The rooms are quite large and comfortable. This has a motel feel to it as the buildings all have exits directly to the parking lot, and parking is limited and assigned to your room. If you would like an ocean view be sure to ask for one as many rooms view only the parking lot. The staff was probably the most helpful and friendly group of people we encountered in all of our travels. I can't say enough good things about them. They seemed genuinely happy to meet us. The breakfast was continental with an assortment of fresh fruit, pastries, and cereal. We ate on the porch and enjoyed the sun and ocean breeze.
I have only one major complaint. When traveling with my family, we expected the wifi to work as this is very important to the teenagers you know. In all honesty though, it's important to us as well in that we often want to look up restaurants, attractions, etc. And this is doubly important as the cell phone coverage is extremely spotty at best. We had at least six different devices, and only two of them could connect to the wifi. The front desk gave us all the codes we needed to connect, but the connection was as slow as molasses in January. This is the only reason I marked them down. They might as well not offer wifi as it really isn't an option at all. Some days it would take overnight to even get connected. And from there, good luck trying to pull anything up on your device.
Lastly, the room price seems a little steep. But as everyone knows, you get what you pay for, and this place is great. Beach access is close and very convenient. We'd definitely stay here again. Just don't depend on good wifi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a walk away from Ogunquit's beautiful beach, fine dining and shopping, the Terrace By The Sea is a perfect location to fully enjoy the heart of Ogunquit and what our town has to offer. Six buildings, three offering gorgeous oceanfront rooms, an extended continental breakfast, complimentary high-speed internet, heated outdoor pool, and much more. Come enjoy oceanfront accommodations from our point of view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Terrace by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terrace By The Sea Hotel Ogunquit
- Terrace By The Sea Ogunquit, Maine