“highly recommend!”
Review of Gorges Grant Hotel

Gorges Grant Hotel
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay very much over july 4th weekend. Very clean, pleasant staff, well kept
And close enough to walk into town. Great breakfast with attentitive staff. Make sure to stroll
To the town and Stop at the bread and roses bakery! Yum

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We are a family of four (two tween kids) We stayed in a main building premium room, which was spacious and comfortable. The room had an L-Shape layout that permits additional storage space and privacy. The WIFI worked well which was Important because our AT&T coverage was weak. Extremely well kept facility, staff was very accommodating, restaurant served up a great breakfast! Couldn't be happier!

Room Tip: WIFI was great in room 105 (main building) AT&T coverage was poor, so we relied on the WIFI.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed here for a night while attending a work event in Ogunquit last month. Hotel is just average I'd say for the most part. It's a nice hotel but it has to be compared to the other hotels in the area, as if this hotel was found in a city or someplace else it would be considered more of a motel.

Our friend checked in before us and made sure with the front desk my name on the room. She then had to leave to buy items and called me to give the room number saying she took care of it with the front desk. I show up and they say they have no record of me and that my friend didn't leave any info even though it was maybe 30 minutes prior. They said I'd have to wait in the lobby which I said would be fine. Called my friend, she was surprised to hear this so she called the front desk. I could hear them talking to her on the phone saying there's nothing they can do, and then asking her for my name. Every time she would give it the front desk would say the phone was cutting out and to repeat it. She showed up and we got in the room and all was well. They are average nothing spectacular.

The next day I had to call the hotel from Boston to speak with a colleague. While giving the front desk his last name, she kept saying my phone was cutting out and couldn't hear me! Sorry but this was now my cell phone from Boston, when the day prior was my friends on another network from about 2 miles away. So not sure how both times when trying to spell a name and repeat it the phone kept cutting out.

Anyway I'd stay here again if I was back in the area as the location is good and has free parking, but definitely think there's better places elsewhere!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank leemoreau
Manager449, General Manager at Gorges Grant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about the Gorges Grant Hotel on tripadvisor.com. We appreciate comments from all sources as we use this feedback to help us to evaluate and improve our product and service.

On behalf of the entire team at the Gorges Grant Hotel, I apologize for any difficulty you may have encountered in gaining access to your friend’s room. We take our duty to maintain the privacy and security of our guests very seriously. As such, we follow industry protocol in properly identifying each person requesting access to a guest room. All persons renting a room in a hotel are legally required to register. My understanding is that your name was not registered as an occupant of your friend’s room. We were unable to grant you access for this reason.

I hope you find this explanation satisfactory. If not, please feel free to contact me with any additional questions or comments you may have. We know that you have many choices within the Ogunquit area, and we hope that you decide to stay with us during your next visit. Thank you again for choosing the Gorges Grant Hotel.

Regards,
Hotel General Manager

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed in the King Charles building and we found our room (305) to be very clean and comfortable. Great breakfast at Raspberri's in the lobby and we spent a great afternoon enjoying the pools and hot tub after several days of rainy weather. The accommodations were reasonably priced and I would definitely stay here again. Oh yes and there are trolley stops right in front of the hotel which was very convenient for getting around town.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Luvs2Tvl2014
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed in the new building off to the left. It was much more updated than what we saw in the main hotel and we had an excellent stay. The sink outside of the bathroom was very convenient and both sinks were very nice granite or granite-like material. The bed was incredibly comfortable and everything was very clean. We used the indoor hottub which was nice and clean as well.

The hotel itself is only a short walk to all of the shops and restaurants. I would say it only took 6 or 7 minutes to leisurely walk down there. It was great because we never had to worry about parking.

I would definitely recommend a stay here. We'll be back!

Room Tip: The building on the left was brand new!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adrienne33
Reviewed 24 June 2014

When you walk into the lobby of this hotel, you are awed by the design and beauty of the lobby. i went there for breakfast with my friends and we absolutely loved their menu and excellent food. The atmosphere is awesome, the staff is very pleasant and the price is reasonable. I highly recommend this restaurant for a superb breakfast

Room Tip: I did not stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We just spent five nights in Ogunquit and stayed at our favorite place, the Gorges Grant. As usual, we loved our stay. This hotel is immaculate. From the beautifully kept grounds to the pool area and the gleaming bathrooms. The front desk staff is so nice and accommodating it really does make it seem homey and friendly. The in house breakfast restaurant, Raspberris is always delicious and there's no need to leave your hotel to look for a place for breakfast. They provide fresh coffee in the lobby every morning and cups so you can take it to go. The trolley stops right outside the hotel and takes you to the beach, and Perkins Cove. You can leave your car in the hotel parking lot and not have to worry about parking in town. You can also walk into town as its only about a half mile away. It's a great place but in the busy summer months you do need a reservation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple