“Exceptional, Quiet and Friendly”
Review of Above Tide Inn

Above Tide Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
Above Tide Inn
Ranked #21 of 26 Ogunquit B&B and Inns
Niskayuna, New York
“Exceptional, Quiet and Friendly”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Spent a few days at the "Above Tide Inn" in late July. Al, John and Meagan are wonderful and make you feel like you are part of their family. The inn is quaint, quiet and immaculate. The views from many of the rooms breath taking. The back deck is superb for relaxing and enjoying the magnificient views. The breakfast treats include delicious homemade breads/cakes and coffee. I can't say enough about the location. This is the place for me. I will never stay anywhere else again.

Thanks Karen

Room Tip: Rooms along the back have a large deck with breathe taking views.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
abovetideinn, Owner at Above Tide Inn, responded to this review, 26 August 2012
Thanks for the great review! This guest traveled with a friend who had a room on the front deck so she enjoyed the best of both worlds. In the morning she was able to visit her friend's table on the front deck to enjoy the sunrise. Then her own room on the second floor faced the west so she could also enjoy the sunset. We can't wait for your next visit!

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Sherbrooke, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2012

My wife and I have been going to this family own Inn for years and always loved it till we got a room on the first floor and it ruined our stay.There's absolutly no insolation.You hear everthing from the room upstairs wich made me realised how much we must have been a nuisance the previous years to the floor guest.I really like that family, the place and the location.They are always nice and helpful but I just hope they'll fix this problem cause the do have THE location in town!

Room Tip: Never ,never rent a room on the main floor unless you sleep like a rock.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank blackwall01
abovetideinn, Owner at Above Tide Inn, responded to this review, 26 August 2012
I have waited a month to write this response because I wanted to see whether other guests in this room would have similar complaints. Not one person has complained and this room has not had a vacant night since the reviewers left.

Our inn has insulation in the walls and between the first and second floors. I think the unfortunate part of this reviewer's stay is that the people who stayed above him were loud and unruly. We spoke with the people in the room above and tried to address the issue. The reviewer also had words with them. it is unfortunate that another couple can negatively impact a couple's annual vacation.

The reviewer and his wife are wonderful guests and we will make sure they have their usual room on the second floor when we see them in 2013.
Derry, New Hampshire
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Hello- My husband and I stated at the "Above Tide Inn" late June and had a wonderful time. The Inn is situated on where the Atlantic ocean and Ogunquit river meet, quite beautiful and the beach is directly across the way. The owners are lovely and the rooms are quaint and nicely kept. We tried to get more time there over the summer, but unfortunantely there were no rooms available.
Hope to visit again and would certainly recommend to others.

Room Tip: A room with a view (ocean,river and beach).
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
abovetideinn, Owner at Above Tide Inn, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
We appreciate your review and hopefully we'll have some rooms available for your summertime visit in 2013!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 July 2012

My wife and I took a short two night break and stayed at this Inn as we have many times in past years but not for the last three years. Nothing has changed. It is very conveniently located on the edge of the river inlet and faces the ocean and the river side beach. It is a 5 minute walk to the main beach straight ahead passing by very nice breakfast, luncheon,dining and sundry places right off the beach. There are small rooms and larger rooms and some with two bedrooms all with a deck out in front of the rooms. It is also only a 5 minute walk to the center of town with all the shops. The amenities include all your basics for an Inn in Me. nothing fancy but very pleasant and clean. Coffee, juice and cake are available in the Office around 7am to get you started. And, the coffee is good as is the cake.
The resident owners, in the summer time, have their own house next to the Inn and are very pleasant when you are. Just remember, you are at Me. Inn and not a luxury NY hotel.

Room Tip: The front rooms on the water are generally preferred but the sun rises in the east and may disturb y...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John and Judy M
abovetideinn, Owner at Above Tide Inn, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Thank you for the kind words. Guests like these make innkeeping a joy!
Montreal
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I stayed there for 3 nights and would never return. The mattress must had been 20 years old at least, the bedsheet was very thin, no shampoo, no hairdryer, the soap bar is a very thin, decor is very ''kitsch'', everything about this place is UGLY. The breakfast consist of a piece of cake, bad coffee and bad orange juice.
The owner collects all the money when you come in... it's a good thing for him because once we see the accomodations you simply want to leave this place ASAP.
You simply feel you've been taken advantage of.....that's how I felt.
Anyhow, if you still want to go at this well located inn, bring your soap, shampoo, cream, hairdryer and pillow..........it's lke going camping at $255.00 per night..........

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank FrancineDMontreal
, Owner at Above Tide Inn, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
This review truly makes me wonder about the usefulness of TripAdvisor. We checked in daily with the two female guests, one of whom wrote this review, and they told us each day that they were having a wonderful time. Not at any point did either woman complain about our property or amenities.

Our beds were custom made for us less than ten years ago and are made to feel firm. Each morning we provide a light continental breakfast that is homemade and most of our guests compliment the cakes and coffee. As far as our rates go, we are on the water and our rates are a great deal lower than places like the Norseman, which is on the water also.
Portsmouth, NH
Reviewed 29 December 2011

My partner and I had a wonderful 2 night stay here. Quiet and freindly. Sooo close to everything in Oguquit. It is located on the River overlooking the main beach. Easy access to the adjacent Island and the Cliff walk as well as downtown. Very scenic and awesome place to be in the summer!

Room Tip: Look for one in the Main house and for water/River view
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Wakefield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 September 2011

On August 7 about 7 p.m. I made a reservation for the following night for one night. Unfortunately my father was rushed to the hospital with a heart attack a few hours later and I called to cancel about 7 am the next morning--12 hours later! As a courtesy I assumed the "family run" owners would understand and perhaps give us a credit. Not only was I surprised to find a $50 bill on my credit card but the owner said she's HEARD THAT EXCUSE BEFORE! I'm happy to say my father made it through surgery but am saddened of the insensitivity and inhumanness of this owner.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple