“Good food and great view.”

Blue Water Inn Beach House and Restaurant
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
Blue Water Inn Beach House and Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 26 Ogunquit B&B and Inns
Avon, Connecticut
“Good food and great view.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is a review of the restaurant, which is underneath the hotel.

The view is amazing, looking at the tidal waters of Qgunquit beach (you don't look at the ocean side). The sunset is wonderful.

The food very very nice. I tend to do either breakfast or dinner here. The breakfast is somehow better listening to the seagulls and the waves.

Dinner is varied and you can have what you want. There is prime rib and there is lobster (and a fair bit in between). The blueberry pie is very good with fine, small native blueberries. Don't forget the ice cream!

and it all seems to taste better in the ocean air. It can get chilly on September nights, so they have gas heaters to keep the porch warm (I would ALWAYS sit on the porch for the view).

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HPLowry

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

This alone should entice people to come back and try the restaurant, the staff is helpful and friendly, the food is decent and the view is great, if your going just for cocktails sit out on the deck and enjoy a warm Ogunquit day or night with a view. The New Owners also run a breakfast café which has been a 5 star property for years, the name, The Cove Café. At least try the Blue Water Inn restaurant for lunch, you will not be disappointed. The Lobster rolls are priced right, just $13. I love walking a few steps off the beach to have a great lunch then go back and enjoy the remaining afternoon hours on the one of the premier beaches in Maine.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TheDiceMan
Dracut, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

It's unfortunate that the Blue Water Inn hotel reviews are all mixed in with the restaurant reviews.

My husband and I had dinner at Blue Water after seeing their ad in a local publication and then looking up the reviews on here. Great choice!

We went on a rainy evening, and the covered porch with plastic pull-down sides provided a really cozy atmosphere where we could still enjoy the views while staying nice and dry.

Our waitress was stellar. She was incredibly friendly and helpful and in a really great mood. That set off our experience just right. Crabcakes were great -- very flavorful and hot all the way through. I ordered the Seafood Medley and my husband the Scallops and Bacon. Both were fantastic, with just the right size portions. Very fresh and flavorful.

They have some signature drinks and a full bar. We are considering going back again sometime just for drinks and appetizers.

And on a rainy day, your first bar drink is 1/2 price. That was a nice surprise!

Definitely consider this restaurant. It's walkable from Ogunquit Beach. I didn't see any parking other than the big Ogunquit Beach paid parking lot. Because we were there later in the day and it was raining, we didn't have to pay to park.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LorraineD_2011
dleten
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed this place. The ambiance was great! It's adorable inside, very bright and welcoming. They have a wonderful staff, very friendly and accommodating. The drinks and food were fantastic! I would highly recommend it, definitely the best place by the beach.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank dleten
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend for our anniversary during peak season and I couldn't have asked for a better time. The room was priced amazingly well, under $150, free parking, great view, clean room and bathroom, the staff was super helpful and accommodating, and the first drinks were on the house! The location was prime and I can't speak more highly for the place! Loved it!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MJohannaC
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

We stopped here for a nice quiet dinner. The restaurant was full, but, it did not stop the great service which we had. The meal, I had the haddock and the Mrs. had lobster was prepared very nicely. Topped off with after dinner drinks then, a nice walk on the beach. Very enjoyable evening
Highly recommend this place

Room Tip: Call in advance and ask for Roger, the Manager
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Patrick C
Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

When booking my travel plans I had been to the area before and knew I wanted to stay by the beach. This place was one of three options, so I called all three to compare prices. When speaking to the person on the phone that person immediately asked "how many in the party?", I course said three, myself, wife, and daughter, the person who answered asked how old is the child I responded "9" to which the booking person said “no, we have nothing available for you.” I found the response odd in the way he said that thinking "gee it seems like this person just did not want to rent to a family." I found that very strange. So when we went on our vacation I made a point to go by the place to see if my suspicions were true. What I found was a sign on the door of the restaurant that said "only well behaved children allowed", and a vacancy sign hanging off the building. I went inside to inquire if they had two rooms available for my party, lying to the person at the counter saying I had 3 other adults with me looking for lodging. The counter person said by all means they had rooms for us to choose from. This was so bazaar. Maybe they just had a mass cancellation, I don't know. But the one thing that was clear to me is that this place wants nothing to do with families with children.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family