“Quiet stay”

Ranked #12 of 26 Ogunquit B&B and Inns
Schaumburg, Illinois
“Quiet stay”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Rooms are clean and bright. Pleasing and efficient staff. Awesome location. Recommend to everyone.

Great food next door at Five-O Shore Road and Caffe Prego, especially gelatos - reminded me of gelatos near Pantheon.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I've stayed at the inn twice and have really enjoyed each stay. After visiting several other b&b s and hotels in ogunquit, this is by far my favorite.

Torri is a gracious, knowledgeable and accommodating host. She took care of every request that we made.

The location is very central - next to cafe prego and fiveo restaurants and steps from the beach and marginal way.

I highly recommend the inn!

Reviewed 25 July 2013

My girlfriend and I were looking for a fun weekend in ogunquit. We had just had a wonderful dinner at five O and decided to spend the night. Tori is not only an amazing hostess at the restaurant but manages an inn right down the road in the heart of ogunquit. She graciously set us up in a beautifully redecorated room with a bathroom to die for and a balcony looking over the main street through the town. The inn was incredibly clean, very well decorated with beautiful art and pictures from Venice. You couldn't ask for a better hostess and inn keeper. Our fun dinner turned into a weekend to remember because of Tori's hospitality and genuine kindness. We will be back soon. Thank you.

B

Boston, MA and Goteborg, Sweden
Reviewed 23 July 2013

First and foremost, this was not our inn of choice, as we are regular visitors to Ogunquit. Our godchildren were visiting from Sweden and I called that 'other inn'-- the one who told me my "kids were not welcome." This 'other inn proprietor' recommended I call The Inn on Shore Road, a newly renovated property acquired by the owners of Five-0 ( a neighboring restaurant a few doors down ) that "didn't have much recognition as of yet, and you may have better luck there with children." Luck does not even begin to describe our stay, as you should discover the hospitality for yourself.

On a Monday morning in June, I immediately dialed The Inn on Shore Road after its referral. For those of you with the experience of staying at an Inn, one would understand the hectic breakfasts, needs of the current guests and check-out processes to expect a real person....wait...that actually answered the phone! Really, no answering machine? No - I'll call you back? ---

Enter Torri: A well spoken, informed, helpful and patient inn keeper that is as charming on the phone as she is in person. When I was a little flustered with my scheduling, Torri actually took the time, explaining the various room options to me; their availability, pricing differentials due to added room amenities and the location of each room in the inn to meet my specific needs. In fact, she was so specific that I asked to call back due to my own perplexities on making a final decision. Guess what? I called back in ten minutes and she answered the phone again. The decision was made. I booked two rooms, provided a one night credit card guarantee and there was a confirmation e-mail received by my inbox within fifteen minutes.

CONVENIENCE: As we drove into Ogunquit via Route One north, taking a right on Shore Road, and then a quick right in the driveway before the Inn, we had arrived. The Inn sits back off the road with an inviting front yard, complete with wooden adirondack chairs and an accompanying swing. I remember this property from years past and notice it looks quite different. It is more serene and complimentary to its neighbors, as well as its improved landscaping.

Upon check-in Torri explained the property's layout, breakfast set-up and a few of those other little details that make you feel welcome and informed. We were very impressed with her communication skills, personal presentation and her willingness to go above and beyond. It was obvious: Her goal was our satisfaction!

In distinction to its location, The Inn on Shore Road is within a one minute walk to the center of Ogunquit, a two minute jaunt to a Marginal Way egress and a five minute walk to the beach via Wharf Lane and the boardwalk. For all of this was our convenience.

COMFORT: Our accommodation of two rooms were in the rear of the property, separated by the main house ( which is attached ) and Shore Road. Whether we were in our guest rooms or sitting at one of the lime green bistro tables with two chairs directly in front of each room's entrance, virtual silence was upon us. Although, I would like to point out that we were a little weary of the six parking spaces abutting the rear property. With the potential of car doors constantly shutting or any other clamor caused by the guests using their vehicles.... WAIT!!! This is Ogunquit, where you park your car and leave it, a walking town by the sea: Concern dismissed.

Upon entering the rooms, we found an enticing queen sized bed in an extremely clean room. In fact, this bed was so enticing due to its appearance, that I gently flopped directly on the bed in our room. Its accompanying pillows, high textured sheets, and decorative yet useful half-folded blanket rivaled that of some well known, costly hotels which we have stayed. I understand that the inn is fairly new, so we are hopeful that these bedding amenities remain to this high standard and are replaced as time and use permit.

One of our rooms was a standard room, complete with a dresser, ample closet space and bathroom just the right size for its use. The other room, at a slightly higher price, had a small pull out love seat, a little kitchenette area inclusive of a small sink, microwave oven and excess counter space that led to a good sized bathroom from the sleeping area. This is in addition to the same furnishings as the standard room. The only issue we found with both bathrooms was the lack of space for our toiletries. Therefore, items were either stored in our kits or on the dresser.

In both of our rooms we found a hair dryer, a small refrigerator, and a 32" flatscreen television hanging on the wall directly in front of the bed. Additionally, there was air conditioning, the most coveted amenity for this particular visit, as the temperatures soared into the 90's during our stay.

During our visit, we had breakfast twice. The service provided by the attentive and always smiling staff was consistent to this experience. The presentation and cleanliness of the buffet style serving area was impressive. However, in comparison to other inns, I found the selection to be limited. The continental breakfast provided is enough to start your day, but if you are looking for those Maine blueberry pancakes or any other breakfast 'dish du jour', you may have to take a short jaunt to a dining locale. For all of the aforementioned, this was our comfort.

As in any new business, there are always a few kinks to be worked out. The inn was very receptive to suggestions, compliments as well as complaints that I witnessed. I never heard an excuse made, but actual conversation on things that were being worked on and how they were dealing with the specific issues. Namely, I mentioned the outside night lighting for safety that made me think it was daylight a few times I woke up at 2:30 and 4:00 a.m.. Well, they are working on it; through dimmer wattage bulbs or motion detector timing devices, I have faith this will be rectified upon my return. I also found myself with the need for a small trash receptacle in the breakfast area. I felt like a bother constantly asking staff members to take a napkin or any other object that needed to be tossed. I was told that a trash barrel would look untidy in the area, but I saw some other guests put unwanted items on the table-- even more untidy, but it was cleaned up quickly by the attentive staff.

I would like to mention few bonus facts that should not be overlooked. This is a pet friendly inn, and we stayed in a pet friendly room, even though we did not have a pet. There was no evidence any animal was ever in this room, as our godson is allergic to pet dander, and he had no reaction !! Also, they love to recycle, so you better too.....take notice of the large dumpster in the rear of the property for 'recycling only' next to the much smaller garbage barrel for regular trash. Each room is equipped with separate trash containers to assist in recycling. Remember, the chamber maid makes your bed, don't make them separate your trash. Tip them well, they do a great job!

CONTENTMENT: We are so pleased at 'the other inn' for steering us down Shore Road. Through the tranquility in relation to its location, genuine care of its guests and their well being, The Inn on Shore Road will see us again. For all of our comfort and convenience, this is why we are now content staying with The Inn on Shore Road.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Matthias E
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We recently had the pleasure of staying in Ogunquit for a family gathering. My husband, son and I were more than comfortable in the 2 room suite at the Inn on Shore Road. We had a private bedroom/bath with a small kitchenette and a living room with a sleeper sofa - perfect! I wish we had stayed longer. The inn is right in the middle of everything. Close walk to the ocean and Marginal Way. There is every kind of shop and restaurant you can imagine right outside the door. The inn keeper, Torri, is wonderful! She made us feel right at home. If you are planning a trip to Maine, this is definitely a place you will want to stay.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with children, the 2 room suite is great.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Just have to say what a wonderful stay we had. The staff was nice and helpful. The breakfast was delicious, from the muffins to the quiche. And the location...great! We were able to walk everywhere, the beach walk is across the street. Hope to go back this fall.

Providence, Rhode Island, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My partner and I needed a pet friendly room to celebrate his 50th birthday. Neither of us had ever been to Ogunquit and had no idea where to stay. I found the website for the Inn on Shore Road and saw that it was newly renovated and had pet friendly rooms.
I called and spoke to Torri the Inn Keeper and she suggested a room for us.
I looked at several maps and thought the Inn was away from Main St but looked close enough.
When we arrived in Ogunquit I was amazed to find that the Inn IS the center of town, there is no more perfect location to stay.
Torri greeted us with the warmest and friendliest smile.
The room was clean, spacious and comfortable.
The linens were the softest I had ever slept on.
The towels were so plush they did not irritate the sunburn I got on our 2nd 4th and 5th days.
The daily breakfast was delicious and plentiful and varied.
The housekeeping staff was accommodating to us and our dog, cleaning the room only when we were ready.
Torri was very helpful in recommending places to dine after a few bad experiences in town. The sister properties Five-o and Cafe Prego both had delicious food and excellent staff.
Torri was more than an Inn Keeper, she acted as concierge. She was an angel. After a week I felt like part of the family and was sad to leave.
We could not have found a better place to stay, a home away from home.
We will be back again very soon and will recommend the Inn on Shore Road to all our friends.
Miss you already Torri!!! Thanks again for the jeans!!!

Room Tip: Call and speak to Torri, explain your needs and she will guide you.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple