“High priced resort lacks personal charm”
Review of Cliff House Spa - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cliff House Spa
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We just returned from a three night stay in a Spa suite. Our room was lovely, the ocean view spectacular. However, I cannot help but compare our experience with a comparably priced stay at Mohonk Mountain House, which has not only the warmth and charm (and 3 meals plus afternoon tea included!) that Cliff House lacks, but also offers so much more value for your money. At $315 a night, we got the Cliff Spa suite & view we expected, but, annoyingly, there was an extra $10 per day for internet service. Petty. Continental breakfast was listed for $13 per person. We ate full breakfasts out for less. Tiny soaps and small, rough bath towels that did not fit around a medium sized person. I cannot speak for the spa services, as we did not use them. Front desk personnel were courteous as they told us where to find luggage carts and elevators. However, in a class resort someone should be assigned to take guests' luggage upstairs for them, not merely ask whether or not we needed help. (We managed on our own.) Small things...maybe...but they make a difference in deciding whether or not you want to return to a place again and again. In retrospect, Cliff House has a lot to learn about making guests comfortable and welcome.

Reviewed 6 September 2012

I can't say anything about the Spa nor the rooms here, but I can tell you the place is beautiful, and the scenery from all rooms (from what we're told) is spectacular! Next time we go to Maine and visit Ogunquit, we will stay here!

Reviewed 5 September 2012

The spa was fabulous. I treated myself to the works, massage, facial, manicure and pedicure. Each of the staff treated me like I was their only client for the day. Definitely worth it.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

The Cliff House is set outside Ogunquit Maine on breathtaking cliffs with magnificent waves crashing on the shore. Too bad this Spa is not breathtaking too. Just ordinary, massages were OK prices were high for what you received

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 August 2012

The Cliff House Resort and Spa is my version of all things elegant, spotless, and a host of other adjectives I could not imagine would fit on this page. The staff - especially Orington, at the front desk - is always ready to assist, care for your needs, give great recommendations and directions to places of interest. This is one resort I have, years ago, visited, but now it speaks volumes of the upkeep, the cleanliness, and the pure and sublime beauty they take pride in. I will be staying more often, now that my stay proved to be so much more than I could have imagined.