I should have read these other reviews more carefully before booking here! The location is great and the views are wonderful, but that's where it ends. While the staff (maybe the owners and their family?) were nice, I think that they just don't have a clue about how old, outdated, and in need of repair this place is. The bathroom was so old I didn't even want to use it. The sink would not drain so my husband took it upon himself to clean the drain in the middle of the night--disgusting. They left shampoo bootles that were obviously re-used and not even full, the refrigerator was rustly....I could go on and on. And it's really too bad because they have a great piece of property that I know I could make into a world class inn with not a lot of money. If you are used to motel type rooms you might be OK with all of this; if you usually book higher end hotels with granite, etc., this place will not meet your needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the tradition of Maine's summer resorts, the Marginal Way House has been welcoming visitors since at least 1911. Located on Wharf Lane, two blocks from the center of town, directly across from the Ogunquit Beach, the Marginal Way House offers incomparable views of the beach and coastline. Offering 3 types of rooms including hotel rooms in our Main and Wharf House buildings, ocean front rooms in our Dockside building, and efficiency apartments which are located through out our 5 building complex. Pets are accepted off season only ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Marginal Way House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marginal Way House Hotel Ogunquit
- Marginal Way Hotel
- Marginal Way Motel
- Marginal Way House Ogunquit, Maine