We booked 2 nights as a very last minute stay. We picked the hotel based on price and proximity to beach & downtown. I read reviews after we booked and was nervous we made a mistake, but I have to say, I found the negative reviews misleading.
We got a newly renovated 2 bedroom (queen) with a microwave, fridge, and flat screen tv. The room was clean and enough space for (4) 2 adults, 1 baby and 6 year old. The grounds were clean as was the lobby / breakfast area.
The pool was large, but could use some maintance. I think they would benefit by adding additional shade / umbrellas and lounge chairs. The water was chilly, but clean.
The continental breakfast was a limited, but the donuts were very fresh and yummy.
All and all, I was pleasantly pleased. I would suggest for those on a budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Newly Renovated clean and classic coastal vacation spot for families, offers a wide range of accommodations (motel rooms, efficiencies, suites, cottages or apartments) on 5 acres of land overlooking a tidal river along the Atlantic Ocean. All of our thoughtfully appointed accommodations are equipped with refrigerators, Keurig, microwaves, 230 cable channel including Cinemax and Starz, air conditioning, heat and more. We have indoor/outdoor pools with hot tub. For your furry family member we have few designated Pet Friendly rooms! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Redwoods Resort formerly known as Colonial Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colonial Village Hotel Ogunquit
- Colonial Village Motel
- Redwoods Resort Formerly Known As Colonial Village Resort Ogunquit, Maine