“Excellent food and atmosphere”

Roost Cafe and Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Roost Cafe and Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 101 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Price range: US$25 - US$35
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ledge Road
Description: A warm and welcoming Cafe and Bistro where our philosophy is hand-crafted, a la minute entrees and appetizers that are exquisite, yet affordable. We pride ourselves on classical cooking techniques with contemporary flavors and creations that are perfect for a bistro. Our Summer hours are as follows: Breakfast/Lunch/Brunch: 8 am - 2 pm Pub Fare: 2 pm - 9 pm Dinner: 5 pm - 9pm
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The Roost has excellent food, service, and atmosphere. We have enjoyed sitting at the beautiful bar after hours several times. Recently, we called ahead to make reservations and mentioned that a few members of our group were vegan. The chef prepared a special dinner that was incredible. Clearly, The Roost aims to please and accommodate. All members of our group, both vegan and non, found the dining experience exceptional. I highly recommend The Roost!!!!

1  Thank wbc25

Reviewed 21 October 2013

My daughter and I came up for a quick overnighter. Not completely familer with Ogunquit we came upon this place as we were looking for a nice breakfast. Saw the sign and said lets try it.
Well, from the time we entered to the time we left we couldn't have picked a better place.
So inviting when you step in and the diningroom was very cozy. We were seated at the window and ordered the 3 egg omelet with chorizio and carmetized onions with a potato cake and marble rye toast. OMG the best!!!!!!!!! We also had to try the Maine blueberry pancakes. Light and fluffy with loads of blueberries. This is a must, if your up this way. I'm sure lunch and dinner don't disappoint either. Thanks, for being part of a great stay in Ogunquit! We will be back!

Dianne
Weymouth, Ma.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Happened to pass Roost on a walk back from Perkins Cove to Ogunquit. We stopped and read the menu for lunch, and decided to return later. It was the best decision we made for food the entire trip! Roost is located in an old, converted home, that is so comfortable inside. It's casual, but elegant (but far from stuffy or pretentious). The lunch menu had a lot of choices, and I opted for a tempura battered haddock that was incredible.

Everything about the meal was perfect. We then got to talk a bit to the owner, who was also the waiter for lunch that day. He was welcoming and very friendly.

The experience was so wonderful, we returned the next morning for breakfast. If we had found the restaurant any earlier, I'm sure dinner would have been next, but we were close to the end of our stay in town. The breakfast menu was just as excellent as lunch, and we were so glad we stopped again. Our waitress was attentive and friendly.

Roost has been permanently added to our list of restaurants to visit while in the Ogunquit area. I recommend that anyone visiting in the area stop by and give Roost a try. You won't regret it!!

4  Thank WearyTravelerPA
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I had a lovely dinner at roost Sunday evening Oct. 13. I ordered a French Sauvignon Blanc, which I enjoyed and asked for name from waitress. Later when I asked for wine year, she came back and said we were not serving the French that evening and I had been served a New Zealand wine instead. I called the owner over and was given quite a story on why my wine wasn't French.. I thought I was drinking what I ordered, that was not the case. I do not patronize a restaurant that practices unethical behavior. I will not recommend you based on this bait and switch. I paid for a product a did not receive.

2  Thank d_beesley2013
Reviewed 14 October 2013

One of the most enjoyable meals we had. The food was well prepared, the service was delightful and the place had charm. Dont miss it!