“Great Getaway!”

Ranked #6 of 26 Ogunquit B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Great Getaway!”
Reviewed 26 September 2012

What a perfect place to spend a much needed getaway! Charles and David could not do enough to make our stay absolutely wonderful. You can tell that they truly love what they do and want you to feel as comfortable as possible. The breakfast was delicious and different each morning. The location is great - it's centrally located and the trolley stop is steps away. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We're so glad we found this place and we look forward to coming again next year!

Room Tip: Star Suite
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Millbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We came for our 25th wedding anniversary,could not have chosen a better place.David an Charles were the most gracious hosts .We came back to the guest house to a surprise of a bottle of champagne ,glasses,a card an balloons .Who could ask for more.We will be back again.Thank you both for celebrating with us.Ruthann and Allan

Room Tip: Take the blue room it has a beautiful deck.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 September 2012

David and Charles are living their dream and it was clearly evident from the minute we entered the guest house. It is absolutely beautiful...and peaceful...and inviting...and tastefully decorated...and very clean...and breakfast was delicious!! Each room in unique and calming. There is simply a sense of peace, tranquility and happiness there.
The location is perfect. There is a trolley stop right across the street which we took when we went to the beach, but for the most part we were in walking distance to everything else.
David and Charles are gracious hosts and I highly recommend the Dragonfly Guest House...we can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Each room is depicted perfectly on their website.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed 10 September 2012

This B&B is just lovely. Delicious breakfasts, comfy rooms. The owners are great hosts, very helpful and welcoming. There's a hot tub and you can schedule a massage onsite. We could walk to the shops, restaurants, and beach. This was my first time in Ogunquit, what a great experience!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Chelmsford
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I would have to call this place a 'Comfort Inn'.....not a guest house. You enter as guests; but definately leave as friends. Charles & David provide a transquil and warm atmosphere. The Inn is impeccably clean and decorated lovely. Each room has it's own personality. We stayed in the Lilac Room and enjoyed our morning coffee on the deck, slightly hidden by trees, providing just enough privacey while still being able to people watch! Center of Town and Perkins Cove is a short walk; however, the trolley stops right out front if you prefer. I wish Charles, David & Cooper much success on their new journey.......we can't wait to go back!!

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Monkton Boro, Vermont, United States
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I couldn't recommend the Dragonfly Guest House enough. Charles and David were fabulous hosts and we felt very much at home. The breakfasts were so wonderful that we skipped the Egg and I this trip and we have never done that before. They served up French Toast cassarole one morning, spinach quiche another and Zucchini Strada on our last day. They make the best homemade granola and scones ever!! The guest house was very clean and Charles and David were always asking if we needed anything. The location is perfect with a trolly stop just across the street. This trip we brought my Mother with us and Charles and David were so kind to her, the house was easy for her, we stayed on the main floor and she could avoid stairs because the front door is ground level. We travel to Ogunquit often and this is our new place to stay!!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the suite if you want the extra room, we also had the lilac room and it was beautiful on...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Charles and David made my first B&B experience wonderful. I cannot believe I had waited so long to visit a Bead & Breakfast. I was traveling solo and both Charles & David went out of their way to make me feel at home. I felt as if I was visiting with old friends. Their inn/home is beautiful. The growns are well maintained and the Dragonfly has a nice cozy feel. I looked at well over two dozen B&B's before chosing the Dragonfly and I was impressed by the modern feel of the place. I had always gotten the impression in the past that all B&B were either victorian or looked as if you were staying with your elderly grandmother..lol. That is surely not the case here. My room was inviting and the bed was soooo comfy. I had the best night sleep (I stayed in the smaller quieter Pistachio Room).

Checkin was smooth and I had the entire place to myself my first night which happened to be a Thursday evening. Charles suggested a wonderful restaurant/lounge called Five-O
www.five-oshoreroad.com. This gem of a place is located within walking distance of Dragonfly and I did not feel at all out of place while sitting at the bar alone.Oh, I forgot to mention what a wonderful cook Charles is. Every morning you have a huge selection of yougurt, cereals, bagels, teas & coffees to choose from. There is also a sweet or savory maine dish. My first morning the savory dish was a crustless spinach & cheese quiche. My last day the sweet was a pecan french toast casserole.

I recommend this in for friends, singles, and couples. Should you have to work free Wi-Fi is also available. You may have to rent a car to get to Ogunquit but trust me when I say you do not need one to get around. Everything is either a short trolley ride away or within walking distance. I am looking forward to visiting Maine and my new found friends again.

Room Tip: Park your car and explore Ogunquit by either trolley or on foot.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo