The rooms are small and the beds take up almost all of the space. The furniture looks like it hasn't been replaced in 20 years, and the kitchen is even worse. The 20" TV they put in the living room can only be seen by a few people at a time. That said, the towels were great (although the bathroom was really small to accommodate up to 6 people) and fluffy, everything seemed clean, the pool was nice, and the location can't be beat. Only a 10 minute walk to the beach! Walls are pretty thin though and there was some weird banging noises outside our room. The indoor pool is a little too highly chlorinated as well- it hurt my eyes just being in the pool area. To be fair, it's probably really hard to keep up a place where people are tracking in sand on a daily basis, so I am impressed with the housekeeping services. We also liked the use of rowboats to get to the beach at high tide. So, not the nicest place, but definitely adequate for a family vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Newly Renovated clean and classic coastal vacation spot for families, offers a wide range of accommodations (motel rooms, efficiencies, suites, cottages or apartments) on 5 acres of land overlooking a tidal river along the Atlantic Ocean. All of our thoughtfully appointed accommodations are equipped with refrigerators, Keurig, microwaves, 230 cable channel including Cinemax and Starz, air conditioning, heat and more. We have indoor/outdoor pools with hot tub. For your furry family member we have few designated Pet Friendly rooms! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Redwoods Resort formerly known as Colonial Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colonial Village Hotel Ogunquit
- Colonial Village Motel
- Redwoods Resort Formerly Known As Colonial Village Resort Ogunquit, Maine