“Recent Trip”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Along Trolley line, stop right in from door
Description: Over the past 30 years, our family has brought you the finest in hand crafted Italian food here in Ogunquit Maine. We stock only the finest imported olive oils, select tomatoes from the Tri-Valley Growers in California, and fresh native seafood. Our greens, herbs and vegetables are delivered to our chefs daily and to offer healthy choices, we do not use ANY salt or preservatives in our Italian recipes. We take pride in selecting and serving our food in Southern Maine and have continued this tradition for over 30 years. We are located in a restored 1850 farm house with wide beams and pumpkin pine hard wood floors, several small dining rooms and two larger rooms. Enjoy our small espresso bar, where full liquor is available and local beers are on tap. Small plates of our gourmet dishes are also available. Have fun watching a big game on our flat screen TV while enjoying the warmth of our working fireplace.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We chose to return to Roberto's on a recent visit to Kittery/Ogunquit, this time with our daughter and soon to be husband. Once again, we had a delicous meal with excellent service. I believe our servers name was Daniel, a very friendly fellow from Eastern Europe. He was attentive, provided knowledgeable wine service, and made our visit enjoyable for all. We will be returning to Ogunquit later this summer, and have already made reservations for a repeat visit.

1  Thank Fred S

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We have dinner here every year we are in town , Roberto's has never disappointed us. Great dinner everytime we go.

2  Thank Rich M
KathyCammarota, Owner at Roberto's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Peter,

Thank you for dining with us and taking the time to write such a nice review! We work hard to purchase the best quality food, prepare to order and serve you with the level you deserve. We have been very fortunate to have such loyal guests and we want to continue our relationships. I will pass on your kind words as we have met your expectations! Thank you again and looking forward to serving you in the future.
Warn regards,
Kathy Cammarota

Reviewed 29 May 2014

After reading some of the reviews we were a bit concerned about trying Roberto's but there were enough positive reviews to give it a try plus we love Italian food. It was early in the week and the restaurant was not really busy which was actually nice. We were seated immediately and the decor of the restaurant was very traditional yet modern and clean. We ordered the two for $55 meal which included an appetizer, entree and desert for the two of us. Our server was very polite. At times we went without a drink refill for a period of time as the server tended to get sidetracked but we were in no hurry to eat and leave so it was tolerable. Some customers might be upset with this and this is an area we encourage Roberto's to watch so as to avoid negative feedback. Our food was excellent. I had the shrimp fettuccine and my wife had the lasagna. Both were plentiful and flavorful. Overall we were very satisfied and will be back.

1  Thank Peter M

Dear Peter,
Thank you for taking the time to visit Roberto's and now to write a review. I am so happy you enjoyed your experience and I appreciate your feedback regarding water refills. I have spoken to our team members and we will work on this. We realize you have many choices for dinner, and we thank you for choosing Roberto's. Looking forward to serving you again. Warm regards,
Kathy Cammarots

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We visited on Saturday night. We had a reservation and were promptly seated. The staff was friendly and fantastic. We got the antipasto for two, very large, fresh and delicious. Our meals were great and the timing between courses was perfect...not rushed at all on such a busy night. We ended our visit with cocktails at the bar and again I cannot say enough about the staff. Customer service was fantastic. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank SPBlanchette
KathyCammarota, Owner at Roberto's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Ms. Blanchette

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to write such nice words about us. We try & work very hard to please our guest. We realize you have choices and we appreciate that you had a nice dining experience. Our team enjoys taking care of our guests. Without you we are nothing. I will pass this alon and thank you once again.
We hope you are able to pass by and see us again while you are in our beautiful town.
Warm regards,
Kathy Cammarota
Robertos

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We have been to Roberto's probably over 25 times and for many years...a favorite as we love Italian food...this time we saw a change:
1) Carefully chose restaurant for dinner after walking across the street at lunchtime during our walk to read the "glass menu box" to see if they still had the Sunset menu..3 course special...saw it and decided to go that evening Sunday May 25
2) Was seated and told no Sunset menu on holiday weekend..ok, I understand this...but why not take the sheet out of the window box so we know ahead of time...no effort to do so..
3) So...NO SALAD is included with entrees priced OVER 20.00 and for a standard chicken parmesan or eggplant parmesan..so we ordered it separately
4) the waitress was the nicest but not trained on wine service...never fill the glasses to the top and keep returning to the table to do this over and over...people like to sip red wine and let it breathe...slow ...not a rush...had to tell her not to pour our wine, could see this was a lack of training as she returned to the table frequently to ask how everything was...but a bit too frequent...the water filling waiter did this also...too many refills...need to space it out a bit...this is too much service, makes dining a bit uneasy....
5) freshness and taste of food...Marinara sauce did not taste fresh (lacking flavor)
eggplant parmesan hard to cut with knife, but flavor was lacking freshness...husbands chicken parmesan was tough and just not good in taste...
6) I have had many great dinners here, so not sure what is happening...different chef, prepared too far ahead ....
The ambiance is gorgeous as is the expanded dining room and new elegant tiled large bathrooms...but food is lacking, value is lacking, service is overdone.
After leaving we spent $100.00, and did not feel good about our last night in Ogunquit in choosing this for our last dinner.

2  Thank chiantiConnecticut
KathyCammarota, Owner at Roberto's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Chianti Conneticut,
I am so sorry to read this review especially from one of our long time guests. I am familiar with you & your husband and sorry for your experience. I am sorry we did not have sunset special for you. I could have gladly made an exception, and I'm sure this was dissapointing for you. I have talked with the server regarding your experience. It's my understanding from your server there was discussion regarding the amount of wine to order. A 1/2 Ltr of wine was ordered to start, then another 1/2 ltr was ordered durng the meal. The server must order this per your request, thus the charge. I understand when the bill was presented you were dissapointed you were charged accordingly and we made the $10.00 adjustment for you. I am sorry that you did not feel the tomato sauce was fresh, I can assure you that we had just made our tomato sauce, esp on such a busy weekend. I wished you have voiced your concerns regarding the entrees, again the eggplant & chicken parmesean made to order, and if not satisfactory,we will always try to please.The server says she checked back several times, and no displeasure was made. Our mission is to make our guest great food. Our chef's have returned for another season. I wished you had given us the opportunity to correct anything that you felt was no perfect, as we strive for customer service. We would rather try to correct at the table then read unhappy reviews. Its not helpful for anyone. I hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again. With warm regards, Kathy Cammarota