Sweet Pea's
Ranked #2 of 7 Dessert in Ogunquit
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Open daily in the summer, in the fall open from lunch to dusk, closed November-April
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I was there a few nights ago (beginning of August 2013) with my 11 year-old grand-daughter. It was very busy, but we patiently waited in line. When we arrived at the cash, the male server/owner/manager (not sure who he was) asked what we wanted. There was a customer right in front of us who was still paying for her purchases and so I waited until she was done. I thought it was rude for the server to go to the next person in line while she had not yet finished paying. Anyway, when our turn came up, my grand-daughter ordered her single cone, but the server asked if she wanted it in a cup or cone as he said "I can't read your mind". I was too flabbergasted at his comment to react, so I just paid up and left. I will never return. I thought his comment was very rude, especially to a young girl. If he speaks like that to a paying customer, I'm not sure what he'd say to his staff.

2  Thank RadarOntario

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Unique and delicious flavors and the service is fast.
we had the coconut almond joy cone and our daughter had the blackbear flavor which is raspberry with chocolate chunks.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

If you're like me, and just LOVE chocolate, you must stop by Sweet Pea's and have the Death By Chocolate ice cream!! The one scoop sounds small, but believe me, it is more than enough - and worth every penny!!! Lots of other neat flavors, along with your "normal" ones.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Our first time visiting the area. This ice cream shop was right in the middle of downtown and had a line going out the door. They offered a lot of flavors, including some unique ones. I had raspberry with chocolate cookies. I can't recall the name they gave it. The ice cream is extra creamy like Haagen Dazs.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

We visit Sweet Pea's nightly during our annual summer visits to Ogunquit. It is tiny and popular with very friendly service and a line out the door. The flavors are terrific including watermelon sherbet, Almond Joy, Mocha Chip and Birthday Cake.

Been to Sweet Pea's? Share your experiences!