“Rum Punch!!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I can't speak for the food, as we were recommended to this spot strictly for the Rum Punches! Directly at the end of marginal way, it was a perfect walk from our hotel in town!

Grabbed a spot on the beautiful deck, and the waitress helped us w/ the drinks. Perfect. Stellar. Delish!! They DID NOT disappoint, and the view is gorge! A great pre-dinner spot for a drink!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We liked it so much we went there for dinner twice and lunch once.And we were only there 3 days! The food was delicious and service was great!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I went to Barnacle Billy's with a couple of friends expecting a great meal, considering what I have heard from the locals. What I found was an unprofessional waitstaff, terrible parking, and plastic cups. Just to park was 12 dollars which led me to decide to park somewhere else and walk to the restaurant. Upon entering, my group was greeted by loud costumers waiting for seating and various employees gathering around conversing with one another with no regards to the guests. While being seated the hostess had given us a terrible attitude for stopping to talk to a familiar waitress for a second. During the ordering process we were continuously rushed by our waitress to order. The menu was terrible and virtually no variety at all while extremely expensive. Cumulatively, my party ordered the crab salad ($22), grilled chicken ($16), and swordfish ($28?). My friend barely even touched his salad and my swordfish was bland, over cooked, drenched in butter, and the baked potato that came with it was dry. Including the undeserved tip, we paid around $100. The view was nice but the unfriendly staff, over-priced food, awful parking, and especially the plastic cups were definitely not worth the price!

5  Thank R0binDillard
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I got the fried scallops appetizer and side of onion rings because I was not going to pay $22 (?) for fried scallops and fries meal. It was good. Others I ate with just got burgers. It's just one of those over priced places you go to to get seafood on vacation, but you could do far better elsewhere. View is wonderful, better than the food. Just a bunch of kids working there. We stayed within walking distance so didn't have to pay to park. That would have sucked to pay to park to eat here! Go down the cove a bit to MC's, much nicer, real waitstaff and great food worth what you pay for- unless you are just into slopping some lobsters around or doing the fried seafood restaurant thing while looking at the cove. Ken's in Scarborough is better if all you're looking for is fried seafood. Nothing fancy and huge portions. President Bush Sr loves it here but he's probably treated like royalty. It's cute and all, but not worth the hype.

2  Thank K G
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We travelled all the way from Marblehead, MA, after a recommendation and what a disappointment. The only thing going for it is the nice view over the water and boats . The mussels were OK. I wasn't given a spoon for the sauce. then I had Maine crab cakes. The crab went unnoticed. I might as well have been eating fried stuffing balls . My husband had surf and turf. He ordered medium rare. The steak was undercooked and small. We were not impressed. It was a glorified fast food establishment. There is no free parking so it's 15 dollars to park and valet parking is the norm which adds to the overpriced meal cost. We won't bd visiting again and won't be recommending it.

1  Thank sandyg53