I honestly don't know where to begin. Jacqui at Almost Home could not have been more gracious, delightful, welcoming or fun. We both have very demanding jobs, so getting away is a challenge. When you plan a holiday weekend getaway at the last minute, it's easy to be skeptical of the places left with availability. But that's the shhhhhhh in my review title - we don't want anyone to know how amazing this place is, because then we might have to actually plan our getaways more than three days in advance.
But seriously, here are the highlights from our stay with Jacqui:
- Location: An easy walk into town, but off Route 1, so a very quiet, peaceful spot.
- Room: Our room was huge, drenched in morning sunshine, impeccably clean and adorably decorated. Bed was like sleeping in a cloud. Separate entrance was great.
- Breakfasts: I'm still full. Fresh fruit, brown sugar bacon, fluffy pancakes and mimosas. Jacqui even offered to bring breakfast to our room on our last morning.
- Service: Jacqui's right hand, Monica, tended to our every need and was just as delightful and lovely as Jacqui. These two are a fantastic team.
Jacqui will surprise and delight you with her approach to hospitality. She is someone you immediately warm up to, she sincerely wants all of her guests to become friends, and she makes you feel like family. The little touches - and some big, wonderful ones - are stunning and so above and beyond your expectations. I won't go into details, because you should be surprised, too!
- Also Known As:
- Almost Home Inn Ogunquit Maine