“Another Fantastically Awesome stay”
Review of The Black Boar Inn

and 1 more site!
The Black Boar Inn
Ranked #10 of 26 Ogunquit B&B and Inns
“Another Fantastically Awesome stay”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I love going to Ogunquit,ME......And I always love staying at the Black Boar Inn.And this previous visit did not disappoint.John and Dwain(the owners)truly know how to run a B&B.A very hospitable,relaxing,and inviting atmosphere they supply at the Black Boar Inn.Really is just a really neat place to stay.I travel for a living and if all the places I stay,this is my favorite.I highly recommend staying at the Black Boar Inn when staying in Ogunquit or just to check it out and to get away from everyday life.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank bcooper1978
John J, Owner at The Black Boar Inn, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Brandon, it was so great to host you for a second time. Please let us know when you will be coming back this way...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Lake Placid, New York
Reviewed 26 May 2014

a marvelous relaxing atmosphere for our family get together. owners john and dwain amazing hosts! beautiful, clean comfortable rooms, delicious food. we will be back!!! kitty nardiello… lake placid ny

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
John J, Owner at The Black Boar Inn, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Kitty, it was great getting to know your family and we look forward to seeing the clan again here very soon. Let us know when you are in town next...
LaGrangeville, New York
Reviewed 20 May 2014

If you are looking for a place to stay in Ogunquit, Maine, look no further than The Black Boar Inn. It was a girls weekend away for my mom, sister and I and we were not disappointed. It is centrally located on Main Street and is in walking distance to shops, restaurants and the beach. The innkeepers, John and Dwain, are very welcoming and always have a smile on their faces. Breakfast is served each morning and it was always delicious and the portions are generous. They put out afternoon treats as well! We stayed in the Duchess Anne Suite which had an extra room with a daybed. The room was beautiful and comfortable.

We highly recommend The Black Boar Inn!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
John J, Owner at The Black Boar Inn, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Jennifer - thanks for picking BBI for your girls getaway. Hopefully you can make this an annual outing back here to the sea!
Methuen, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My wife and I wound up staying at Black Boar Inn last week as part of a quilters' retreat run by a local sewing & quilting emporium. The retreat sold out quickly and my wife secured the last room. She asked me if I was interested in tagging along. Since I work remotely anyway, as long as I have good WiFi available I'm in business...and it's hard to pass up a trip to Ogunquit.

Let me tell you, I'm glad I came...because if I hadn't, I never would have found this place. From the moment we walked in the front door we both felt right at home. Dwain and John, the owners since last Fall, are two of the kindest, sweetest people I've met in a long time. Despite having no prior experience in inn keeping, they clearly are naturals. The place was immaculate, which was no small task to maintain with the joint overrun by a gaggle of mad quilters. Breakfast each morning was the bomb. There are several good places for breakfast in Ogunquit but I'd take this any day. For special events such as the quilters' retreat the owners often include dinner in the package. Rest assured that no one went away dissatisfied. I have my favorite spots in the area and I happily missed visiting them as I gobbled up anything and everything Dwain put before us.

We've already booked our next visit...the development where we live procures group rates at the Ogunquit Playhouse and many residents book an overnight or two-day stay at a B&B or motel. We certainly will recommend this charming spot to our neighbors -- well, some of them at least!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
John J, Owner at The Black Boar Inn, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you so much Mason for the great conversation and camaraderie during this special event weekend. We hope to see you again this year!
Lexington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Been meaning to write this for some time! Visited the hosts Dwain and John this past weekend as we were passing thru town. Invited us in for coffee. Simply the nicest hosts around. We stayed here for Christmas By The Sea Weekend this past December. 3 of us in the family and two friends stayed here. This is a lovely, charming, old home with lots of character. The hosts were so warm and friendly and the breakfasts and snacks were delicious (pineapple bread pudding, pancakes, eggs benedict, cookies, brownies, coffee, tea, hot chocolate) all served by a fire. There is a hearth in the kitchen where they bake bread. A nice gathering spot for the hosts and guests. The house was decorated for the holidays and it snowed that weekend so it truly was a winter wonderland. They are in the center of town, walking distance to everything. We had a large room with an additional small back bedroom for our little one. They welcome behaved guests of all ages. There is also a living room with a fireplace. Another great gathering spot. We felt so at home here. I can't tell you enough how friendly and genuine the hosts are. LIke seeing old friends. We have already made plans to stay in the Summer, Fall and of course, for Christmas By The Sea Weekend. Summer is approaching. Can hardly wait to see the gardens in bloom.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ken M
John J, Owner at The Black Boar Inn, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Ken, it was great seeing you again here in Ogunquit and we look forward to your other visits here at Black Boar in the coming months!
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed 18 May 2014

A good friend was visiting from Seattle and I wanted her to see New England at it's best. There are lots of Bed and Breakfasts in old homes in New England, but very few get it right. John and Dwain do an exceptional job at getting it right! My west coast friend had never stayed in an historic home like this, and the wide plank floors and fireplaces really took us to another time. Dwain and John filled the house with antique peices to set the mood and lovingly showed us the unique details of our room (original wooden shutters that are hidden in the wall and slide out to cover the window if you want to sleep in). When we wanted to meet a friend for a drink in town, they recommended the perfect spot which was only steps away because the Black Boar is right in town. The beach is only steps away, too, of course, so we could walk for miles along the ocean if we wanted to. Beautiful! I will be going back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
John J, Owner at The Black Boar Inn, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Amy, it was our pleasure to give you and your friend from the West Coast a true East Coast Inn experience. We look forward to seeing you again here in Ogunquit!
Niantic, Connecticut
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

The owners are lovely and make the beautiful inn and welcoming town even more charming. The gourmet breakfast and an easy walk to the beach and marginal way will start your day off right. We loved our quaint, private room with a view of the beautiful front gardens. We highly recommend the Black Boar Inn!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
John J, Owner at The Black Boar Inn, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thanks again for your kind words. Let us know when you will be travelling back this way and we will have a room ready for you!