“Awful timeshire scam group”

InnSeason Resort The Falls at Ogunquit
Ranked #24 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
Boston
“Awful timeshire scam group”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2007

Yup, another one dumb enough to see what their timeshare was about. But I took my sister who is a lawyer: funny actually. And yes, same experience and observations as rest of the posters: shady people, sales person's face turned into Satan when after one hour of nonsense I said: enough. But did cash in on the local restarant gift certificate -- that was fun! Frankly, the property - or what they showed us is nice - but not too special. Their draw is their locations throughout New England, but their pitch is geared for this worldwide network that you have absolutely no way of ensuring you'll get your reservations. For example, they touted Disney properties -- forget it. Not happening. The fees and charges beyond what you have to pay for your timeshare nonsense is just criminal. Stay away, stay away, stay away.

• Liked — leaving it
  • Disliked — taking the time to travel there
  • Stayed March 2007
34 Thank pagemaker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2006

I checked this message board after I booked a 2 night stay @ the Falls for our 1st trip to Ogunquit and honestly I was very nervous after reading what others had posted. However upon arriving I was pleasantly surprised. Room was cozy and clean, even though the master bedroom was kind of small to include the jacuzzi, we definitely had no problem using it (and enjoying it!)

Customer service at the resort was excellent and since I definitely plan on returning to Ogunquit (we loved Perkins Cove) I'd definitely stay @ the Falls again, although I recieved a deal for this stay, $219 for both nights w/ a dinner at our choice of restaurant nearby. Not sure if I'd pay $200 a night though.

• Liked — kitchen in room
  • Tips/Secrets — tryo to get deal on their website
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9 Thank Gary S
princeton jct
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2006

We were interested in staying here because it is basically a timeshare resort so we thought we'd have the same amenities that timeshares have to offer. Wrong! There were only a few orrganized activities, there was no game room with a ping pong or a pool table as we anticipated. The resort had a nice pool but in terms of the actual room suite which was supposed to be a luxurious, it was not. Yes, it had a jacuzzi in the bedroom but since the bedroom wasn't big, it felt uncomfortable taking a luxurious bath, the air conditioner was very noisy so we shut it off at night and were very hot, the bed was uncomfortable, and the living room/kitchen area was nothing special, the furniture was very plain and unattractive. Also the lighting was on the dingy side. One of the attendants at the front desk was sarcastic. For the money, I'd sooner stay at the new Hampton Inn up the road in Wells. Although Ogunquit is a better location, Wells was only 5 minutes north and the Hampton Inn was brand new decorated beautifully with large rooms with microwaves and small refrigerators.

• Disliked — Rooms were not very large, were uncomfortable, and were not decorated nicely.
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9 Thank ksmcenroe
Wayland, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2006

The room was a very good size.

It is in a very convenient location - a short 5 minute walk to the beach, and some nice breakfast and dinner restraunts close by.

My family is picky (my wife and 3 children), and they enjoyed their stay. I'd recommend it,

• Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
6 Thank crbob
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2006

Let me start by saying that if you have found this because you Won 4 "free airline tickets" and you are checking google to see if it is real, be very happy that you have been warned. Earlier this year, I recieved a call from Inn Season telling me I had "won" the tickets and all I had to do was come up and get it. I filled out a raffel at the wine festival and figured this sounds good but also sketchy. So I said fine, made an appointment and hung up. I called back later and asked for a manager. I asked straight out if there were any strings attached or conditions of use with the tickets and the manager assured me that they were voutures that I could use as I pleased. Now lets fast foward:

I arrived on time and sat with a salesperson who was rude, and offended my girlfriend a number of times. She asked very personal questions about us, stuff that is absolutly non of their business and unrelated to me buying a timeshare. The applied as much pressure as possible and would not let us leave until I was firm about it. Finally we found out that the plane tickets were bogus. They are only valid if you stay at their resorts at an inflated price for a required amount of time. At this point we decided to leave. The manager was condocending to us and told me that nothing is free in life. They were rude and I don't recomend ever going there.

Also, the grounds looked like a best western with a little extra landscaping. This place is a shady operation be advised.

• Stayed February 2006
73 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2006

We recently spent five night at The Falls in Ogunquit on an exchange with Interval Internataional. The unit was on the second floor and appeared to be very nice when we first arrived. However, we soon discovered that the unit was very uncomfortable. It was hot in the sitting area because the unit has only a room air conditiioner in the bedroom. The furniture was really uncomfortable..couch, two chairs, and the bed which had a new pillow mat. pad that was really uncomfortable.
We enjoyed our stay in the Ogunquit area and would return, but not to The Falls. In fact, we cut our trip short by two nights because of the uncomfortable unit.

• Stayed June 2006
16 Thank lindapea
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2006

The Falls is a great place to stay for your Maine excersions. My wife and I enjoyed a weekend stay over Feb. Vacation. The one bedroom suites are comfortable, and clean and I love the jacuzi bathtube in the bed room. The room contains a limited kitchen if you care to eat in. We prefer to eat at the many reasurants along the coast. Try Mikes Clam Shack down the road in Wells, a great sudgestion from the front dest for fried clams. Avoid the Clam digger across the street my wife and I were both disappoint with our lunch there on a summer day trip in the area. The staff is friendly and can provide sudjestions on where to go in the area. The indoor pool is clean and well maintained, we didn't get to check out the dry sauna but they have one. It's a short walk to Footwalk beach and when in season the trolly can take you to other points in town. The Maine coast is a wonderful place to visit and you should be happy with the Falls to enjoy it from.

• Stayed February 2006