“AN ABOMINATION!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Spring Hill, Florida
“AN ABOMINATION!”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Good looking from outside, we got there at 8:30PM after missing dinner. Only 4 other tables occupied, but it took our waiter 16 minutes to acknowledge us. He eventually took our drink order and fouled it up--2 cocktails only. Dinner was to be Prime Rib. THE MOST SINEWY, GRISTLY piece of meat ever served an calle "prime." Baked potato was stone cold room temperature. I told the waiter who called in the boss and wanted to give us free dessert, but we passed figuring that if the meal was bad, the dessert would be poison! They deducted the price of my meal but I would NEVER go back. I told the people at the desk of our fine lodging (Ogunquit Resort Motel) about our experience and they told us that they had had many similar reports before and would never recommend this place. HORROR STORY and true.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank BWA46

Houston
“Good food - Extremely nice surroundings”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Spent the night in Ogunquit and got a late start on dinner and was referred to The Beach House Grill. Was not disappointed. The location is great, easy parking, extremely nice interior and exterior. Very pleasant ambiance and easy to converse even though there was a Red Sox v. Yankee baseball game on the t.v. Quite tasty shrimp po-boy. Will definitely return on next trip to Ogunquit.

• Visited September 2012
Douglas, Massachusetts
“Had great service wonderful meal”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Spent the day in Ogunquit with my daughter and her husband. We went to the Beach House for dinner and were treated to great service, personable staff and great lobster. Can't wait to visit again.

• Visited September 2012
Boston
“Dreadful Experience - Horrible Management”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We have been dining at The Beach House Grill since it opened. We made it a regular stop every annual trip to Ogunquit. Our recent experience was horrible. We each ordered a glass of wine before our meals, a Chilean Merlot. My husband didn't like the way it tasted, like it was old or had been opened for a long time, and wanted to send it back but I discouraged him from doing so. The waitress dropped off our dinners, both stuffed flounder. When we tasted them they were just barely warm, not hot, but tasted alright. She never returned to the table to ask us how the meals were or to see if she could get us anything else. When I got down to the last third of my glass of wine I was disgusted to see the amount of sludge in my glass. When the waitress finally returned to our table, after we had long completed our meals, I complained about the wine. She took my glass, I thought back to the bar, but instead she went out the front door of the restaurant, held it up to the light and swirled it around. I was sitting on the outside patio only ten feet from her and observed this, as did everyone else sitting outside. It was embarrassing. Two minutes later a very irate manager came to our table and reprimanded me, in front of everyone dining outside, about the "sediment" in my glass which was "a perfectly normal occurence in wine." He also berated me for drinking two-thirds of the glass and then complaining about it. I was totally humiliated and shocked that a manager would ever do that to a customer over a $6.00 glass of wine, or anything that was wrong with a meal for that matter. I was too stunned to speak to defend myself. He removed the $6.00 charge from the bill. The waitress came over to apologize because she had to tell her manager. Hard to believe after watching her role in this matter. My husband went inside to speak to the manager about his behavior and how he humiliated me but the manager continued to insult my husband about his ignorance about wine. My husband told him he just lost two loyal customers, but he didn't care one bit. Outrageous!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Paula C
Bethlehem, NH
“Great Food - Very Nice Outdoor Eating Area”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We ate here on a recent trip to Ogunquit. We enjoyed the experience.

The food is quite good - the prices are fair - the service was very good.

The outdoor eating area is very nice. There is a patio with gas lamps. Plenty of nice atmosphere.

Kids menu available with a staff that does well with the younger eaters.

Would definitly go back again.

Visited August 2012