“Very good dinner!”

Ranked #3 of 101 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Enjoy lobster, steamers, lobster rolls, chowder and a whole lot more in a friendly, casual atmosphere. Live lobsters caught by local lobstermen wait in tanks filled with ocean water coming straight from the cove. Choose your size and two sides. For all the taste without the work, have a lobster roll any way you like it...a quarter pound single, double-stuffed, triple, or an entire pound on a buttery toasted roll with or without mayo. The lobster wrap and lobster BLT are also recently added favorites. Homemade chowder made from an old family recipe is a great way to start your meal, there's no thickening flour just the perfect combination of clams, fish, potatoes, onions and spices in a milk and cream base.The "Shack" has been owned and operated by the Evans family since the 1980s and is proud to serve the hottest chowder and the coldest beer in town. Let Jason, his family and his crew provide you with a true Maine eating experience in the oldest restaurant in Perkins Cove...
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Very good for dinner. We stopped by after walking to Perkins Cove on the Marginal Way. Great lobster roll and clams and chowder. limited seating but the wait wasnt too long. would definitely go back.

2  Thank charles m

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We ate here twice during our trip and it was great! We tried the lobster roll, fish tacos, clam chowder, and the crab cake sandwich. Everything was spot on, lobster was sweet, tacos with a little heat and crab cake was seasoned perfectly. Great food and you don't have to spend all afternoon/evening in a restaurant. Service is fast and friendly!! We will return!

2  Thank mommyofgirlsx2
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Don't get me wrong. It is not because I don't like lobster but rather for the past forty years I have been allergic to lobster which was one of my favorite dishes. We went to the Lobster Shack because it was highly recommended by TA reviewers and I promised my wife a lobster dinner when we go to Maine. My wife had the lobster roll and I the crab roll and we both had bowls of clam chowder. We both enjoyed our meals and the atmosphere which is very casual. Getting there at 5 PM there was a small line. The chowder was a bit thin and could have used more thickener and I thought there was more Haddock in the chowder than there was clams but the wife did not agree. She said the lobster was sweet and tender and while my crab roll tasted good it had no lumps that I like. The guy explained that the reason is they use Maine Red crabs. I am used to Maryland crab. We will return.

3  Thank Rohrshack
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Order at the counter , sit at a picnic table and enjoy a great lobster roll and cup of chowder in true New England style. Prices are very reasonable and service is very good( they bring the meal to your table) . You can also order steamed lobsters or fish sandwiches.

2  Thank neil b
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Despite terrible weather and no parking, they were doing brisk late lunch business. We enjoyed a lobster roll and chowder (clam/fish) combo. The fish tacos were very spicy, which detracted. Very friendly staff. A good destination to get us down Perkins Cove.

1  Thank nlc58

Been to Lobster Shack? Share your experiences!