“Great staff-family, great location, Very Relaxing”
Review of Above Tide Inn

Above Tide Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
Above Tide Inn
Ranked #21 of 26 Ogunquit B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Just returned from a 1 week stay at The Above Tide Inn, the Family that owns and runs it were outstanding, they were very knowledgable of the area, and willing to share it. The location was great being right on the Tidal River, Close to the heart of town, the beach and just a relaxing location. we would definitely stay here again and highly recommend this Inn.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Labsrus
There are newer reviews for Above Tide Inn

Reviewed 7 October 2009

We loved the location of the Above Tide Inn in Ogunquit, ME. It is situated directly over the Ogunquit River where makes a turn to join the ocean. A quick walk over the adjacent bridge brings you to the amazing flat sands of Ogunquit Beach where you can walk for miles. From the small balcony of our room, we watched the wildlife, migratory birds and the local surfing community "hanging ten." The small Inn is also a short walk (1 block) to the main streets and shopping areas of the town. A foot trail leads from the rear of the property over a bridge and connects with Marginal Way, a dramatic oceanfront, mile-long walkway to the unique community of Perkins Cove. The small parking area borders the inn. Our second floor room was small and suitable for one or two people only. The stairs are not covered and are steep. No frills here, but very sunny and clean room with a small tv mounted on the wall, a wicker chair and small bureau. There is a small refrigerator in the room and an ice machine on the lower porch. A continental breakfast of juice and quick bread or muffins was served from 8 am to 10 am. The coffee was excellent. The service folks (actually the owners) were friendly and not intrusive. I requested a hair dryer and was given one. In the summer when the beach is a magnet for thousands, the location of this inn would be busy and probably noisy. But we enjoyed the beauty and solitude of this off-season weekday getaway. We enjoyed most our small, covered balcony with chairs and table and great view; least, the bed which was very hard and covered with plastic. I recommend the inn for short stays in the off season.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nanag
Reviewed 16 August 2009

We stumbled onto The Above Tide Inn 14 years ago and have been staying there every year since. The Inn is owned and operated by a family who takes great pride in providing simply appointed and meticulosly clean accomodations along with excellent service to insure a fun, stress free and relaxing experience for its guests. They serve a continental breakfast with home made baked goods each morning. An added bonus has been meetting up with some of the same guests year after year who have come to be good friends. The Inn is so well located that we park our car and don't move it for the week as everthing is within walking distance (beach, restaurants, shops, etc.) Just a great place!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VTBTV
Reviewed 7 August 2009

We called The Above Tide Inn to stay for 3 nights and they quoted us a rate- with extra for our children which we happily agreed to. We sent a check and they called us back that they made a mistake by $60 night and told us they would send our check back-only TWO weeks before our trip! We had planned to stay here because of the proximity of the family with whom we were vacationing so this spoiled our entire plan! I called and explained but they were extremely rude and told us "Sorry" we made a mistake and won't honor the original price. We were saddened that they would not honor their word and by their cold reaction. When asked where they would recommend- they said "call the Chamber of Commerce" so that is what I suggest you do. We simply don't want anyone else to have their vacation plans ruined as a result of their error and resistance to honor their word.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
8  Thank TravelerOgunquit
abovetideinn, Owner at Above Tide Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2009

The husband showed up to the inn and booked in person and was verbally quoted $225 plus $60 for a room for four people. When I received the deposit I realized that he thought the room was only $225 per night so I called to clarify. I apologized for any error and offered to refund their money. From booking the room to refunding the money (the entire deposit) only seven days had passed. I recommended the Chamber of Commerce because they would know where a room for four people (for only $225) would be located.

I still stand behind refunding their money and I did not think the verbal assault from the wife was warranted. After that phone call I am pleased this family will be staying elsewhere.

Reviewed 29 July 2009

Quaint inn on the bank of a river and a less than 5 minute walk of the beach. Rooms range in size. We stayed in a larger room (full bed with 2twins) to get a sea view. Most rooms appear to have terraces. Marginal Way is only steps away. Staff or owner allowed us to check in early. Room is good size for two people. Bathroom was small with a shower only. Offer a continental breakfast with room. We will come again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Itsmo
Reviewed 12 January 2006

My husband & I stayed at the Above Tide Inn on our first visit to Ogunquit. We found the place charming from the moment we arrived. We were a bit disappointed, tho, because we thought we had requested a room on the water, but when we checked in, discovered that the room was ocean-VIEW (if you went out on the deck outside the room and looked around the corner). We were told the rooms on the water are booked well in advance.

Great location - the beach is right there, as well as a short walk up the hill to the shops & downtown area, as well as a path for the Marginal Way right outside the door! Very quiet at nite, and wonderful coffee & made-by-the-owner coffee cake in the morning.

We booked a WATER-VIEW room right away before we left for next year!

Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank CTStella
A TripAdvisor Member
Mantua, NJ
Reviewed 16 September 2005

I booked a few months ago and asked for a corner upstair's room overlooking the river. They said they only had the middle room left and it had two double beds, and had a 2 night minimum. ( even though it was the middle of the week and after Labor Day). I had to send a check for $160.00 including tax; the price for one night. I should have known then that this was a negative indicator of this place. I went against my better judgement and sent in the check. In the letter I reminded them that if a corner room should come available to put me in that. The first order of business when I walked into the office was to pay the balance of the stay. The room was clean but drab. The one corner room that I could have had was taken that day by a couple that had just pulled into town, without a reservation. I don't think the 2 night minimum applied to them. The walls are thin and it was hard to sleep. I couldn't stay another night and they refused to refund anything because they noted that it's their policy on the website. I'm sure they rented it that night anyway, good for them. So, I lost $160.00, live and learn.

• Stayed: September 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Management response:Responded 26 September 2005

Like all reputable businesses, the Above Tide Inn has policies. One is that guests send in a deposit, which is a reasonable request for this area. The other is that guests settle their bill upon arrival. Upon booking the room a month in advance, these "guests" were well aware of our policies.

The two front corner rooms were booked a year in advance by two repeat customers. They were not available to this customer.

The "guests", however, regret to inform the average tripadvisor reader that they left before the office opened the next morning. A note was left for the maid service apologizing for leaving a day early. They apparently received a phone call and had to go home. Ms. "guest" then phoned later in the day demanding a refund and we did not oblige because that is against our policy. Her final threat was to write a negative tripadvisor review.

I have owned and run this inn for 13 years and thought I heard it all until I read this......

I am sure the rain on the second day had nothing to do with the "Guests" early departure....