“Extraordinary find in this beach town......”
Review of Five-O Shore Road

Five-O Shore Road
Reserve with OpenTable
Five-O Shore Road is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 101 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: School Street
Transit: Along Trolley Line – Shore Road
Reviewed 8 July 2014

From the cocktails through the dessert, this restaurant was superb. Congratulations to the chef who has accomplished what few others have done, impressed my husband!! We are terribly spoiled with all the traveling and wonderful restaurants that we have been to. My husband asked for the fried oysters and was impressed with the quality of the oysters themselves and more impressed with the lightly fried succulent oysters he received. He is not impressed easily. We will be back for more when we return to Maine in the Fall.

2  Thank marie s
Write a ReviewReviews (1,068)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

great pours, bartenders are nonstop!!! great apps at a great price - friendly bar crowd that will strike up a conversation with you.

1  Thank rgilly
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We jumped into a reservation here about an hour before arriving, hoping for the best. Everything was perfect. Everything. The food, service, timing, price...this was fine dining in a beach town, executed by people who know exactly what they are doing and do it all very well.

2  Thank George S
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Like another reviewer we have bypassed this fine dining place.
The servers are exceptional, well versed in the menu and the ingredients of each dish - to me this shows attention to customer needs.
They have an excellent selection of taster appetizers. We chose five alternatives - too much for me, but I wanted to sample each. The veal meatballs were great tasting and cooked perfectly. The mushroom ragau (sp) was prepared superbly and extremely tasty. The Scottish salmon was prepared nicely, but not my favorite. The fried oysters were done perfectly - no more fried clams for me.
The Agnolotti was perfectly prepared and excellent seasoned dish. I had the Maine special which was superbly prepared and excellently cooked and seasoned fish on a bed of Italian couscous.
The dished were served to our table hot.
The servers checked in at the right times to assure our satisfaction.
The chef has the kitchen under control and the servers attuned to the kitchen and the floor.
Hands down one of the best dining experiences to be had in Ogunquit.

2  Thank Richard M
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I've been by Five-O for years and never stopped in. The staff is friendly and attentive from initial greeting to getting the car from the Valet. We ordered drinks first and our server Stacey did not rush us at all. When it came time for bread she served us a trio of spreads that were delicious. I ordered escargot as a first course and asked for a few extra slices of bread to sop up the sauce. Not only did she bring more bread but she brought another serving of the trio of spreads. My wife and I both ordered the same pasta dish which was a pork stuffed ravioli with a mushroom reduction. Fantastic. You could tell the sauce was reduced for hours. We will definitely be back!

2  Thank john s
Jeff P, General Manager at Five-O Shore Road, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for your recent visit to Five-O and great review on Trip Advisor. We are happy that you decided to give us a try, and we are thrilled to hear that your entire experience was a memorable one. We are constantly seeing familiar faces come through our doors; once you try Chef James Walter's great food using simple, fresh, and often local ingredients, you will certainly be back for more. Thank you for making the additional effort to commend a member of our team, we never tire of hearing praise directed toward our staff. We are ecstatic you enjoyed your first time with us and we hope you can join us again soon.

Been to Five-O Shore Road? Share your experiences!