“Excellent accommodations and helpful staff.”

The Sparhawk Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
Reviewed 23 April 2009

I located the Sparhawk through the Tripadvisor website, but was concerned about some comments related to the staff/management. I took a chance and am so glad I did.
The location (within walking distance of the heart of the village and directly on the ocean) is top notch! The front desk staff were all friendly and very helpful when I asked about dinner recommendations. I forgot my purse at the restaurant and they made the call to arrange for it's return even though the restaurant wasn't open in the morning. The room was clean and spacious. Even though the resort had only been open a few days after the winter break, everything was up and running. There was plenty of variety and a lovely dining area for the continental breakfast. Outstanding value!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank C0nnie123

Reviewed 10 February 2009

There is no denying the physical beauty of The Sparhawk Resort and it´s superb location in Ogunquit. But I unfortunately must agree with those who have written about the behavior of the management of this resort. Their unpleasant attitude is quite a disconnect from the outward appearance of the grounds. I do not require excessive friendliness or an overly-eager attitude to please when it comes to customer service - but an unpleasant, disagreeable attitude that borders on the belligerent is simply not what I or anyone else should get as paying guests. I´m happy to hear the majority of the reviewers had such positive experiences at this place. To the others who wrote less-than-flattering remarks, I know exactly what you´re talking about (!). Hopefully, the proprietor(s) will take notice of this problem and make the necessary changes to their management.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Volkolas
Reviewed 30 November 2008

When we made reservations at the Sparhawk Resort we know nothing about this facility.

Upon arriving our first impression was that the grounds were immaculately groomed, We were greeted with genuine friendliness by the staff. The morning breakfast was more than ample. The location of the resort allows for easy access to most areas in Ogunquit. Everything was clean and well maintained. Overall our 3 nights at the Sparhawk were just wonderful.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Randm50
Reviewed 29 July 2008

The Sparhawk is a nice resort overlooking the ocean.
We have for the past few years stayed at another resort nearby ,but have wanted to try the Sparhawk. I can't say enough how helpful and friendly everyone was. The breakfast was fine and plentiful. The rooms were recently renovated, I would prefer another room up a level or more spacious for the 3 of us, but for the first visit I was happy to get a reservation. The weather was not the best, but we made the most of it.

I traveled with my parents who enjoyed the view, the flowers,and the friendly nature of everyone there. You are right on the Marginal Way! They couldn't do enough for us, especially my mother who is disabled. I can see where people have been staying there for years and we hope to become annual vistors.

Carol, Renee, Ron and Ashley were great! Ready to give a dinner suggestion and asking if our room was okay. We had a wonderful experience and I hope people give it a chance and not be discouraged by negative comments. They are pretty booked, so this speak volumes.

I travel extensively and can say this was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank jamm-64
Reviewed 13 July 2008

I stayed in this motel with my family for 4 nights. I'm not sure if I had the typical experience because we stayed in the Little White House which is an absolutely lovely 2 bedroom, 2 bath cottage at the Sparhawk. My uncle, who we stayed with, has been going to the Sparhawk for 24 years and absolutely loves it. The location is fantastic.... overlooking the water and walking distance to everything. We walked either the marginal way or Ogunquit beach every night... it was SO beautiful,

A nice continental breakfast is served every morning. Staff is friendly and helpful. Of the three places I've stayed at in Ogunquit I would defintely say that the Sparhawk is the one I enjoyed the most.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank MerrimackMrs
Reviewed 12 July 2008

We stayed in Room Number 6 - right on the water. What a view! The hotel is a short walk from downtown Ogunquit. The grounds are very well kept and the room was clean and comfortable with a nice balcony and two easy chairs in front of a picture window for colder days. We walked on the Marginal Way - right next to the hotel - a very pleasant experience. Prices go up in late June and we just beat the high season price by being there on June 18 & 19th.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank William D
Reviewed 15 October 2007

For the past four years my wife and I have traveled to the beautiful place by the sea, Oguquit Maine for our fall vacation the first week of October. We always stay at the Sparhawk Oceanfront Resort and have already made our advance reservations for the same week in 2008. There are many fine places to stay in Ogunquit; however the devoted staff truly has made the Sparhawk our home away from home. The staff is friendly and exremely efficient. The daily maid service is excellent as our room was spotless throughout our entire stay. The grounds and landscaping at the Sparhawk are breathtaking. The added fall decorations of pumpkins, gourds and corn stalks enhanced its charm. The Marginal Way walking path along the cliffs starts at the Sparhawk and winds its way for about a mile to Perkins Cove a small seaport wher you can watch the lobstermen bring in their morning catch. The continental breakfast is always fresh and plentiful and provides a great way to see the sunrise and start your day. The town of Ogunquit is very quaint and has many small shops and eateries to enjoy. The Village Market has great food and one of the best clam chowders in the area. The Sparhawk is located right on the Atlantic Ocean and the Ogunquit River. The changing high and low tides are a sight to see. Our room was on the top floor ocean front with the sea wall and waves only a few feet away. The sound of the ocean is so calming and right off our balcony. Ogunquit and the adjacent town of Wells have many fine restaurants. We especially enjoy Billy's Chowder House, Mike's Clam Shack and 98 Provence on Shore Road. We sincerely thank the Owners and fine staff of the Sparhawk Resort for a wondreful vacation these past four years and look forward to our visit in 2008.

6  Thank wburg