“Great Location, room could have been better”
Review of Terrace by the Sea

Terrace by the Sea
Ranked #25 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
Morris, Connecticut
“Great Location, room could have been better”
Reviewed 22 September 2010

My husband and I have stayed at Terrace by the Sea for a number of years. The location is great. This year, for the first time, we stayed in the main house. Although the room was clean and bright it was VERY small and located in the lobby. So if you go, you may want to avoid room #100 unless you want to feel like your sleeping in a closet.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank seastheday5578

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Tivoli, New York
Reviewed 17 August 2010

I just read some reviews and must admit the desk staff is not as good as it was last year, or the year before etc. We have stayed at the Terrace 3 years now, and will be staying for a week next August also. The rooms are superb, all clean, spacious, well-maintained, and our room has an ocean view that cannot be topped. Assigned parking is new this year, and works very nicely.
Having started with the desk staff, I will now say that some of the desk staff is from years past, very knowledgeable about Ogunquit, very friendly, very helpful. Perhaps next year they all will be like that.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Doctor_Zakal
NH
Reviewed 10 August 2010

We are frequent visitors to Ogunquit living only an hour and a half away. Having stayed at many of the resorts in town, we decided to book here since the location is excellent and were able to have a child free vacation. I would not recommend staying here with children. There are better options in town to stay with children. What we loved best about Ogunquit is we park our car and don't use it for our entire time stay, we never need to.

When we arrived at 2:45 (check-in at 3:00) we were told by the woman at the front desk the room wasn't ready. No explanation as to when it would be ready just that is wasn't yet and she didn't know for sure when it would be. She was extremely unfriendly and unpersonable. She did not explain where our room was or how the parking spots coincided with the room or any other explanation of amenities. We waited until 3:10 and returned to see if our room was ready. She seemed annoyed and cursed under her breath when she tried to find the key to our room. Finally, she gave us the key. Our room was was above our expectations. It was recently renovated (we found this out by talking to the head maintenance guy who was very friendly...too bad he didn't work the front desk). We had a private entrance with a little porch, the room was in the original main house. We did not have an ocean view but don't care since we spend very little time in the room. The location of the Hotel could not be better. We power walked the Marginal Way each morning, swam in the heated pool which has the best lounge chairs I have sat in. We then headed to the beach which is a 5 minute walk. There are many fantastic restaurants to choose from all within a minutes walk. Breakfast was plentiful, although crowded. The lawn is beautiful, especially for a late afternoon cocktail. One other annoyance, there is only 1 public bathroom at the Hotel and it is kept locked. I had to use the facility because our room was being cleaned. When I went to the front desk to inquire about the key, no one was there. I waited for over 10 minutes, still nobody came. I then asked one of the girls who was working in the kitchen and she didn't know where the key was. I told her that I needed to use the facility so she let me use the "staff only" bathroom. I have never stayed at a resort where there was no public bathroom for the guests to use. Overall, I loved this hotel and would and will return for sure. Please Hotel Management, give your staff lessons in hospitality!

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2010

We loved every minute of our stay at this beautiful place...I cant think of any other place that has a better location than this one...! and the view.........

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
boston
Reviewed 7 July 2010

We arrived late morning for our stay, fully aware of standard check-in procedures and policies, not expecting to check in until later. We requested if room were ready sooner, could we check in. Front desk staff barked at us, " check in time is 3:00!" We acknowledged that policy and said, "no problem." We saw the previous guests leaving the room that we had been assigned, it was 11:00 AM. We went to beach and came back at 2:15 and peeked in the windows, room was ready. We went back in and asked politely if we could go into the room. Front desk barked, "check in is at 3PM!" It went downhill from there for the 4 days we stayed there. From being stared down by the fornt desk staff when toting my visiting toddler grand baby in and rudely told, "no children allowed at the pool if not staying here." I assured her we were on our way to the beach. I overheard the 2 front desk women treating other guests in the same manner throughout our stay, including one instructing our neighboring guest how to use the key on a difficult door lock. The poor woman was nearly in tears when we stepped in and showed her how it worked on our door. Can't believe such a hospitable owner would allow his staff to act so inappropriately to guests.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank snapierfha
nh
Reviewed 10 June 2010

was up in Ogunquit for the holiday weekend cause the weather had changed. and my friends had begged me to stay over night. i was walking up the road to start my hunt ofr a room. and i had seen the Terrace going threw the remodle and figured i take a chance. well i had a King size room OMG the bed was the best sleep i had. the room size was the biggest room i have every had. the value of the room was well worth it. and the location .... just as good. and really loved the pool which was a great welcome home after being on the beach. i will put this on one of my places to stay......

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
New Hampshire
Reviewed 2 June 2010

Went with my sister for the Memorial Day weekend. The room was huge!!!. I have to say the bed was one of the best I have ever slept on. Hotel was very close to the beach, Marginal Way, and the shops and restaurant s. The only complaint I have was there was no coffee maker in the room for nighttime tea. Overall review was I was very happy with the room and the hotel. I would stay there again in a minute...

Stayed May 2010