“Office Morning Staff Needed”

Ogunquit Resort Motel
Ranked #30 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Have been visiting this motel forever. The office should be open early in the a.m. and someone
available 24/7. Other places have this courtesy, and it's a good feeling. This motel doesn't have the "glad you are here" and the "nice to see you again" feeling. It has gone big business.
Rooms are clean and good appearance. Hot tub is great, and pool, when open.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Thank you for your continued loyalty in staying with us. We appreciate your return visits and will take your suggestion about opening earlier into consideration. We do look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

We have been coming here for about 20 years and each summer is filled with anticipation knowing we will be returning once again. The room is spacious, very clean and well maintained. We love the fact that we park our car upon arrival and hardly use it for the week .....trolley is right there. The pool is wonderful and last but certainly not least, the staff is friendly, and very helpful...... it's like coming home! See you soon :).

Leda and Bob

Room Tip: the rooms with the balcony and fireplace are so spacious and worth it... we love the balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

We look forward to your yearly visit as well! Will work hard to have the sun shining for you. See you soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Have stayed here twice. Great location, and nice hot tub. Rooms are clean. Nothing too fancy, but clean and nice and great location near Ogunquit and Wells.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank missjeepgirl
LeeGatsby, Manager at Ogunquit Resort Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Thank you missjeepgirl! Nice to hear that you enjoy staying with us when you visit Ogunquit. We look forward to having you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

A great weekend to visit the ocean , do some shopping , and stay at a wonderful motel , with great off - season rates ! Have been here before , and the standards are still held very high . Can still get great bargains right through June if you contact soon . Very large room [ superior ] , very clean and comfortable , TV with full cable , DVD player , frig , coffee maker , safe , iron & ironing board ,clock radio and alarm , large bath , hair blower , table and chairs , desk and chair , and ample continental breakfast every morning . [ Good start for the day ...]
The desk staff couldn't be more helpful , ever ready with directions , and ideas for dinner , or sight seeing !
A come back motel , in season or out . Book now for lower in - season rates , you'll be amazed at the savings !

Room Tip: I find the lower rooms nice , as I have a handicap . But many 2nd floor rooms have balconies that fa...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank ANCD
LeeGatsby, Manager at Ogunquit Resort Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Dear ANCD

It was nice reading that you had such a wonderful stay here in Ogunquit. The beach truly is beautiful here, and the shopping's not bad either! : ) I'm happy that you got to enjoy both. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

took the weekend to get away, download, read and get some fresh ocean air. the resort was very clean, convenient and central. front desk personel friendly. room was comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank ernurse41
LeeGatsby, Manager at Ogunquit Resort Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

So glad that you had a nice relaxing weekend with us here in beautiful Ogunquit. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

My spouse and I just returned from a first time stay at the Ogunquit Resort Motel. Our normal Inn wasn't open yet for the year and a need for a quick weekend getaway was in order and after reading the reviews and emailing questions we chose this estabilishment because of the positive reviews..

When booking I had requested the "Save by the Sea Getaway." This included 2 Continental Breakfasts, a $30 gift certificate to a local restaurant ( we picked Maniax) and a late checkout of 1 pm. The room I had requested was one with both a balcony and a fireplace thinking that it would be a neat thing to have a room like this.

When we checked in we were given the room key, when upon entering we discovered a chaise lounge chair, a window overlooking a maintaince yard and the balcony..... no fireplace.... Upon calling the front desk they moved us to another room,(Rm 215) which at this point I was appreciative of. When I changed keys they told me the room I had originally had requested hadn't been "opened" up yet hence the first room they tried to place us in was their choice without explaining it when I gave them my credit card. I don't trust estabilishments that don't really come out with the truth.. .

My spouce is hearing impaired. Which basically means that the use of CCTV was a necessity. What I didn't find thrilling was to continuously have to fight with the TV to get the CCTV to work and after speaking with the staff and they provided the "right" code it still didn't work. My suggestion would be to work with the local cable company (Time Warner) and have the CCTV set up thru their box this way there is no frustration. I read previously that there had been minor issues with the Wi-Fi service we had sporadic service and even if able to connect my Netbook WiFi advised it was "limited service."... Thank God for Androids. I know there is the access to the internet in the lobby but I am leary of using public computers like that as for people to see what was looked at by the last person using the computer.

I will give great kudos to some of the staff: first being the houskeeper who did a great job with our room and to "some" of the desk staff... I must add this bit of input though... Please instruct your lobby staff when the guest mentions that they will be going to a favorite restaurant in Wells ME to keep their opinions to themselves. I was totally turned off by what the one girl said in regards to the BullnClaw which I think is a nice restaurant.

Would I stay here again?? If there were no other places available between Kittery and Kennebunk sure I would. Would I hope that the owners listen to the needs of their guests espically those with special needs??? I would hope they tune in better to that. Not once did the manager reach out to me to see if my issues were dealt with and that bugged me alot.

Room Tip: Make sure to check the room thoroughly prior to bringing in all the luggage. Make sure your needs a...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CMac00068
LeeGatsby, Manager at Ogunquit Resort Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Thank you for your review, and for the compliments to the staff. I apologize for not speaking with you during your stay, but I was not informed of any problem. Sections of our hotel are closed for the winter months and we open them as weather permits. The room that you were moved to that day was indeed just opened and it would not have been available to reserve until that day. Unfortunately Time Warner does not make user-friendly hotel remotes. I have tried for years to get a easy remote, but they are just not available. I wish I could say that would change in the near future, but Time Warner does not have a estimate on that yet.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

Off season bargain...included movie tickets and a dinner voucher. The room was extra big and lovely, very comfy beds. Great staff, plentiful continental breakfast....we really enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maxnana

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again soon.