“ocean view room”

Ranked #21 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
Marlborough, Massachusetts
“ocean view room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

I was looking for a little hotel I could run away to for 1 night with a nice view. boy did I score. It was simple and perfect for my little get away. My room had a little kitchen- which I only used the fridge of but having it deeply induced my desire to stay longer. Being off season but on a weekend- it was not very private- but I didn't need private. The boardwalk to the beach was directly below my room and we nodded and smiled and shared a few hellos with those walking below the deck. I could see the sunrise from my bed- I turned around and put my head where my feet were suppose to be and watched the sunrise over the ocean. The walls were paper thin - and me being a light sleeper- well If it was summer time - you might wanna bring along some ear plugs as we could hear the man snoring in the room next to us (or was it two rooms over). I'm guessing he was pretty loud though.. we were laughing a lot (my friend and I sharing some stories from our childhood) so no complaints on his snoring from me-laugh. Anyway, the bathroom was on the small side but the bath soaps were wonderful. I wish we had booked 2 nights instead of 1. It's perfect for walking into town. My room was perfect for the view. Wish again I had more time and a book with me. It was super close to the beach. Everything was just as I had hoped it would be. Breakfast was bagels, juice, coffee some fruit. Your continental- simple but enough. I think during peak season if you are looking for something "romantic" and a bit removed- this might be to close to the action of a spot for you but if you are with your kids, a friend or family member this was a perfect location. They did have rooms that were not on top of the boardwalk area but if you don't mind people and you are the social type- this was perfect.

Room Tip: We had room 119 and it was perfect water front for us-but if you want to be romantic and just the tw...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Rye Brook, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

I can never get up to Terrace by the Sea enough times!! I stay there 5 or 6 times per season from Memorial Day Wekend through Columbus Day Weekend. The rooms are spacious and clean, and the grounds are always well maintained. The breakfast is terrific and the staff is always friendly and helpful! I always have a wonderful time and I can't wait for my next trip!!

Room Tip: Stay in the Deluxe Motel. Big rooms and great views!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Scott M
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Our second time at this motel. This time, we stayed (only one night) in a second floor room in the Inn building. Our bedroom was very nice. Quite spacious, clean and comfortable. We had a partial view of the shore, which was very nice. The free continental breakfast was adequate. Fresh bagels and other breads, fruits, cereals, but nothing extra special. There is a nice area overlooking the town beach, with plenty of lounge chairs in which to relax. Proximity to the beach, the Marginal Way and the Ogunquit shops could not be much better. The proprieters/service folks were very pleasant and helpful. The price was certainly in line with other inns/motels in the area. As with most facilities, we recommend staying in a second floor (top floor) room, to avoid being disturbed from an above room. We stayed in the room below this one during our first trip, and heard footsteps above late into the night. That said, we would still return to the Terrace by the Sea.

Room Tip: As mentioned, we like the second floor in a two story facility (as long as you don't mind carryi...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Stowe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

We like Terrace by the Sea and stay there often when we visit Ogunquit in the off season. It is clean and comfortable ... not fancy, but feels like home. We enjoy the staff; it's nice to come back to the same faces each year. They are very pleasant, helpful and friendly!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Center Barnstead, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

My Husband and I have returned from our second wonderful runaway to Terrace. Darlene is just a perfect person and Sergio has an eye for detail about what is needed for a "break" that it is like he was reading our minds. The room is spotless, the porch divine. The breakfast each morning is amazing and we love our room. Already planning on running away again next year. Fall on the Maine coast is mesmerizing. Thank you Darlene, you are a love!

Room Tip: Look at the property, talk with reception, they offer such an array of rooms that there is bound to...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

My friends and i stayed at the Terrace By The Sea.We were very happy we stay there,When we check in the receptionist was so pleasant and welcoming.We stayed for 4 nights.continental breakfast in the mornings was fresh and nice,the place was spotless and clean,my house keeper Charmaine was the best,Darlene is the best reccptionists i have ever met in my travellings she greets us with a smile every morning and make sure we were comfortable,The breakfast lady Joan she always comes out and great us with a lovely smile and make sure everything was ok.We will be back ,Terrace by the sea will be our home away from home. Thank u Darlene,joan and Charmaine for making out stay at the Terrace a pleasant one,see u next year.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Southwest New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

Stayed here in mid-October. We had lovely weather but if it had been pouring rain it would have been great. Terrace by the Sea is warm, friendly and the room (321) was perfect for 3 friends on a long weekend. The location is right in town, no need to get in your car for meals, entertainment, etc.

Room Tip: They have many types of rooms, ask the front desk before booking. Some have parking lots right outsi...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends