“Good choice for lunch in Perkins Cove”
Review of Chowders Cafe & Gourmet Deli - CLOSED

Chowders Cafe & Gourmet Deli
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 August 2013

If you're in Ogunquit, you should walk the Marginal Way to Perkins Cove, have lunch and check out the tourist shops, and then walk back. This is a good choice if you're looking for a light lunch. The chowder and sandwiches are very good and the prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We were looking for something light and I really wanted a lobster roll. We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food. The seating out back was great with a view of the ocean. They also serve beer and wine. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I read reviews on Trip Advisor, and when I saw the place, we decided to try it.

I went with several kids around 11 years old and a friend. We order several different sandwiches, and they were all good. There is beach access from the outdoor seating area, so the kids went and played while we waited for the food. Lobster roll was goo and so was the tuna melt.

The ice tea and lemonade were both really good.

Definitely a good alternative when in Perkins Cove.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stopped in here after our sunset stroll on the Marginal Way. Chowder's is great for a casual and comfortable setting. I'm sorry I didn't get the name of the proprietor, but her welcoming manner and comfortable friendliness were perfectly suited to the beach atmosphere. We sat on the back patio right on the beach. It was empty at first, but a very large party came in ... even then, it was still relaxed and comfortable. I was disappointed that they were out of Chardonnay, but really, sitting beach side at sunset, what more do you need to relax? We kept it simple with a garden salad and chowder, which were very good. Great place to chill and enjoy the sea view.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Really liked the lobster roll. The iced tea was very good. The deli had a really nice location on the ocean