“Great Price, Great Experience”

Ogunquit Resort Motel
Ranked #30 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
Reviewed 2 June 2007

We've been to Ogunquit before, staying at places right in town and spending a fortune! So this year we decided to stay a little further outside of the center of town and I'm glad we did! The rooms were very spacious, VERY clean, and the desk staff were extremely friendly and made us feel welcomed right away. We stayed in a suite and the hot tub was amazing! When we needed extra towels the housekeeping staff was prompt and friendly. The location wasn't that bad we just took the trolley's right into town (there are ones that go both into Ogunquit and Wells) We will def. be back and highly reccommend this resort!!!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 19 May 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Ogunquit Resort Motel for our anniversary. We stayed in one of the Luxury rooms with a Jacuzzi in the bedroom. We had a wonderful stay! The room was spacious and having the Jacuzzi in the bedroom instead of the bathroom was excellent.

The staff (both housekeeping and front desk) were very friendly and accomodating. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank free2b77
Reviewed 8 September 2006

We as a family are fortuate and have been able to do long family summer vacations for years, and are fairly experiencedto a wide varity of motels and hotels and resorts. This place looked nice on the internet and the staff at first seemed friendly when we booked our room. However, when we arrived at the motel, we were surprised and concerned about several issues with the quality of the room, and eventually had several concerns with how our comments were handled by the staff and the owner.
Our room was nothing like what the motel represents itself on the internet, and infact, is an offsite cluster of rooms above a laudromat and a strip of small stores, which is also next to a trailer park and several large, smelly trashbins.We also noticed our room was not well kept up as it had peeling paint onto the wall (up by the skylight in an well exposed area) and we noted the the two beds we were told we would have was really one bed and pull out futon. The later had mismatched sheets and thus this required two of us to sleep on the exposed futon.
I went back to the office that night and told the front staff and told them of our concerns and she informed me that there was nothing she could do, and when I asked if we could simply move on and get our deposirt back she refused. The matter though of how she spoke to me was more revealing though than that simply interchange. There was a true sense of arrogance and demeaning standoffishness to her that Ireally haven't seen in decades of traveling at all sorts of properties. It almost seemed rehearsed and a forgone conclusion that there was no other rooms, no other remedies and certainly no way to refund our deposit after we expressed I think reasonable reservations of the quailty and local of the room and the fact it really wasn't as adveritsed. But it gets worse.
The next day, we spoke to another desk staff individaul and again went through our concerns and again was informed there was nothing further that could be done. This individual also informed me that she typically handles all the reservations, that she always tells folks when they would be assigned toa "laudromat room" and that, after she checked a computer screen, indeed she told me at the time I made the reservations (which empathically was not true). When I pointed out I would have remembered sucha conversation and I think she maybe didn't tell me, she smiled in a condesending matter and stated, no, she did tell me. Not detered, I asked to talk to the manager; she immediately informed me that she always trusted her staff and if I was told I was getting that type of room at the time of the reservation, then indeed, that had to have occurred. She stated there was nothing she could do either.
I was, and still am, amazed at the sheer gall and patronizing attitude of all these folks and the complete lack of regard to their paying customers and the complete lack of even trying to do the cardinal first step in a customer complaint, that being at least validating the customer's concerns and showing at least some empathy. There really is a serious matter of arrogance and almost cold meanness that occurred with the staff in the interchanges we had, and I had the definite feeling that they felt they got their 200 dollars for the room and were not even interested in customer concerns. If they were not so caddy about it and if they didn't take themselves so serious it would be almost funny.
The reports of the breakfast room are true, we felt like we were in a prison there, in the basement with only donuts and fake orange juice, and the place is on a noisy highway too.
We typically on a trip get to at least one place that isn't quite nice or has some imperfections( and we typically are very OK with sometimes wide variations in quality), and once a year we as a fanily will jokingly give those places a "Golden Moose Turd Award" at our family get togethers. This place, of all the places we have been too over many, many years is so unique that we have decided to contact the proper authorities about our concerns. Pleasesave yourself some grief, although this place could be good for some folks,it could also be very, very, very bad.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
6  Thank josfoj
Reviewed 20 August 2006

My husband and two children, age 16 and 11, have been going to Maine in August for almost ten years now. We try different spots each time and find most have their good points as well as their bad points. Good points for this resort motel would be the large size of the rooms, the newly renovated bathrooms and the large outdoor pool which they claim is heated but my family disputes this statement. The bad points would be the room we had was on the second floor and there was no easy access to the room so we had to schlep our luggage up the stairs and down the hallway which was somewhat inconvenient. As well as our daily beach gear and cooler. The only rooms with balconies are the suites which meant if your family arises at different times of the morning you have no place to take yourself to get out of the room. All the chairs around the pool are locked tight until 9 am and there are no tables and chairs on the grounds to sit yourself while you wait for your family to get up. I was glad to be in a room down a carpeted hallway that had only a few stains on it. However, the rooms with exposed entrances (poolview) had cement flooring that was terribly stained and quite unsightly. We will be back again next August but will again try another spot.

Reviewed 14 August 2006

My family and I just returned from a pleasant stay in Ogunquit. It was the first time for all of us and we stayed at the Ogunquit Resort Motel, which I was a little uneasy about because of the comments I had read in the posted reviews. Fortunately, we had no problems.
We arrived early and had to wait until 2:00 to check in, but we were allowed to use the pool and jacuzzi in the meantime. The suite we stayed in was clean and the cleaning girls were polite.

Footbridge beach, the closest beach, is about 10 maybe15 minutes by foot, a nice walk but a little far if you want to carry a lot of gear. However, there's parking available. The main Ogunquit Beach is a little farther and would require a car.

The breakfast consisted of a variety of donuts, muffins, danishes, oatmeal cereal, coffee and juices. I saw another reviewer complain that the breakfast area was far from the suites, but I didn't see any problem with it, it really wasn't that far.

The girls at the front desk were not arrogant as I had read in a review, but instead they were friendly and helpful.

As for phone calls, you should probably keep in mind that the motel charges $5.00 just to place a long-distance call, besides the long-distance fee itself (but that may be the policy in all the motels).

The pool water was cold, but maybe that's just me 'cause plenty of guests were enjoying it!
The room was fine, spacious, but the sofa-bed was apparently not very comfortable.

All in all, I really enjoyed Ogunquit and the motel was pretty nice. I think I would not have any trouble going back to the Ogunquit Resort Motel or recommending it to friends.

Stayed: August 2006
1  Thank landexplorer
Reviewed 24 July 2006

My husband & I were celebrating our 34th anniversary & decided to go up to Ogunquit. Even though some of the reviews were not that flattering about this motel we decided to see for ourselves. Since we have traveled quite a bit in our years we have found to use reviews as a guide and judge a place ourselves.
Upon arrival we were very pleasantly greeted by the front desk. We had booked a large room with a balcony and fireplace that overlooked the huge olympic size pool. The room was very clean and the king side bed was comfortable. We definately got a good night sleep after long fun filled days. The pool & jacuzzi were kept immaculate. During our stay the front desk was very helpful when we inquired about different locations and were very helpful with suggestions.
Right next door is the trolly stop which runs about every 15 minutes. The hotel is also located near the beaches and many fine restaurants and a short drive to the Center of town. I reccommend this hotel and will definately go back.

Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank MsDidey
A TripAdvisor Member
CT
Reviewed 12 July 2006

As others have indicated, the rooms are clean and comfortable, but the service is poor.

The young girls at the front desk were especially aggravating. When I arrived at the hotel and asked if I could check in early, they said they didn't know if my room had been cleaned and asked me to come back 2 hours later. At my request, they called Housekeeping and were told my room hadn't been cleaned yet. So once again, they told me to come back at 2:00. However, Housekeeping volunteered to have my room ready in 30 minutes. Fortunately the Housekeeping Staff is much more customer oriented than the two bimbos at the front desk.

When I was checking out, a new customer was checking in and asked the front desk staff to hold a small cooler bag for her until her room was ready. They said they couldn't do that. Then the woman asked if she could just leave the bag in and out-of-the-way place in the lobby area. Again, the desk clerks told her "no" ... this time adding that that was against their policy. Frustrated, the customer left the lobby.

A friend told me she had tried to call one evening but that the calls were forwarded to an answering service. She called from before 9 until 11 (when the office closes) and could not get through. When I asked about this at check in, I was told that the office was open, the phones were working, and that the hotel doesn't use an answering service. Unbelievable! And on top of that, they said they'd be charging me an additional 50 cents for a phone call I didn't make. Like another reviewer said, the way they treat customers is surreal.

I'll be going back to Ogunquit this weekend and definately won't stay at this overpriced and inhospitable motel.

• Stayed: July 2006