“Still the Best”

Amore Breakfast
Price range: US$10 - US$16
Cuisines: American
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A fun, retro décor serving the finest breakfast in Ogunquit! CLOSED FOR THE SEASON NOVEMBER 1ST-REOPENING APRIL 1ST
Princeton, NJ
“Still the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

If you want bacon and eggs with hash browns and toast, go to a diner. If, however, you want to treat yourself to something special one morning, go to Amore in Ogunquit.

They have a wide array of omlettes with very creative combinations of ingredients. For example, I had the "Mama Mia" which includes Italian sausage, onions and Provolone cheese (photo). Just great.

They also have some very creative and very good waffles. The other person had the granola waffle (photo) with a side crispy bacon. It was wonderful.

I have been going to Amore for years and one of their signature items has always been delicious muffin tops - "the best part of the muffin." I had a wonderful blueberry muffin top (photo).

Weekends during the summer usually means a wait for a table but the good news is that, while you wait, Amore provides complimentary coffee. Very thoughtful and very civilized.

Milton, Massachusetts
“RUDE!!!!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

The hostess was so RUDE! We had six in our party she said it would be 45 minutes. I said we can split up she said probably would not make a difference. My husband 10 minutes later said is it ok it we sit at counter. She said I guess if you are in a hurry. We went in and sat a the counter there were 7 to 8 empty tables at all time so why 45 minute wait???? She talked about customers after they left sitting at the counter we could hear everything and I think I saw her pocket a tip!!

Food was great and our server was the best --

GET RID OF THE RUDE HOSTESS!!!

2 Thank Cindy O
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quality Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited this great little place for breakfast this week and were pleasantly surprised with a cheery waitstaff and tasty food from a menu full of tasty breakfast treats.

Def. worth waiting in line!

Skaneateles, NY
“Outstanding breakfast experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

There are several top-notch breakfast spots in Ogunquit- a necessity since many of the hotels do not provide breakfast here. Amore is definitely my favorite (The Wild Blueberry would be the other one I enjoy). Unless you are there before 8:00am, you will most likely have to wait. They have a great system, however. They give you a pager, coffee, and a nice place to sit outside while you are waiting. The hostess is super friendly. The interior of the restaurant is so cute , all done with red, black, and white. It is clean and bright. The larger tables are all different and look to be antiques. I had the lemon bread French toast with blueberries and it was AMAZING!! Our server was fantastic and efficient. I would definitely come back!

Portland, Maine
“Service, Food, Coffee and Price are all very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Breakfast on the 16th was very good. I had the corned beef hash with my eggs over and toast. The hash was excellent and done so right. My wife had eggs over the potato pancakes that included sausages and bacon as well as toast. She enjoyed it a great deal and it was a ton of food, though I was glad to help her out on it. Service was excellent and just right. We both loved the coffee too. We will certainly be back to this center of Yum and it is easy to see why they are celebrating 20 years here.