Seacastles Resort Inn and Suites
The Grand Hotel(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
US$93
Juniper Hill Inn(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
US$102
Orbitz.com
Sea Rose Suites(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$97
US$141
US$137
Meadowmere Resort(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
US$124
Stage Run by the Sea(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$217
US$192
Norseman Resort(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
US$261
US$106
TripAdvisor
All reviewsoff seasonmarginal wayindoor poolsea castledowntown shopping and restaurantsholiday shoppinglarge room with kitchenetteexcellent locationperkins coveclose walking distance to the beachhotel of choicefolding chairsfacing the seafull kitchentime sharecoffee makerhave stayed here many times
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2009

A charming and well located place to stay. Located along Marginal Way, without the ocean views or the higher prices of other hotels. When looking for an overnight place to stay the most important things are that it must be clean and comfortable. I'm not looking to spend my valued time holed up inside a hotel, but when I finish my day and half into the night I would like to get a decent nights sleep. Unless noises like running water, closing doors,voices and heavy footsteps are your preference for relaxation. The walls seemed to be more insulated after the first night with extra help with eighty proof ear plugs.

1  Thank westmontduo
Reviewed 8 October 2009

The hotel was clean and adequate. It has a great location- across the entrance to the Marginal Way, 6 minute walk to the public beach, 5 minute walk to town and the movie theatre.

The staff person that was at the desk when we arrived apparently did not like people. She was abrupt and cold. But, luckily we did not have many dealings with her.

The room was clean but could use some updates and minor repairs. The weatherstripping around the door was loose and the door jam was 'off' a touch so the door did not close tightly. The bed was much too soft for us and when we called the desk to ask about a backboard or something similar we were answered quite abruptly that they did not have one. The spare blanket that was in the closet should have been replaced long ago due to excessive wear.

The room was a large studio-style with a very functional kitchenette. There was a table with 2 chairs, a fridge, stove/oven, microwave as well as the dishes and pots/pans for cooking...not that I wanted to cook while on a 4-day vacation, but the option was there. The bathroom was certainly big enough but basic.

A plus was that our room was close to the indoor heated pool/jacuzzi so we made good use of that. Had the weather been more accommodating, we would have gotten some use out of our little deck with the outdoor furniture.

Overall, the price was right, the location great.

1  Thank JennyR_9
Reviewed 2 October 2009

Well it's Oct. I'm in Maine and I'm at Seacastles Resort so I'm happy.
the resort is as beautiful as ever and Ken and the entire staff go out of their way to make you happy. Our room was clean I luv the newspaper daily at my door. We can walk to everything including the beach. The fact is for the money this is the best value around.
I don't know if the other resorts have a enclosed pool and spa but this one does, VERY NICE.
And now new this yr free internet

i

Reviewed 30 September 2009

We normally stay at the Grand Hotel .. this time we changed to Seacastles.. what a mistake.. the room smelt moldy, rug was dirty, out dated furniture.. microwave on a plastic white shelve..couldn't sleep because people walking in the room above us, the floor creaked so much. When taking a shower the water went from real hot to cold, plus the noise woke everyone up. At lest one point never had to guess if you're friends were up.. everyone knew when you turned on the shower. Then to add to mistake, we paid more to have a balcony, what a waste on money.. the balcony let you sit in the parking lot.. I can only say one positive thing about the hotel.. location across from Marginal Way.. next time I'll walk ..

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Girlct
Reviewed 25 September 2009

The resort is very out-dated. The furniture, appliances, and TVs haven't been upgraded in many years. The air conditioner was extremely noisy. The beds are terrible, I tossed and turned all 6 nights I stayed there. There was black mold on the tub/shower insert and on the walls near the ceiling in the bathroom. The staff is very friendly, although the maids only change the sheets and make the beds once a week, since I was staying with an owner.

On the upside. The pool, whirlpool and hot tub were great. The location is very good. It's not on the ocean, but that's ok because the water is freezing anyway, and it's close to lots of shops and restaurants. I could walk everywhere which is good because the traffic was very busy.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple