“Great Fries, but what happened to my crabmeat sandwich”

Charlie's Restaurant
Ranked #64 of 101 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Reviewed 17 October 2012

One of the reasons we love the beach at Ogunquit is the ability to walk close by for food. Grab some rays, look at your watch, and it's 1pm - time for lunch. Charlie's is a take out stand on the road perpendicular to the beach. We look forward to it. This year, we ordered our usually assortment of food - hot dog for teen boy, salads for the ladies, the crabmeat sandwich served on a toasted New England hot dog roll with bag of chips for Mr. Nugget, and fries all around for us. The fries are great - similar to Nathans, but better. The hot dog is nothing special, but that's OK. Salads were fine. But the crabmeat sandwich - something was missing. Maybe it was my taster, I don't know, but it wasn't as I remember. It was rather bland this year. I'm willing to give it another shot next year.

2  Thank mrnugget

Reviewed 12 September 2012

close to beach and good prices French fires were very good and lobster bisque was excellent good portions

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Homemade fries, literally just like mom used to make. I had the clam strip basket, which was averagely priced for the area. My sister had a hot dog and fries and a lemonade which, at almost $8, seemed pretty pricey.

1  Thank carivt
Reviewed 28 August 2012

For years we looked forward to getting Charlie's lobster bisque which was delicious and full of lobster chunks. Now it's just a bowl of flavored milk without even a shred of lobster. What a rip off, especially with the price of lobster so low this year.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Stopped by to get a bite to eat. Overpriced and poor quality. $5 for a hamburger with nothing but a bun, meat, and a tiny slice of pickle? you've got to be kidding me. Even McDonalds is better than that. The clam chowder that my husband got was old and overcooked. The cashier was unnecessary rude, treated us like dummies. Never go there again.

1  Thank annamcelhany