“You will LOVE the Gazebo Inn!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
Gazebo Inn Ogunquit
Ranked #2 of 26 Ogunquit B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 May 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Gazebo Inn (our 2nd time) for 5 days to celebrate our 10th anniversary and we would go back right now if we could! The Inn is beautifully and tastefully decorated, has all the amenities that we could ever want- from the tiled shower with body jets and two sided fireplace (one side facing the 2 person whirlpool tub, of course) to the XM radio and the Keurig in our suite! During this stay we chose to have a couples massage and it was well worth it- ultimate relaxation right at the Inn. Breakfast was consistently delicious and we looked forward to it each morning. Everything about our stay just made us feel so relaxed that it was difficult to leave. Scott, Bruce, Peter and all the staff are wonderfully helpful; they have great restaurant recommendations and are really just genuinely nice to talk to. This may sound strange after all that, but one of my absolute FAVORITE aspects of the Inn is the cleanliness. Everything is immaculate!! I NEVER get in a hotel shower (let alone walk around barefoot) without my trusty flip flops, and I don’t even bring them to the Gazebo Inn. We love everything about the Inn and can't wait to plan our next visit. (I didn’t even mention the scones...oh the scones....yum!)

Room Tip: The Barn suites are amazing!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,139)

Reviewed 11 May 2011

After a whirlwind romance (involving many drives back and forth from DC to Ohio), all sorts of family health issues and planning a large wedding in five months, my husband and I knew that the ultimate goal for our honeymoon was to relax and finally get a chance to stop and take a breath. Thanks to several glowing reviews on TripAdvisor, we quickly settled on The Gazebo Inn in Ogunquit, ME, and booked their Footbridge Beach Honeymoon Package, in hopes of finding the rest we'd so been looking forward to. When we arrived on their doorstep, just shy of midnight after a 13-hour drive the day following our wedding, we were greeted by Peter, who made us instantly feel so welcome and cared for. It was clear from the start, we were going to have an incredible stay at the Gazebo, and they certainly did not disappoint!

When we entered our gorgeous room (The Woodbury Dixon Suite), there was a bottle of champagne, a bouquet of red roses and chocolate-covered strawberries waiting for us! But this was just the start of all the ways in which Peter, and innkeepers Scott & Bruce, took such good care of us and really made us feel that they were celebrating with us.
If we needed tips on where to dine around town, things to see or even where to buy scotch, Peter and Scott were always ready with an answer or would actually do some research for us. The limo rides to and from our included dinners were a fantastic touch, and the restaurants that they have chosen are superb! I'm an unabashed foodie, so it says quite a bit when I had some of my most memorable dishes while on our honeymoon, especially the coconut sorbet at Angelina's! Breakfast each morning at the Inn was amazing, and despite never being a fan of breakfast foods before, they made a total believer out of me. If all of that wasn’t enough, we were also treated to a couples massage class as a part of our package, which was the height of relaxation – especially after having hauled around a good 5-10 lbs of a big white dress a few days prior! But the ultimate touching moment came when we sat down to dinner at Angelina’s on our last night, and our waitress brought each of us a glass of scotch, compliments of the Gazebo. We had mentioned to Scott a scotch we’d both fallen for during our dinner at Clay Hill Farm, and here he remembered it and they treated us to a glass on our final night! There really was no level on which we were not made to feel like family.

The Inn itself is simply stunning. It has a wonderful rustic New England feel, but done in such an elegant way that it in no way smacks of the need to break out your buffalo plaid shirt and clean your moose-hunting rifle. They had just opened their brand new, outdoor hot tub, and though we didn’t get around to utilizing it, it was beautifully done and constructed with privacy in mind so that you don’t have to feel crammed in a small space with total strangers. Though we happened on the Inn as spring was just starting to be sprung, it was not hard to imagine how beautiful the grounds will look once everything is in full bloom. But most captivating of all was our room, The Woodbury Dixon Suite, which shares the top floor of the barn with the Library. If I could have somehow gotten the massive shower and the stainless steel refrigerator home with me, I would have surely tried, and I would have attempted to wrap it all up and hide in the most luxurious sheets I have ever slept on! With the weather still being on the chilly end, we were able to utilize our fireplace, even from the comfort of our two-person jacuzzi while we sipped champagne and watched hockey on the tele alongside the jacuzzi. We could have hosted a family reunion in our shower, which also doubled as a steam sauna and had body jets and one of those lovely giant rainfall showerheads. The kitchenette area was a great treat, especially having the fridge to be able to keep about two-dozen leftover wedding cupcakes and champagne perfectly chilled! Plus, as complete caffeine addicts, we had great fun with the in-room Keurig, and are now wondering if we shouldn’t return the coffee maker on our registry and get ourselves one of those lovely contraptions! But hands down the most incredible aspect of the room was our king-sized bed, which was, without a doubt, the most comfortable and luxurious bed either of us have ever slept in. I am convinced that I will never sleep as well again as I did on our honeymoon. Which just gives us further cause to return to the Gazebo – as if we needed more excuses!

All in all, our stay at the Gazebo Inn and our time in Ogunquit, made for the perfect honeymoon for us on so many levels. By the time we bid Scott, Bruce & Peter goodbye, our bellies had been duly filled with fresh lobster, our minds and bodies had been refreshed by supreme luxury and, if it be possible, we left even more in love than when we arrived. Thanks so very much to Scott, Bruce & Peter and the rest of the Gazebo staff for making our honeymoon so very memorable! We will undoubtedly see you all again!

Room Tip: Certainly book one of their amazing packages!
Reviewed 10 May 2011

This place has a problem - it spoils you for every other place you ever stay! We love this place, we discovered it last year, and actually got married there! We came back, we had too! The Gazebo Inn's irresistable pull...the house is stunning, the bedrooms and suites are all amazing, the beds, so hard to get out of, and you probably wouldn't if it were not for the most amazing breakfasts..and the incredible new hot tub!! Big enough to swim in.
Scott and Bruce are so lovely it feels like you are visiting old friends, all the staff are great too.
Ogunquit is a lovely town, The Gazebo is just perfect, we will be back again and again. Highly recommend it for a romantic weekend! :-)

Reviewed 9 May 2011

Peter / Scott / Bruce:

I just wanted to drop a quick note to thank you and your staff for an amazing weekend. Tricia and I were blown away by your attention to detail when we walked in, and we remained totally impressed throughout the weekend. From your hospitality, to the facilities at the Gazebo, to the places you recommended for meals, to the amazing breakfast we had the Inn, we thought it a 5 star experience all around.

As we drove home, I said to Tricia that staying anywhere but the Gazebo Inn would cheapen the experience of returning to Ogunquit. We will most definitely be back!

Thanks so much...
------------------------------
Bill Webb

Reviewed 5 May 2011

We stayed in Barn Suite 3. I ordered champagne and strawberries to celebrate my husbands birthday. The room was great. The jacuzzi bath with a fireplace in the room and bathroom was so nice. We enjoyed 1986 cabernet with one of the owners Scott who made us feel we were with the part of your family you really like. Peter did a great tour of inn. I had blueberry mimosa with my breakfast and it was wonderful. We intend to come back hopefully next year. This was a wonderful introduction to Maine. Yes they are right on Rte 1 but it didnt matter. It was a dream stay and if you are looking for an amazing adult getaway this is the place. You wont be disappointed!!!

Room Tip: The Barn Suites are top notch
Reviewed 1 May 2011

My wife and I don't get to go away as much as we'd like. We found the Gazebo Inn last year and it is our Northern Paradise! Anyone looking for a luxury inn with service that is second to none and rooms to match should go here. Scott, Bruce and the staff are phenomenal these guys go out of their way to make you as comfortable as possible.

The new hot tub is the most beautiful I have ever seen.

We cannot wait to come back next year and starting talking about making reservations for next year before we left this weekend.

Thank you for another memorable weekend.

Room Tip: Reserve Early
Reviewed 25 April 2011

My Partner and I have been staying at the Gazebo now for about two years. We have stayed at numerous B&Bs, hotel and motels in the area and by far the Gazebo is the best place to stay. We like that we can avoid all the hussle and bussle of downtown Ogunquit but are within easy walking distance to get into the town. The Inn is convenient to the beach also. We love to walk and the Gazebo is perfectly located. I have been travelling to Ogunquit for over 20 years and the Gazebo makes all the difference, The Inn Keepers (Scott and Bruce) and thier manager (Peter) make us feel like family whenever we are there. They are all quick to help with anything you need to make your visit comfortable and peaceful. They are always striving to meet the highest standards for their guests. The Inn is homey and very comfortable. Every detail is perfect.

Room Tip: Barn Suites, book early they fill quickly.