“Perfect Place in Ogunquit..!”
Review of Terrace by the Sea

Terrace by the Sea
Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Perfect Place in Ogunquit..!”
Reviewed 23 July 2010

We loved every minute of our stay at this beautiful place...I cant think of any other place that has a better location than this one...! and the view.........

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
boston
Reviewed 7 July 2010

We arrived late morning for our stay, fully aware of standard check-in procedures and policies, not expecting to check in until later. We requested if room were ready sooner, could we check in. Front desk staff barked at us, " check in time is 3:00!" We acknowledged that policy and said, "no problem." We saw the previous guests leaving the room that we had been assigned, it was 11:00 AM. We went to beach and came back at 2:15 and peeked in the windows, room was ready. We went back in and asked politely if we could go into the room. Front desk barked, "check in is at 3PM!" It went downhill from there for the 4 days we stayed there. From being stared down by the fornt desk staff when toting my visiting toddler grand baby in and rudely told, "no children allowed at the pool if not staying here." I assured her we were on our way to the beach. I overheard the 2 front desk women treating other guests in the same manner throughout our stay, including one instructing our neighboring guest how to use the key on a difficult door lock. The poor woman was nearly in tears when we stepped in and showed her how it worked on our door. Can't believe such a hospitable owner would allow his staff to act so inappropriately to guests.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank snapierfha
nh
Reviewed 10 June 2010

was up in Ogunquit for the holiday weekend cause the weather had changed. and my friends had begged me to stay over night. i was walking up the road to start my hunt ofr a room. and i had seen the Terrace going threw the remodle and figured i take a chance. well i had a King size room OMG the bed was the best sleep i had. the room size was the biggest room i have every had. the value of the room was well worth it. and the location .... just as good. and really loved the pool which was a great welcome home after being on the beach. i will put this on one of my places to stay......

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
New Hampshire
Reviewed 2 June 2010

Went with my sister for the Memorial Day weekend. The room was huge!!!. I have to say the bed was one of the best I have ever slept on. Hotel was very close to the beach, Marginal Way, and the shops and restaurant s. The only complaint I have was there was no coffee maker in the room for nighttime tea. Overall review was I was very happy with the room and the hotel. I would stay there again in a minute...

Stayed May 2010
Amherst, NH
Reviewed 1 June 2010

This is a very pretty place with wonderful oceanfront views. I loved the breakfast outside on the wrap around porch with the ocean just steps away. I always like to find two sinks in the bathrooms so more than one person can get ready and this place has them. One in the large bathroom and one outside near the refrigerator.
We did not stay in the main inn, we stayed in an adjacent building hotel loft room #134. It was magnificent and had a wonderful view of the ocean and the sunrise! Get up before 5:30am and yes you will see the sunrise! I sure wished there was a computer for guests to use in the lobby and a coffee maker in the room or available so I did not have to go to the main inn to get coffee or tea before continental breakfast was served.
This is a place where you can walk to everything...beach, shopping, restaurants and the trolley stop. I rode the trolley all around Ogunquit and Wells and had a great time!
You have to try this hotel once in your lifetime!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Wayland, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 May 2010

Decided at the last second to take the family up to Ogunquit. I was concerned that I was able to actually get a room within 24 hours of Memorial Day weekend. We truly lucked out by finding Terrace by the Sea. You can't get a better location right off the main street and right next to the beach. We did not spend a lot of time on the grounds but they looked nice. Decent heated pool, chairs overlooking the water etc. The people were friendly, service was excellent. The free continental breakfast was a nice touch.

We stayed in one of the motel rooms away from the main house. It was clean, beds were comfortable and it was quiet. I brought my kids but similar to what another reviewer mentioned, we didn't see other children.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank pmoran6
Los Angeles
Reviewed 9 January 2010

Stayed in October- Columbus Day weekend which was crazy busy in Ogunquit. I was part of a small group traveling to see Fall Foliage. We had to find our room in the dark which luckily a good map was left for us on the front door... comfortable beds, clean room, bathroom was modern and we found plenty of plug-ins!! In the morning the best part was how close we were to an amazing beach !! And if we had known we probably would have grabbed breakfast too but we were up at the crack of dawn to go photograph! The downside was our room was upstairs and with all our gear it was a drag.. plus the people below probably hated us for all the noise we made trying to get in. Overall I would stay again but request a room on lower level.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends