“What a Pleasant Surprise!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Gypsy Sweethearts
Ranked #44 of 97 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
shelton, ct
“What a Pleasant Surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Expecting this place to be your typical tourist trap, we walked away with a completely different view. The food was superb (I had the walnut-crusted Haddock), the wait staff as well, and the the proprietor Tony was a gem! We loved the ambiance, location, food, and restaurant furnishings, and we even went so far as to buy one of their unique beeswax candle holders! Definitely patronize this one!

• Visited October 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Always nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I have had dinner and tapas here in the past and I always have a great meal, great service and great drinks- I recommend the sangria! I had dinner with my boyfriend a couple of weeks ago and we sat on the roof deck. Our server was very attentive and our meal was delicious. I will continue to return!

Milford, Massachusetts
“Great food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

My wife and I went in for a nice dinner one evening during vacation. The food and service were both excellent. The atmosphere is unique and charming if a little cramped. The chairs however were brutally uncomfortable. By the end of the meal I rushed through my dessert (which was excellent) just so I could get out of the chair. Despite the chairs we would definitely return!

Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“What a delight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

I have been going to ogunquit, Maine for years this is my first time at gypsy and what a delight and definitey will go back, from the time I walked in till the time I left I felt like they were like family, what a treat to find a southern owing the rest. which I am from and food good and reasoanble price, serivce attentive free parking behind and outside dining if referred

New Hampshire
“Accomodating and Great Setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

My wife and I were staying in Wells and ventured to Ogunquit to walk along Shore Road for the day. We had tweeted that we were looking for restaurant recommendations and the Beachmere Inn tweeted back to us with Gypsy Sweethearts as their favorite (along with a few others). We walked past several restaurants, reading their posted menus and just didn't see what we were looking for. Then we came to Gypsy Sweethearts and decided to give it a try. The weather had greatly cooled off and many of the restaurants had their heat lamps going for outside seating, but we discovered it was too hot sitting next to one and indoor seating was also quite warm. They brought us up to their upper deck and sat us in the most private location possible, all alone on the roof top!! We didn't mind in the least, but I'm sure the waiter got a workout climbing the stairs to serve us.

We sat at a table for two, overlooking Shore road, surrounded by white lights twisted through the ivy on the deck railing. It was like a scene from a romantic movie. I posted a picture of our table for this review.

They had a decent wine list (got a 7 Deadly Zins) and a great martini list (pomegranite martini, my wife's favorite). We split a crab cakes appertized that had a tequila infused sauce on it. My rib eye was cooked perfect and was quite large. My wife had the almond crusted haddock, another of her favorites. We just hit this night perfect, perfect location, great food, great service, and thanks to twitter for the recommendation.