Bourne's Ocean Acres Motel
Ranked #32 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
Reviewed 2 September 2010

I didn't expect anything fancy and it wasn't , but location was the key and it was a perfect fit. The room was remarkably impeccable. Very clean and fresh. The only thing that could have used improvement were the bed pillows.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 July 2010

We stay there every year and it has proven to be the most economical and clean place we have ever stayed at. we are going back again this year for a longer stay.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2010

This is my second review of this property. I usually travel with just my husband but this time we had our niece & nephew with us (11yo & 9yo). The kids loved the pools. When we came it was a rainy weekend so having the indoor pool was a blessing. The rooms are very clean and roomy. We do not spend a lot of time in the room when we visit Ogunquit so the basic nature of this motel appeals to us. Many times when we go away, we pay for ammenities that we just don't use. They have added free wi-fi since our last visit. The signal was sporadic and at times non-existent. We were able to get done what we needed but it took us a while. The location of the property is ideal for us. It is on the Ogunquit Trolley Route so we don't have to use the car and close to Foot Bridge so hubby can take his morning walk at the beach. The owners and staff are very friendly and accomodating. We will continue to return to Bourne's Ocean Acres.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 5 July 2010

Merely Ok hotel, if only to sleep in and enjoy the beach the rest of the day.

No kids-related activities onsite besides the two deserted pools. If you like to have your kids play around on asphalt, there is plenty of it.

Most important, if something happens and you have to suddenly stop your travel, e.g. one of your kids is seriously ill, then try to convince the kind, old lady at the desk to pay only for the nights you stayed in. Very difficult to do so, bill is misleading. On important piece of advice: Please remember about your deposit when you check out.

For those checking the web on vacation, the wi-fi barely covers all the rooms, so be ready to move towards the main desk to get a clear reception of the signal.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank summer_traveler5
Reviewed 2 September 2009

My husband and I go to Ogunquit every summer. This summer we went elsewhere and will miss this until next summer when we return. Every year we stay at the Bourne's Ocean Acres Motel. We have been going since well before the addition of the new buildings and the indoor pool. The reasons we return every year is are the service, the spotless rooms, the price, and the ideal location. The Bourne's family has made us feel very welcome at their motel. I require handicapped facilities and they make sure we have our favorite room every year. They really take pride in the way they keep their facility. The grounds and the rooms are always spotless. I love the location. You can walk about a mile to the Foot Bridge Beach or a mile to the center of town. If you are unable to do a lot of walking, the Ogunquit Trolley stops right in front of the motel and there are so many stops that it will take you pretty much anywhere in ogunquit you want to go. You can park your car when you arrive and never have to touch it again until you leave. We have been going to Ogunquit for over 20 years and have stayed in other establishments but our favorite is Bourne's.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2009

I was traveling with a girlfriend and we were looking for a cheaper alternative to the Colonial Village Resort where I usually stay with my husband. Bourne's Ocean Acres was a good choice but I found myself constantly comparing and decided that in future I will spend the extra money.

We booked a room with two queen beds for two adults and two young children for an mid-week August rate of $150.00 (yikes -it is summer in Ogunquit). We choose this hotel because it had a pool and was in walking distance of the beach.

We arrived at 11h30 and were politely told check in was at 2h30, we asked if we could park and go to the beach, no problem, however they had no rest rooms we could use. Even the indoor pool has no facilities.

We walked to the beach which turned out to be a bit further than we expected and with a small cooler, beach toys and chairs and two kids it was to be our last trip by foot. Unless you have a beach wagon or cart or you bring nothing with you the beach, it is more than 5 minutes as advertised.

I walked back to the motel at 4 to check in and pick up the car to get the others, the room was extremely clean although very ordinary but was at least 90 degrees (the outside temp was about 92). Not only was the AC off but the fridge was off with the door open. I found this strange as they knew we were checking in. The beds were very comfortable although the pillows were a bit thin.

We used the outdoor pool in the late PM and it was o.k. but small for the size of the motel. There was no pool supervision and I'm not sure if we were allowed but we did drink a beer by the pool as did many others.

The next morning we received a phone call at 10h40 telling us to check out. I said we reserved two nights and would be checking out only the next morning. She agreed we had booked two nights but said it was the 16th and 17th while I insisted it was the 17th, 18th. I then said "why didn't you say anything when we checked on on the 17th? and our room wasn't even ready." She tried to blame it on her son who checked us in and said it was on the card at check in. All I had done was sign the card and didn't check the dates. I held my ground and explained that I was sure off what I had booked and that we even had friends checking in that night to join us. Eventually she said that she would move people around and that it was ok, but the whole situation made me very uncomfortable.

The indoor pool was very small and as I mentioned had no facilities. There was morning coffee available in the office. All in all this is a good clean motel and if it suits your budget you at least have a clean room with a good bed and we never heard the road or our neighbors. Some of the things I missed from the Colonial were: the continental breakfast, the view from the pool to the ocean, the size of the outdoor pool, walking distance to a mini convenience store, the cheerful staff.

I doubt I would return to this motel as there are so many others to choose from. It was fine but I will pay more next time and get more.

• Stayed: August 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank monicajay
Reviewed 20 April 2009

Well, simply put, this is pretty much your standard Maine coast Rt 1 motel. If you've stayed in one, you've pretty much stayed in them all as they are all remarkably similar. Clean, a little dated and worn, working mini-fridge and A/C, TV. Typical of what you find up and down Rt 1. This motel also has both an outdoor and indoor pool. To me, this motel is a good value becuase their rates are very reasonable and you can walk to Footbridge beach. It's about 5-10 minute walk down the street next to the motel to get to the beach. Very doable walk and it's a nice beach. I could pay more per night for a nicer place but still pay $15/day to park at the beach... or I can spend less, be able to walk to the beach and still have a very clean and reasonable place to lay my head at night. I chose option B. I think we will be returning this summer.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple