“Right on the Beach!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Norseman Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
Norseman Resort
Ranked #21 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
Fairfax, Virginia
“Right on the Beach!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This place is so adorable and tucked away right on the beach. We actually stayed in the room pictured on the main page and it was just absolutely beautiful. The deck is shared with 2 other rooms and looks out over the ocean. There is a pathway right underneath that leads to the public beach.

Everything is within walking distance.....all of the adorable restaurants and shops are close and accessible. We had a ton of fun exploring. It's nice to have a place within walking distance because there is no street parking for most of the restaurants and the small parking lots become full really quickly.

The room was charming. Not updated but clean and roomy. The only thing I could see being an issue for someone was the small shower. A larger person may have trouble showering. That saying, we had no problems.

Overall such a great experience! We will be coming back again!

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony facing the beach!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Sunapee, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We traveled to Ogunquit to see a play at the Ogunquit Play house. We stayed two nights at the Norseman and had a wonderful time. We had a great view from our room of the ocean. Even though it rained all day we enjoyed our stay. The room was very clean and we loved the free breakfast at Huckleberry's and we had a great dinner at Splash. Can't wait to go back to Ogunquit and stay at the Noreseman

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Daina S
Bridgton, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed here for a weekend in June and it was great. The motel is right on the beach and could not be more convenient. The room was a good size, had a lovely balcony overlooking the ocean, and even had a little bar fridge in the bathroom. My only comment is that you should be aware going in that the shower stall in the bathroom is small...so if you are a bigger person you may find it a tight squeeze. Also the rooms are a bit dated, but really immaculate. Otherwise it was the perfect spot for a weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Ocean view is a must!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
new hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

We generally stay at a resort in York Beach, Maine, but wanted to try something different in Qgunquit, Maine, so glad we did! We were at the Norseman 5/30-6/1/14. The resort is older however very well maintained, the room was very clean , a little dated, but very roomy, with two queen beds, a beautiful view of the ocean with with a sliding door to lounge chairs so you can sit & relax enjoy the view and sun! the bathroom was very roomy with a little refrig, and a very nice shower, and again spotless! and what I really enjoyed was the lovely peace and quiet at night, with the perfect sound of the ocean. I would highly recommend this property, perfect for families, because the rooms are so spacious, also the people that work at the property are very nice and friendly, and they have two large binders one with all the restaurant menus , and other with all kinds of thing to do around the area, plus there is a beach store and a short walk to the lovely downtown, could not ask for anything more! We will be back

Room Tip: we were on the top floor, lovely view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NewHampshireOgleman
Stoughton, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

If you go for the beach, you will be pleased. If you go for the hotel, this is not the Ritz. The rooms need work, beds are not comfortable, bathrooms small and decks shared so even though the hotel was not full, you could still hear people stomping across the decks to their rooms. Front desk service ok, nothing to crow about. Felt like just another guest.
Norseman does own other properties in Ogunquit and although further from the beach, they might be more desirable to try from reading the reviews on this site.
All on all, not a terrible stay but nothing spectacular.

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank clarearnold190
Farmington, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Found this hotel through Trip Advisor and was wary in booking it because of mixed reviews regarding its comfort and cleanliness. Took a chance because I wanted a beach vacation and this hotel was right smack on the shores of Ogunquit Beach.

Did not regret it at all!

Check in was smooth and easy. I was given breakfast vouchers, wifi access instructions and my keys. Got a Portside room which was easy access from the lobby. It was a little confusing, though, because the sliding doors (which I thought was the side door onto the shared deck) was actually the main door!

I went in May so the weather was still a bit cool but I'm a little concerned about the lack of ventilation as the sliding doors are the only way wind can get through (save the bathroom window). Yes, there are no windows. There is an A/C in place. We used ours as a heater but it works perfectly. The room is dark so you must use the lamps even during the daytime.

The beds were comfortable enough and I slept well. The room is clean. Decor is outdated but I didn't really mind it as I was out most of the day. The TV had a lot of channels to keep us entertained during a rainy and cold day. The internet was fast too! I was very pleased about that.

Bathroom is small but clean and has ample supplies of toiletries.

The room rate includes breakfast at Huckleberry's, just a few feet away from the hotel. But yes, you do have to go out of the building to get breakfast. I must say I really enjoyed it because the breakfast is substantial and really tasty diner food. I got the corned beef hash every morning and chose different egg preparations each day. My sister had the Eggs Benedict and my mom had the Blueberry Pancakes. There is something to be said about those pancakes---lots of blueberries! Certainly good value for your money, even if you just came to Huckleberry's without the Norseman voucher.

I really enjoyed its proximity to the beach because it was right there! No need to find and pay for parking. No need to worry about lugging too many things because your room is just a few steps away. No need to worry about finding a bathroom. It was just perfect. And, of course, nothing beats being able to hear the ocean 24/7. I grew up having a beach house and the primary reason I wanted to be in this hotel was because I missed the ocean too much and wanted to have access to it as much as I can.

The only thing with the Portside room is it is right beside the beach parking lot and, even during shoulder season, you would be easily bothered by noises from both pedestrians and cars. Most annoyingly, those huge delivery trucks and tour buses would idle by and the noise was just too much. You may want to ask the resort to recommend another part of the hotel for you if you are easily bothered and woken up by noise.

Overall, good experience with this hotel and I would definitely come back! =)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank KateD2012
Rutland, Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Having been the first time to this area and going on a "short of the notice" trip forjust a night I went to the first hotel I saw by the beach..a decision I regret. While I told the very nice staff that I wanted to stay beachfront(rooms also available with river view or partial ocean view for much cheaper) I expected for $180(off peak) the rooms to be beautiful as well. So mind you I was very disappointed to walk into a basic room that would be equal to a 2 star hotel! The bathroom had a very small stand up shower with a basic showerhead,soap that smelled like ivory soap,and the refrigerator in it. The room was dark with an older style border, I believe dark green carpet,and TERRIBLE beds where I had springs sticking into me all night,and basic cheap blankets.However there was sliding glass doors out onto a shared patio right on the ocean. Having it be shared was a disappointment since I would of loved to enjoy the sound of the ocean all night but with the screen on the sliding doors not having a lock and people walking by it would be to dangerous. Unfortunately I don't think I will be returning unless they remodel all their rooms and bring them to what you pay for besides for the location. I didn't sleep all night due to the beds so in the morning we left early and didn't take advantage of the complimentary breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask which have section has newer rooms..even if your not facing the ocean its literally steps away s...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Geri S
ManagerNorseman, Manager at Norseman Resort, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear Geri S,
Thank you for staying at the Norseman Resort on Ogunquit Beach and taking the time to share your opinions on tripadvisor. Our off season rates allow visitors to experience Ogunquit when both the town and beach are less hectic than the summer months. In addition to our location, we offer our guests a complimentary full American breakfast daily from our opening date in late March through mid-May and Monday through Friday from mid-May through late-June. Our rooms are renovated on a regular basis and we always guarantee immaculately clean, well maintained rooms combined with great service. Our rates also include two restaurants - our beachfront restaurant, Splash which has great outdoor dining overlooking Ogunquit Beach offering a casual menu, full bar and daily happy hour specials. Huckleberry's Restaurant serves breakfast and lunch in a casual family dining atmosphere. Two retail stores, complimentary wireless internet, coffee makers, irons/boards, hairdryers, refrigerators and complimentary parking for one vehicle per room. In season we have an outdoor heated swimming pool, tennis court, fitness room, sauna available at our Aspinquid location which is just a short walk up Beach Street. Our mattresses are high quality Serta and unless the mattress was removed and one were to sleep on the box spring, there would be no possible encounter with springs. Our decks and balconies are shared but most of our guests are respectful of their neighbor's privacy and are more concerned with enjoying the scenery of the ocean, beach and dunes as well as breathing the fresh salt air. Our Aspinquid location does provide private decks and balconies should that be your preference. As you were able to secure one of our last available oceanfront rooms on a busy weekend, may we suggest reservations the next time you visit to ensure your desired room type and location. Thank you again for staying with us and happy travels.