I was looking for a little hotel I could run away to for 1 night with a nice view. boy did I score. It was simple and perfect for my little get away. My room had a little kitchen- which I only used the fridge of but having it deeply induced my desire to stay longer. Being off season but on a weekend- it was not very private- but I didn't need private. The boardwalk to the beach was directly below my room and we nodded and smiled and shared a few hellos with those walking below the deck. I could see the sunrise from my bed- I turned around and put my head where my feet were suppose to be and watched the sunrise over the ocean. The walls were paper thin - and me being a light sleeper- well If it was summer time - you might wanna bring along some ear plugs as we could hear the man snoring in the room next to us (or was it two rooms over). I'm guessing he was pretty loud though.. we were laughing a lot (my friend and I sharing some stories from our childhood) so no complaints on his snoring from me-laugh. Anyway, the bathroom was on the small side but the bath soaps were wonderful. I wish we had booked 2 nights instead of 1. It's perfect for walking into town. My room was perfect for the view. Wish again I had more time and a book with me. It was super close to the beach. Everything was just as I had hoped it would be. Breakfast was bagels, juice, coffee some fruit. Your continental- simple but enough. I think during peak season if you are looking for something "romantic" and a bit removed- this might be to close to the action of a spot for you but if you are with your kids, a friend or family member this was a perfect location. They did have rooms that were not on top of the boardwalk area but if you don't mind people and you are the social type- this was perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a walk away from Ogunquit's beautiful beach, fine dining and shopping, the Terrace By The Sea is a perfect location to fully enjoy the heart of Ogunquit and what our town has to offer. Six buildings, three offering gorgeous oceanfront rooms, an extended continental breakfast, complimentary high-speed internet, heated outdoor pool, and much more. Come enjoy oceanfront accommodations from our point of view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Terrace by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terrace By The Sea Hotel Ogunquit
- Terrace By The Sea Ogunquit, Maine