“A 5 Star Barn!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
Gazebo Inn Ogunquit
Ranked #2 of 26 Ogunquit B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My fiancé and I just returned from another great trip to Maine, and Gazebo Inn Ogunquit was central to our plans. After lodging at this inn during trips past (and other properties owned by Bruce & Scott) we now plan our trips to New England around stays at Gazebo!

Both of us have traveled extensively for work, and this property offers the best accommodations we have encountered worldwide. The experience at Gazebo combines the amenities of a 5-star hotel, the hospitality of a bed and breakfast, and the relaxed atmosphere of home (or what we would like our home to feel like)! A good illustration of the quality of service offered is the check-in process – upon arriving at Gazebo we have always been greeted by Peter or Scott in the driveway, welcoming us and offering to help with luggage.

Quality continues from the service at check-in all the way through the property and the stay. It is obvious that no expense has been spared in the renovation of the property, the furnishings, or the bedding. I was glad to find out while talking to other guests at breakfast that were not the only people trying to get in as many steam showers (with 4 body jets and a rain shower head), hot tub soaks, or in-room Jacuzzi baths during our stay as possible. With all of this luxury we didn’t have enough time to get a massage in the Gazebo’s own massage room!

Breakfast is phenomenal, and stays exciting throughout the visit with small variations in the menu. Some favorites from this trip: Maine blueberry pancakes, spinach with feta cheese, perfectly cooked bacon, eggs, bacon, scrambled eggs with fontina cheese, and bacon. Luckily the choice of blueberry or cranberry/white chocolate scones was available every day! 6 different coffee choices, 3 juices, and a full range of teas are at the ready to enjoy with your meal.

The common space has a self-service bar with bottles of red/white/sparking wine, and champagne (all available chilled). This honor system supply is convenient when you decide to have a glass of wine late at night or just feel like going out. During this trip we opened a special bottle of champagne only to find out the cork went bad during storage, but our night wasn’t ruined – I only had to walk down to the wine fridge and get a new bottle!

Of special note on this trip, I made an error during trip planning and booked our stay a night short. It was only through conversation with Scott and Peter at breakfast that I realized this, and they were so accommodating and helpful even though it was my mistake.

It is obvious that everyone at Gazebo Inn loves what they do and possess a very special knack for hospitality. I can’t imagine anyone not enjoying this piece of heaven!

Room Tip: Barn Suite 4 has a great pool view and enjoys the sounds of the backyard water features.
There are newer reviews for Gazebo Inn Ogunquit

Reviewed 16 October 2013

This was our first time to stay at The Gazebo Inn and it won't be the last. We stayed in Barn Suite #1 and loved everything about it from the oh-so-comfortable bed to the steam shower with 5 shower nozzles. Scott and Peter were the ultimate hosts making sure we had everything we needed and giving us advise on places to eat and things to see. We felt utterly pampered and relaxed. The next morning we were treated to the best breakfast ever....bacon, blueberry pancakes, roasted seasoned potatoes, scones, oh the scones! fruit and more. We felt so comfortable and loved our stay. The Inn and the grounds were beautifully kept and every attention to detail was made. Our room was immaculate and very comfortable. We were totally pleased and wished we had more time for a longer stay. Thank you Scott and Peter for a wonderful place to stay and for your superb hospitality! We had a great time!!!

Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

My husband Wayne & I just returned from an anniversary weekend getaway to this lovely B & B. We've been going to lower Maine for the last 20 years, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay here at the Inn. From hello, this place had us, beginning with a personal tour of the grounds & it's amenities. The staff-Scott, Peter, and our driver Sam, couldn't do enough for us, and they truly exemplify warm & genuine hospitality.
We had king room 5, which was smaller but quite adequate. The barn suites apparently book-out WAY in advance, so plan ahead! The room location was perfect, with our outside door close to the outdoor hot-tub. The breakfasts were nothing less than gourmet, with amazing home-made scones, multiple buffet-style hot dishes, several juices & coffee/tea flavors every morning! Oh, and they had stevia-sweetener & organic honey-straws!! Wow!!
We chose the romantic getaway package, which is an excellent value. Gorgeous roses, wine, glasses, 2 excellent choice restaurants with limo ride (we had a Mercedes SUV-limo was being serviced) to each. Rooms have keurig(with sweeteners/creamers in fridge) fridge, pot-belly stove, wonderful sheets, plush towels, Lindt chocolates, & bowl of mints on the side-table. I could go on & on, but you get the picture! High quality experience, reasonable cost. Look into packages-well worth it! Thanks guys for making it a memorable getaway! We will be back!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This was my 4th visit to Gazebo and it met every expectation and then some. Scott, Peter, and the rest of the staff went overboard to make sure my husband and I were comfortable and had everything we needed (including running to one of their sister properties to pick up a DVD for us to watch!!!) This trip was a combined babymoon and 10th anniversary so we splurged on Barn Suite 5. This room has spoiled me for life. It was so quiet and private we felt like we were the only people at the inn. Being 8 month pregnant, comfort is in short supply - I wanted to take the bed, couch, and hot tub home with me. We had them bring breakfast to our room on two mornings during our stay and it was heaven. They made sure we had the perfect selection of everything the offer downstairs. We had never thought to treat ourselves with that option before and it was perfect. I highly recommend it for anyone wanting a little extra privacy and pampering. Gazebo is our go to home away from home when we visit the Maine coast. I only hope we can get back there again soon.

Room Tip: The barn suites are by far our favorite. Definitely worth checking out.
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We are from Massachusetts and when we booked our honeymoon at Gazebo Inn we sort of felt like we were compromising. We didn't have a lot of time off from work and didn't want to spend all of our money on flights going somewhere exotic. It was honestly the best decision we could have made. There was no compromise or sacrifice involved in staying at so luxurious a place!! We stayed in Barn Suite 5 which is an incredible room with a two person tub, king size bed, steam shower with a rainfall shower-head, double-sided fireplace...I could go on and on about the room alone. What really makes this place so special though are the people (and the breakfasts!). I have never been treated so well and I've stayed at some pretty high end places in the past. We felt comfortable from the moment we walked and literally everyone on staff was friendly, accommodating and just plain nice to be around. And the breakfasts - oh the breakfasts. We've stayed at a handful of B&Bs and we've never had such delicious breakfasts. The masseuses on staff are equally amazing and the dinner and lunch packages offered are fantastic. This vacation, though shorter than some (we stayed 3 nights) and closer to our home than some, was hands down the best we've ever had. If you are heading to this part of the world you must stay here. And even if you aren't, you should consider making a special trip just to stay at Gazebo Inn. I am counting down the days until we can go back. Worth every penny and quite a bit more besides!!

Room Tip: Barn Suite 5 is incredible, although it is also the priciest room.
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The accommodations, the service, the food, the people, everything is always the same, excellent in every way. My wife and I have been many places, and this one keeps us coming back for more. Thanks so much to the entire staff for another great year.
For those of you who have never been. The rooms are spectacular. We have not stayed in every room yet but most have an abundance of creature comforts. Climate control, piped in music, Jacuzzi tub, large shower with steam, sink, fridge, flat screen TV, coffee. Indoors there are large common rooms to share with friends and fellow guests. Outside there is a hot tub with room to spare, pool for a short swim, and plenty of room to lounge. Breakfast every day is a delicious selection of good food, drinks and coffee. You won't want breakfast anywhere else. If you can't find a room available here, ask the staff for another good recommendation and you won't be disappointed.
TnT

Room Tip: Haven't been disapointed in a room yet. If you like the smell of breakfast cooking and fresh co...
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The inn is wonderful. We only stayed for two nights but felt right at home. Our stop here was during our last two days in the New England area finishing up a 8 day trip with my husband and my folks. I was semi-worried my dad would not like it but he was highly impressed. Everything was perfect. Our last night we chose to stay in and hang out by the bar area with some local wines and cheese we purchased on our journey. This was a perfect area to visit with other guests.
I think the only thing I would change, is to buck up and pay the additional cost for a suite. We had rooms 8 & 9. Room 8 is small and there is not much room for many bags. Oh, the pillows were new and too "puffy" but just ask and a replacement will be found.

Room Tip: Room 8 is fine for a single or a couple traveling light (shared bag). The bed in this room is also h...