We have been coming to Ogunquit for many years and have stayed at Seacastles a few times before and also at many other locations in Ogunquit. We chose Seacastles this year because they seemed to have the best price for a suite with separate a bedroom.
-As soon as we entered the room we realised the small savings was not worth it!! The room smelled horrible - like an old refrigerator that had been left unplugged.
-The furniture and carpets were so outdated looking that the idea of sitting down and relaxing in our living area was just not an option - luckiy the weather was great so we could lounge outside.
-The indoor pool is the most disgusting mold den I've ever seen - you couldn't find a worse pool in the dingiest 49.00 / night motel on the side of the highway.
-I spent my entire vacation in agony with back pains because the bed and pillows were so awful and uncomfortable that I couldn't sleep and my lower back was in constant spasms.
-The carpet to the stairs was pulling up at the front door entry - the carpet tack strip was exposed and I nearly tore my foot open on it twice.
-The AC units which must have been installed in 1984, have two speeds off and super ice blast - and they blow right on the bed. So we elected to not have AC instead of freezing to death. And they also sounded like a tractor trailer the humming noise they made was so loud.
-The bathrooms were just gross.
We stayed 3 nights after having spent a night at the Anchorage across the street. It was like night and day - we will never go back to Seacastles. Its a great location in our favorite spot in Ogunquit, but it is time for a serious overhaul and renovation to bring it up to par with its location and price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All Suite Hotel Located In The Heart Of Ogunquit On Shore Road. Studios, 1 Bedroom, Loft & Penthouse Units All With Full Or Partial Kitchens. Indoor Pool/Whirlpool. Seasonal Outdoor Hot Tub & Gas Grills. Guest Laundry Facilities. Internet In Office. Open Year Round. Off-Season Packages Including Accommodations, Brunch & Dinner. Trolley Stop. Close To Beach & All Other Local Activities. Office Hours 7am-11pm Daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Seacastles Resort Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seacastles Hotel Ogunquit
- Seacastles Resort Inn And Suites Ogunquit, Maine