“nice experience”

Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 10 November 2013

First time at Arrows, one of our favorites, in a while. Food is excellent and extremely creative and fresh menu.The servers did a excellent job. We will be back.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We had the best seat in the house, and we had great service. The food was wonderful, but our waiter did a strange thing... after we had cocktails and ordered our dinners, I asked him to bring us what he thought would go well with what we ordered. He brought us a bottle of zinfandel which was delicious and cost $250.00!!! I think he could have shown us on the wine list what he was going to bring to see if we would approve rather than just surprising us with it on our bill. Be that as it may, everything else was great. But now I hear Arrows is for sale, and Mark & Clark are concentrating on MC Perkins Cove. Good luck to them.

2  Thank BARRY M
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I ordered veal shanks as the main course at Arrows recently and asked for a recommendation for a half-bottle of red wine to accompany this dish, which was prepared with a rich red wine reduction. Despite my asking for something full-bodied and expressing concern about his choice, the Maître d’ highly recommended a Pinot Noir which was not only not full-bodied, but very light and thin. The Maître d’ came back when I expressed my dissatisfaction, he let me know that my comment was unusual, but then asked if I wanted to try a different wine. He did not return, but I ordered a Barolo from the waiter, which was a much better match. I had a funny feeling when the waiter returned later and asked if I wanted to take the first wine to go. Sure enough, when I got the bill, both bottles had been charged for, and only when I protested did the Maître d’ then return. He said he was the General Manager and it was his decision to charge for both bottles, as I had ordered them both and drank most of the first one. (In fact, my wife and I had two sips each – 90% of the wine was untouched). He insisted I was wrong and that if I didn’t pay for it he would charge it the credit card they required to hold the reservation. I told him I would inform Visa of an unauthorized charge and he walked away. He came back a moment later and, nastily grabbing the check from me, loudly and begrudgingly said “fine, I’ll take it off”. As he walked away, he added “and please don’t return”.
I’ll be very happy to spend $300 for a pleasant dining experience elsewhere.

5  Thank Bombay3
ArrowsRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Arrows, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for sharing this experience with us. This behavior is absolutely not acceptable at Arrows. The manager in question no longer works with us.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have been fortunate to able to dine at this restaurant twice this year. Both meals were amazing. Unbelievable attention to detail, delicious food and excellent service.Lovely setting also. I would recommend the tasting menu if your not a fussy eater! Pricey but well worth it. I can't believe some of the negative reviews that I am reading.

2  Thank Cob55

Thank you for your wonderful review!
We are pleased that you understand what we do at Arrows.
Respectfully,

Reviewed 10 October 2013

For a very special event for you and your loved one Arrows is the place to go, yes it is a little pricey but the service and the ambiance is well worth making your reservations. An extremely relaxed meal without someone hovering over your shoulder trying to get you to hurry up and leave. There is limited seating but the gardens are beautiful and the food was excellent.

Thank you for your wonderful review!
We are pleased that you understand what we do at Arrows.
Respectfully,