“Absolute BEST chowder”
Review of Chowders Cafe & Gourmet Deli - CLOSED

Chowders Cafe & Gourmet Deli
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Oh my what a lunchtime treat. A cup of their absolutely fabulous clam chowder, sitting along the rocky shore. The best.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We found this only through persistence, and of course hunger! At the end of Harbor Lane in Perkins Cove it was just the right answer. It was a bit early for dinner, but we didn't want a big full meal. The chowder was amazing. I got the chowder and 1/2 sandwich which fit the bill perfectly. A glass of wine and view of the water topped off the afternoon. I would highly recommend walking past the lobster places and find this one out - especially for lunch, or late afternoon snack.

2  Thank Susan S
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I have traveled to Perkin's Cove many times, but just recently tried this cute cafe near the end. It offers a great location with a nice outside dining area overlooking the ocean. I only tried the chowder here and it was surprisingly wonderful! Creamy without being too thick from thickeners, tender clams, and great flavor. Only downside was the loud music playing on a boombox in the cafe itself. Five stars for a great chowder and location in Perkin's cove. I cannot comment on any other food.

1  Thank krisbelledc
Reviewed 5 August 2013

If you're in Ogunquit, you should walk the Marginal Way to Perkins Cove, have lunch and check out the tourist shops, and then walk back. This is a good choice if you're looking for a light lunch. The chowder and sandwiches are very good and the prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We were looking for something light and I really wanted a lobster roll. We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food. The seating out back was great with a view of the ocean. They also serve beer and wine. We will definitely go back.