“Tasty Food with a Great View”

Oarweed Cove Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 100 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stopped by yesterday to have a light dinner. We had an outside table overlooking the water. The clam chowder was good. Maybe not the absolute best I've ever had, but I would definitely get it again. We both had the lobster roll, which was absolutely delicious! Lobster, a hint of mayo, and a buttered roll. There was plenty of lobster, and I can't imagine that anything additional would have made it better. We will definitely be back for more!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My parents and I went to Ogunquit, ME to enjoy the beautiful views of the ragged New England coast while enjoying a delicious lobster roll. Yum!!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Oarweed Cove Restaurant is located in Perkins Cove, Ogunquit, ME. They have their own parking lot, thank God, because even in the early season, the area is mobbed and parking a premium. There is not a bad seat in the restaurant. The outstanding feature of this place is the view, looking out onto the rocky coast to the ocean. Just Beautiful. We all had lobster of some sort.
I had the lobster roll. Nothing outstanding, grilled hot dog roll with good amount of meat, no filler and very little mayo served with a bag of chips and a pickle spear. I did have the clam chowder which was loaded with clams and tiny potato but we all found to be very salty and rather thin. My adult daughter had the lobster on a salad. Lots of meat, no filler, very little mayo on a beautiful bed of greens, egg wedges, cucumber, red onion slices and cherry tomatoes. Choice of salad dressing on the side. Wonderful meal. My husband had the lobster out of the shell. It was a baked lobster meat in a stuffing served with a twice baked potato with cheese and nice coleslaw. He loved it!! And the meat was not over cooked, but make sure you remove the casserole for the baking dish or it will overcook. The ice tea and soda were refillable. No fried food so no french fries. Waitress was a friendly young lady, service was good.

1  Thank Wendy K
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were attracted to the Oarweed after strolling the Marginal Way and seeing an ad for $16 for a quart of steamers (clam). Although the empty tables along the windows (with a magnificent view of the Atlantic) were large, they gave the 2 of us a choice. I noticed later as all the window tables were filled they offered patrons patrons sitting further inside the option of moving when the window seats opened up. Food was good, and service was very good.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Huge thanks to everyone at the Oarweed for a great evening last night. We enjoyed the surf, the sunset, and the best grilled scallop rolls and cheese sandwiches from Bar Harbor to the Bahamas. Plus, there isn't a cleaner restaurant on the whole seacoast. Stop for the view, stay for the meal.

1  Thank Rich B