“Wonderful weekend”
Review of Sea View Motel

Sea View Motel
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Friends and I have been staying at the Sea View for over 15 years now, and I have to say that this was one of the best experiences we have had there so far. The rooms have had wonderful updates, such as new super comfortable beds, with classic new bedding and furniture. All the staff were so friendly and accommodating. We really got the chance to enjoy our time around the clean and private pool and hot tub area this year. And you couldn't ask for a more convenient location. It's a short walk to the center of town and beach. The Ogunquit Trolley bus stop is practically right out in front of the hotel, which is great when we need a quick ride to a further location. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great place to stay. I've always loved it there, but now I love it even more.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 May 2012

The recieptionist could not have been any more accomodating in making the reservation. I needed an early wake-up call and did not want to disturb any other guests, so she put us in an end room. Since it was off season, she proceeded to give my wife a later check out time which was greatly appreciated.

Room Tip: We have been here before. All rooms we have been in are good.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2012

The improvements Sea View owners and managers have made really are making a difference! The best one so far is the new mattresses. Heavenly!! The addition of the microwave, fridge and the new air conditioner certainly helps, too, along with the improved showerhead and shower rod in the bathroom!
I wouldn't have thought the old rooms could be updated without tearing everything out and starting over but these improvements work for me!
Now I think the only thing that really needs tweeking is the clothes hanging rack. Much too dated for the really great modernization being done!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2012

About 10 years ago a friend recommended the Seaview...having never stayed in Ogunquit before I took their word....this place is the ideal location...just far enough away from the center of town but close enough to walk...how perfect....You never have to take your car....the motel is clean and quiet...a lot of families...the staff is so accomodating.....I love it there...we now go every summer and I would'nt change....this same friend has tried different places in Ogunquit and always goes back to Seaview. You won't be dissapointed. I would not hesitate to recommend this motel.

Room Tip: I personally like the rooms on the bottom level only because its easier than carrying your luggage u...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Friendly staff, rooms are clean and large, and there is a nice little continental breakfast in the morning. If you bring your earplugs, you should have no trouble, but without them you will hear the guests in the room above you walking around and the road noise. Either could have been muffled with earplugs, but we didn't have any. Ask for the top floor to avoid the noise above you - I don't think there is anything the hotel can do about it. The person above us was up before sunrise waliking around for two hours, so we just kept laying there hoping he/she would finally leave. Note that there is limited to no cell service in this town, but this motel offers you free long distance calling and free wireless internet.

Room Tip: Choose top floor so you don't hear folks above you.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My husband and I were thrilled to be able to book a room in Ogunquit for a Saturday night in August at the last minute. Most places had no vacancies or didn't allow anything less than a 2-night stay. We were very happy with our short visit at The Sea View (I couldn't actually see the sea, FYI). It's about a 10-15 minute (brisk) walk along busy Rt 1 to the center of town & the beach, but there is a very conveniently located trolley stop directly in front of the motel. Our room was spacious. The furnishings were dark and a bit dated, but everything was very clean. The towels were fluffy - a rarity for motels, I've found. Water pressure in the shower was excellent. Bed was fine. Air conditioner worked great. Front desk staff were very friendly. I would not hesitate to stay again next time we visit OGT.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jrad12
Reviewed 25 August 2011

The room, bathroom was very clean and made up everyday, with enough towels,etc. The motel is about 10-15 mins max to the beach. Which is good because you're not paying the big rates closer to the water.After 5 days there the distance is not to far. Plus you can drive the family right to the beach come back and walk (saving 25.00 for parking right at the beach)For lunch you can drive to Wells ( 10 mins away) to the local grocery store and pick up some sandwiches for the cooler.
The staff at this hotel was like family giving suggestion were to go to eat,etc. since it was the first time being here.
Its always easy to complain, but its always harder to give a compliment.THIS IS A GREAT MOTEL.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family