“Good food - Extremely nice surroundings” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Beach House Grill - CLOSED

The Beach House Grill
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Houston
“Good food - Extremely nice surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

Spent the night in Ogunquit and got a late start on dinner and was referred to The Beach House Grill. Was not disappointed. The location is great, easy parking, extremely nice interior and exterior. Very pleasant ambiance and easy to converse even though there was a Red Sox v. Yankee baseball game on the t.v. Quite tasty shrimp po-boy. Will definitely return on next trip to Ogunquit.

• Visited September 2012

Douglas, Massachusetts
“Had great service wonderful meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

Spent the day in Ogunquit with my daughter and her husband. We went to the Beach House for dinner and were treated to great service, personable staff and great lobster. Can't wait to visit again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Boston
“Dreadful Experience - Horrible Management”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

We have been dining at The Beach House Grill since it opened. We made it a regular stop every annual trip to Ogunquit. Our recent experience was horrible. We each ordered a glass of wine before our meals, a Chilean Merlot. My husband didn't like the way it tasted, like it was old or had been opened for a long time, and wanted to send it back but I discouraged him from doing so. The waitress dropped off our dinners, both stuffed flounder. When we tasted them they were just barely warm, not hot, but tasted alright. She never returned to the table to ask us how the meals were or to see if she could get us anything else. When I got down to the last third of my glass of wine I was disgusted to see the amount of sludge in my glass. When the waitress finally returned to our table, after we had long completed our meals, I complained about the wine. She took my glass, I thought back to the bar, but instead she went out the front door of the restaurant, held it up to the light and swirled it around. I was sitting on the outside patio only ten feet from her and observed this, as did everyone else sitting outside. It was embarrassing. Two minutes later a very irate manager came to our table and reprimanded me, in front of everyone dining outside, about the "sediment" in my glass which was "a perfectly normal occurence in wine." He also berated me for drinking two-thirds of the glass and then complaining about it. I was totally humiliated and shocked that a manager would ever do that to a customer over a $6.00 glass of wine, or anything that was wrong with a meal for that matter. I was too stunned to speak to defend myself. He removed the $6.00 charge from the bill. The waitress came over to apologize because she had to tell her manager. Hard to believe after watching her role in this matter. My husband went inside to speak to the manager about his behavior and how he humiliated me but the manager continued to insult my husband about his ignorance about wine. My husband told him he just lost two loyal customers, but he didn't care one bit. Outrageous!

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Paula C
Bethlehem, NH
“Great Food - Very Nice Outdoor Eating Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

We ate here on a recent trip to Ogunquit. We enjoyed the experience.

The food is quite good - the prices are fair - the service was very good.

The outdoor eating area is very nice. There is a patio with gas lamps. Plenty of nice atmosphere.

Kids menu available with a staff that does well with the younger eaters.

Would definitly go back again.

Visited August 2012
Cambridge, MA
“Had worse, had better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

Restaurant was comfortable and we were able to get seats for our party of 10 without a problem. They also have parking which is a bonus. The lobster pie was pretty good, but what's not to like about lobster meat baked in butter with bread crumbs. The service was average - servers brought food to the wrong people, and got the order wrong a few times. The kids ordered milk, and it did not smell right so we sent it back. To their credit, they didn't charge us for replacement drinks. Lobster pie came hot, but accompanying sweet potato fries and vegetables came cold. Vegetables were tasteless. Dinner for 5 adults and 5 kids - $200, but 4 of u had lobster pie at $25 a head and 3 of us had alcoholic beverages.

• Visited August 2012