“It was better in 2012...”
Review of Gypsy Sweethearts

Gypsy Sweethearts
Ranked #48 of 99 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Mansfield, MA
“It was better in 2012...”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I live in Ogunquit and try to frequent the better restaurants as often as possible. In 2012, my wife and I, and other guests ate at Gypsy's on a regular basis. We really enjoyed the food we got there, and the service was very friendly. They menu was limited, but there were options that I quite enjoyed, especially the 'firecracker chicken'.
This season, my party of four went there for the first time in May. I was looking forward to ordering my favorite meal,...but alas they changed their menu for 2013 and it no longer included the 'firecracker chicken'. (or any other chicken option for that matter.) What kind of restaurant doesn't have at least one variation of chicken on the menu?
Anyway, I ordered a steak, which was average at best...and a bit pricey for what I received.
The others in my party were not impressed either, so we did not return again for the whole season. One unimpressive meal can do that to your business....

So, hopefully Gypsy's will take a look at their menu and improve it for the 2014 season. If so, I'll come back...if not, you've lost four regulars.

• Visited May 2013

Boston, MA
“Weird slow service”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We asked for an outside table and rather than sitting on the lawn section, we were brought upstairs onto the roof area, where they usually have nighttime cocktail parties. We felt like we were forgotten by the staff. Service was REALLY slow. Which we could have forgiven if the food was really good. But it just wasn't. Not horrible, just not good enough to make up for the bad service. There are much better options in ogunquit.

Visited July 2013
katonah, new york
“You will not be disappointed”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Go to Gypsy's -- you will not be disappointed. It is in an old house right on Shore Road, walkable to almost everything. The food and service are good, so is the wine. You can sit outside, or on the enclosed porch and watch all of Ogunquit go by.

Visited June 2013
Atlanta
“The best so far.”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I've been going to Ogunquit every year in the fall and, until now, had found good restaurants but not a really really good one. I overheard the Mayor talking to some people on the street and telling them to go to Gypsy Sweethearts for the best meal in Ogunquit. We went that night and we weren't disappointed. The people were extremely friendly (the owner was actually from Alabama) and the service couldn't have been better. I had a warm salad to start and the mussels and both were wonderful. I will definitely go back next year. They close sometime in October for the winter so call ahead and make sure they're open and make reservations. The people behind us in the restaurant were also raving about their meal! Also a great atmosphere in a charming house!

• Visited September 2013
Connecticut
“Warm and Cozy!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My husband and I had a meal here once several years ago and remembered liking it. So we decided to try it again...glad we did!
Everything we ordered was delicious! We liked the candle holder on our table and asked were we could buy one and our waitress said that we can purchase them right there. The owner Tony was kind enough to give us a bees wax candle that fits the holder so that we can use it as soon as we return home. Gypsy Sweethearts is now one of our favorites!!

• Visited October 2013