past week. We were supposed to stay 2 nights but our plans changed and we only stayed one, thankfully. There is zero soundproofing between the rooms. We were in the building with the main office. The indoor pool was right down the hall, which the kids did enjoy. The breakfast offerings were lackluster for a resort this size. For the amount we paid (almost $300), there are much better options out there.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank colexis_mom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

... there's not much going for this place so don't leave it as late as I did to find a hotel in peak season Ogunquit. It's sprawling and impersonal, poorly soundproofed and our room was in desperate need of updating. Breakfast room was ridiculously small for a hotel this size and only offering 2% milk will do this nation's waistlines no good.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family